Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
$80 for blu-ray. They should put down $60. More peoples will jump on. I waits till end of the month for my taxes return ;)
$80 is a great price for a first fun of an entire 25 episode series. The price of the series for the price of 4 episodes of an animplex release :p

I can't believe it! They ripping you off extra $15 on shipping. That's so lame. They should give peoples Free Shipping when they Put in $80 or more. Greedy Bastard.
I hate shipping not being included, but at the same time even with $15 shipping they are cheaper than funimation's $125 for the same thing for escaflowne and funimation has their own dubbing studio with little risk to themselves while pied piper is betting pretty much everything on this.

So if the Funimation kickstarter for escaflowne does not reach it's goal does that mean that it wont be releasing in blu ray?or it still will but with bandai dub?

So if the Funimation kickstarter for escaflowne does not reach it's goal does that mean that it wont be releasing in blu ray?or it still will but with bandai dub?
doesn't matter already met the goal :p

also with the skip beat campaign I asked what happens if it doesn't make funding since it's on flexible and they keep your money anyways

Thank you for being an evangelist for Skip Beat! You know me from Time of EVE. I will not leave rewards unfulfilled.

I can't believe it! They ripping you off extra $15 on shipping. That's so lame. They should give peoples Free Shipping when they Put in $80 or more. Greedy Bastard.
Whoa, you went 0 to 60 pretty quickly. Remember that this isn't Funimation or Section 23 who have plenty of money and resources, this is a one person operation. Also, when you see that you're getting the ENTIRE show for $80 and then compare to what you have to pay Funimation, Section 23, and especially Aniplex it's pretty reasonable.

^^Ditto for me. I just watched Skip Beat on CR a couple weeks ago and loved it!  I went with the $150 tier as well - neoz, I was pledge #3 on that level, right behind yours! 

I've never even seen Escaflowne, and I'm not a mecha fan, so I don't know if I will even like it at all, total blind buy, lol... Even so, I did the $200 level for Escaflowne, to get the soundtrack too, but since the CE is not an exclusive to the Kickstarter and will be sold afterwards, I think I'll be dropping my pledge down to the $125 level to get the Kickstarter exclusive chipboard box. I'm waiting to see if Funimation realizes their error in logic and at least makes the art on the CE box exclusive, or something worthwhile, before I decide to drop my pledge to a lower level. 

Animeigo's Riding Bean Kickstarter is Sunday at 4PM EST.  I'm in for all three! 

I think I'll be dropping my pledge down to the $125 level to get the Kickstarter exclusive chipboard box.
Like I mentioned in my previous post, the $65 tier for part 1 still gets you the Kickstarter exclusive box for both parts. When the release hits retail you'd easily be able to find part 2 for under $40. Since the goal has already been met there's no reason to touch the 125 or 155 tiers, unless you think a poster is worth $20+.

FUNi noted in their FAQ that the $175 CE is going to be available for retail, which I mentioned in my previous post days ago was incredibly questionable. The Kickstarter box's artwork hasn't been revealed, but I'm sure it won't be that great considering the CE is supposed to feature the new R2 artwork. If you're going to buy the movie for completionist's sake like me, you may as well get the CE since it'll house everything. I won't be surprised to see the CE go for an MSRP of maybe $150 but be on sale for $80 or so. Nothing is set in stone, though, but I think anyone who did dropped $175 is paying for a very pricey pre-order.

Still holding out hopes of hopes for someone to do a kickstarter to the rest of Hajime No Ippo.  Hey when I dream, I dream big. :lol:

Also would like to see some Maison Ikkoku Blurays plus the Movie & OVA that never got released here.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the $65 tier for part 1 still gets you the Kickstarter exclusive box for both parts. When the ,release hits retail you'd easily be able to find part 2 for under $40. Since the goal has already been met there's no reason to touch the 125 or 155 tiers, unless you think a poster is worth $20+.
Well, I'd rather just order it all at once rather than piece it together later... I also want to find out from Funi what the actual size of the poster is - when they say theatrical poster, I'm hoping it will be a full-sized 27x40" poster, because I do have a dedicated projection theater room in my home and already have a few theatrical anime posters framed on the walls... so a proper sized poster would actually be very desirable to me.

Marmalade Boy blus please.

They need to make sure to greatly enhance the audio, so when they play the opening song during dramatic moment at the end of each episode, it'll be even more shocking.

I'd rather have Planetes Blus. That show still being unlicesned is a crime against humanity.
I remember watching that some time ago and I never understood why people were so excited about it. Maybe you can fill me in. I am still waiting patiently for the supreme slackers at Funimation release Code Geass (in one, complete box, no parts you jerks) and Outlaw Star.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I am not sure I did watch it actually! I feel like I may have. I need to find it to confirm.

Edit 2: Ok, my memory is slowly working and I think I did watch it...was there an episode or two where he walks on the moon?

so totally not a deal, but it could lead to deals down the line :p

the president of rightstuf is doing a sorta AMA over on reddit where he is answering stuff over the next few days.

