Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Publisher can dump in $4K without complains If not they better give back $$$$$$ to the peoples
Publisher? I guess you can call the KS campaign that except they kind of aren't. They aren't affiliated with TV Tokyo and this is all their own money, so I wouldn't be that presumptious. Either way, it's on a solid trajectory to hit the blu-ray goal tonight if not tomorrow morning.

Is Utawarerumono worth getting for about $8? I'm on the fence about it, so I was hoping to get a few opinions. Normally I pick up pretty much anything under $10, but I'm not feeling as adventurous as I normally do.  ;)

Is Utawarerumono worth getting for about $8? I'm on the fence about it, so I was hoping to get a few opinions. Normally I pick up pretty much anything under $10, but I'm not feeling as adventurous as I normally do. ;)
You can never go wrong with buying anime under $8.I say go for it and add it to the backlog.

Is Utawarerumono worth getting for about $8? I'm on the fence about it, so I was hoping to get a few opinions. Normally I pick up pretty much anything under $10, but I'm not feeling as adventurous as I normally do. ;)
it's an enjoyable enough series, that has some weird twists that some people don't like, and some dated animation, but overall I think it is a good series.

I thoroughly loathed it, for what it's worth. It was an infuriatingly vapid harem show with fantasy elements that never amounted to much of anything.

Even if it's not all that good, at $8 you could sell it on eBay or Amazon and make a profit.
ugh. I did this with that rightstuf sale where the akb0048 series was like $20 combined. I sold one but I've been having trouble with the other (season one). Amazon only takes it for like .25 and no ones has taken the bite on ebay.

So my bit of advice on top of yours: It doesn't always work as fast as it seems.

I sold both seasons (DVD versions) for $20 each relatively quickly. Yea, I'm that good. :p

original.gif

Note: I just made this post as an excuse to post this GIF.

I was able to get my Rightstuf package today; it was all weaksauce. Two live action movies from the Shinobi series, some horror movie, a mystery set in the world of stamp collectors (can't make this up), and a monster let loose on a moving train.

I bought a Rightstuf ball cap, but it's pretty low quality. It's very shallow; it might as well be a yarmulke with a brim. And it's actually kind of tattered, straight out the package. The complete opposite of what you'd want a company endorsement to be.

Is FMA:B ever on sale? 100 dollars for that boxset is kind of...wow.
Prices have spiked because the sets from Funimation are now out of print in North America. The Funimation online store still has the sets for an affordable price. If you want them, better buy them now before they're out of stock.

Something I didn't notice until today was that Right Stuf appears to no longer require a coupon code during their studio sales.  Hopefully this means that we'll have the days of overlapping sales again.

If streaming killed the physical market, I would stop paying for and supporting streaming.  However, it is completely obvious that the anime market is healthier than ever. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-04-18/.101127

So who would stop buying anime completely if it went digital only? I know I would.
me. But, I've collected so much anime on physical media (mainly Blu-ray) in just the last 3 years that I'll never have to worry about physical media disappearing, even if it happened tomorrow - as of this moment I probably have a backlog of almost 300 un-viewed titles on my anime shelves, which I will probably never get around to finishing before I die... :D/

I download a lot of anime but I do buy a lot as well. If anime went all digital, it sure would leave me with more money, but there is no way I would pay money for stuff I could find for free. A physical release at least can be displayed and represent who you are as a fan more than some file on your computer ever could. There was an episode of Keroro where he shouted "This collection proves I existed!!" I stand by those words.

Prices have spiked because the sets from Funimation are now out of print in North America. The Funimation online store still has the sets for an affordable price. If you want them, better buy them now before they're out of stock.
Do you think I should get it through funimation then? Is there a chance Amazon would pricematch funimation's price? Is 34.99 for collection one and two a decent deal? (All these questions.)

Do you think I should get it through funimation then? Is there a chance Amazon would pricematch funimation's price? Is 34.99 for collection one and two a decent deal? (All these questions.)
Just as a reference, I bought both parts for ~$30 a piece, so at $34.99 each, it's really not that bad of a deal. Especially since they will be out of print, and even harder to get at this price in the near future I imagine. If I were you, and wanted these sets, I'd buy them immediately from Funimation.

I don't know Amazon's price match history with Funimation, but I really wouldn't count on it.

Pretty sure Amazon will not be price matching Funimation. The sets are out of print, they're not getting new stock of the item. 34.99 is a very good price for each collection.

me. But, I've collected so much anime on physical media (mainly Blu-ray) in just the last 3 years that I'll never have to worry about physical media disappearing, even if it happened tomorrow - as of this moment I probably have a backlog of almost 300 un-viewed titles on my anime shelves, which I will probably never get around to finishing before I die... :D/
And hear I thought my collection of 400+ anime, that are either watched/unwatched, was big. Reveal your secrets on anime buying lol

And hear I thought my collection of 400+ anime, that are either watched/unwatched, was big. Reveal your secrets on anime buying lol
Ha! Well, I do my buying in somewhat the opposite of the above suggestions - even though I only started collecting my first anime Blu-rays exactly 3 years ago (April 2013), I've spent over 25K in that time on anime, trying to build up my collection... But I actually don't have that large of a collection (probably not much more than you title-wise) because I'm more of an anime Collector than an anime consumer - most of those dollars were put towards investing in Japanese Import Box sets, Aniplex of America Blu-rays, even some PonyCan releases - and domestically I always go for CE/PE/LE sets - I buy very few Standard Edition Blu-ray releases, no S.A.V.E. Editions, and no DVD anime unless there's absolutely no other option. But, I'm single (divorced 8 years), middle-aged (55), and have a good-paying job with the Federal Government, so the cost is not that much of an issue for me. I have to blame this incurable disease all on my two teenage daughters, who were the ones who got me hooked on anime somewhat later in life, lol.