I told him to get more attention run a kickstarter doing something like getting the rights from Viz to release Monster or rescue conan/gintama :p

also complained about their new shipping stuff where I have an order from jan I won't get until april.
I asked him about Gintama and he said they have no plans at the moment for releasing the show.

I remember watching that some time ago and I never understood why people were so excited about it. Maybe you can fill me in. I am still waiting patiently for the supreme slackers at Funimation release Code Geass (in one, complete box, no parts you jerks) and Outlaw Star.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I am not sure I did watch it actually! I feel like I may have. I need to find it to confirm.

Edit 2: Ok, my memory is slowly working and I think I did watch it...was there an episode or two where he walks on the moon?
There are a LOT of episodes where they walk on the moon, since it's the Big City of the show.

It's starts out about space garbagemen cleaning up debris, but it soon warps into a character drama about the trials of living in space and government control. As said, there are a lot of technical details in the show (such as what being born and living on the Moon would be like) and a lot of serious plotlines throughout (including cancer, brain damage, mental issues, getting trapped out in space with a limited air supply, etc.). It is also one of the best examples of hard sci-fi in any medium, even better than Gravity. I will admit that Ai can get annoying in the first few episodes, but she drops that after Episode 5.

It also has a damn good opening that actually changes every episode (that, for whatever reason, doesn't wanna embed for me. I seriously think there's a limit.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3uS4uA0wI​

About pull trigger on Gundam ZZ on blu-ray. Really sad no English DUB will put it on hold for while before i pick it up!
Personally, I'm just happy it will be getting a blu-ray release. I remember the original plan was a dvd only release. Thankful that Sunrise decided to change their plans. No dub is a bit of a bummer though.

Just stopped by to say that Robotech > Macross > Gundam...So what we really need is Robotech and Macross blus. None of this Gundam trash, expect Endless Waltz. I would be ok with that.

After the somewhat fractured DVD releases for the Gundam series, it is nice to see some more regular releases coming for the legacy shows. If I'm not mistaken, neither X nor ZZ were ever released on Region 1 DVD. So this will be a first for long-time Gundam fans in the West. It's also nice that they're going a bit more in chronological order, instead of just trying to release the most popular series and spin-offs first.

I picked up the two volumes of original Gundam, as well as the first volume of Z Gundam recently (on Blu-Ray). These have been much harder to find on DVD since the Bandai USA shut-down, so the recent Blu-Ray release schedule is a bit of a relief.

Just stopped by to say that Robotech > Macross > Gundam...So what we really need is Robotech and Macross blus.
The licensing around Gundam is considerably less convoluted. The licensing around Robotech/Macross is an absolute mess. So I wouldn't expect anything on that front for quite some time. Fans have been clamoring for more Western releases for that series for ages. But the licensing is so fractured and inconsistent that it is not likely to happen.

Lol...well...I'm not sure I agree with that RE: Robotech. There are also mutliple iterations of Macross and Gundam, so you'd really have to pick and choose your battles. Macross Frontier and Gundam 00 are the tops for me, but I haven't watched all the Gundams since there are far too many. I have watched all the Macross stuff though I believe. Anyways, back to the dealz!

Oh im totally aware how bad the licensing is for Macross and Robotech. I think it's slightly more likely for the Justice League to show up in the MCU. Cant stop me from wanting it though.

So, Viz just posted a YouTube video of an unboxing of Sailor Moon R Part 1 & 2 (no, I don't know why they posted it now instead of back when it was released) and I asked about Sailor Moon S. Surprisingly, I got two official replies saying that it will be announced "soon" with "details forthcoming." Take of that what you will.

I'm still content with the DVD release of S done by Pioneer/Geneon. At least they had decent audio, unlike the first two seasons by ADV.

About pull trigger on Gundam ZZ on blu-ray. Really sad no English DUB will put it on hold for while before i pick it up!
I've been waiting for Gundam ZZ for a very long time. I really wish it had a dub, but it'll still be an instant buy for me. I almost purchased the bootlegs years ago, but didn't after I heard those subs were terrible.

So, Viz just posted a YouTube video of an unboxing of Sailor Moon R Part 1 & 2 (no, I don't know why they posted it now instead of back when it was released) and I asked about Sailor Moon S. Surprisingly, I got two official replies saying that it will be announced "soon" with "details forthcoming." Take of that what you will.
Cool, thanks for the update!

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I was in Best Buy the other day and saw a placeholder for "Sailor Moon Crystal: Set 1" blu-ray for $57.99: I don't think there's been any official announcement yet, but it would be in keeping with Viz's past pricing. I hope that's for a special collector's edition though: I'd like a copy for the collection but without any nice extras, I'll stick with hulu and cross my fingers for another $20 sale like with the classic anime redub.

Eh, I managed to get two Naruto volumes (70 & Shikamaru's Story), plus Umi Monogatari and Natsuki Rendevous. Plus, Zorro Complete Series to top things off.

For those of you hesitant to pay Aniplex pricing they have the dubs and sub versions of Your Lie in April and both seasons of Aldnoah Zero on Netflix now.

bread's done
Back