And, I have so many anime titles on backlog to watch because I just don't have a lot of spare time to watch anime. Also, since I have a dedicated projection theater (http://freytheater.com) in my basement, I tend to show a lot of anime that I've already seen before, to my friends and family - so unfortunately my unwatched pile just keeps building up! I've gotten my 73 year old mother hooked on anime, and practically created a monster - she comes over every weekend now to marathon 12-15 episodes of a series (we're doing Samurai Champloo at the moment)... I've even hosted multiple Studio Ghibli Movie Marathons (seen all those a dozen times) in my theater, to small crowds of friends - all who are between 50 and 75 years old - so I've actually got lots of "old people" into watching anime, lol...

At one point, I had a collection of over 600 anime dvds. My secret was I had been collecting since 2000.
Don't feel bad. I'm on the same boat. Started build up my blu-ray collection in few years now. I still have few super RARE dvd collection set. Some days it will available on blu-ray!

Ha! Well, I do my buying in somewhat the opposite of the above suggestions - even though I only started collecting my first anime Blu-rays exactly 3 years ago (April 2013), I've spent over 25K in that time on anime, trying to build up my collection... But I actually don't have that large of a collection (probably not much more than you title-wise) because I'm more of an anime Collector than an anime consumer - most of those dollars were put towards investing in Japanese Import Box sets, Aniplex of America Blu-rays, even some PonyCan releases - and domestically I always go for CE/PE/LE sets - I buy very few Standard Edition Blu-ray releases, no S.A.V.E. Editions, and no DVD anime unless there's absolutely no other option. But, I'm single (divorced 8 years), middle-aged (55), and have a good-paying job with the Federal Government, so the cost is not that much of an issue for me. I have to blame this incurable disease all on my two teenage daughters, who were the ones who got me hooked on anime somewhat later in life, lol.

And, I have so many anime titles on backlog to watch because I just don't have a lot of spare time to watch anime. Also, since I have a dedicated projection theater (http://freytheater.com) in my basement, I tend to show a lot of anime that I've already seen before, to my friends and family - so unfortunately my unwatched pile just keeps building up! I've gotten my 73 year old mother hooked on anime, and practically created a monster - she comes over every weekend now to marathon 12-15 episodes of a series (we're doing Samurai Champloo at the moment)... I've even hosted multiple Studio Ghibli Movie Marathons (seen all those a dozen times) in my theater, to small crowds of friends - all who are between 50 and 75 years old - so I've actually got lots of "old people" into watching anime, lol...
That's a pretty decked-out basement. You should post pics of your anime collection in the collection thread. I don't have a single Aniplex title, and I doubt I'll ever buy one, lol. For the price of one, I can buy 5-10 FUNi/Sentai sets.

Honestly, i like collecting blurays just because its the highest quality possible. No compression, no worries about internet speed, uncensored...Though having to go through a service like itunes or ultraviolet would be a huge turnoff too

Also, since I have a dedicated projection theater (http://freytheater.com) in my basement, I tend to show a lot of anime that I've already seen before, to my friends and family - so unfortunately my unwatched pile just keeps building up!
That's an incredible basement setup! One day I'd love to have a movie room in the basement, fashioned with a theater aesthetic. I currently have the DLP projector, 7.1 surround sound system, and movie memorabilia to fill it with, so I'm partly on the way there...

Hope you haven't pulled the trigger yet. One of Amazon's gold box deals today is for up to 61% off of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Complete Collection: I and II and Steins Gate: The Complete Series. The FMAB sets are $27.49 and Stein's Gate is $23.99.

I've been lurking for awhile now and decided to make a post since this is a really great deal. If I didn't already own these sets I'd snatch them up without hesitation.

Yeah, I uh...ordered it earlier today.

And funimations support seems like it's all automated, and that's kind of irritating. Anyhow, it looks like my card was already billed(pending transaction), but the item hasn't shipped, so hopefully they can reverse it before the item is shipped.

SolidSnake86, on 20 Apr 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

That's an incredible basement setup! One day I'd love to have a movie room in the basement, fashioned with a theater aesthetic. I currently have the DLP projector, 7.1 surround sound system, and movie memorabilia to fill it with, so I'm partly on the way there...

Thanks - sounds like you're off to a good start there too, just keep working on it! I started my theater a couple years before I moved into my "bachelor pad" eight years ago, so I've been slowly upgrading and adding to my theater setup for over 10 years. See the link at the bottom of my theater home page for my "Original Frey Theater" to see what I started out with, lol... Fortunately I'm a bit handy with woodworking, electrical circuits, and electronics, so I was able to build and install a lot of the items in the basement of this house myself - The carpeted stage, the 2nd row bar table, the media shelves, the paneled walls, the wall columns with the sconce lights,  even the keg fridge converted from an upright freezer. I recently installed actual Buttkickers in the sofa to replace those Clark transducers in the website photo - I blew out those Clarks quite a while ago - too much power!  I got the two old server/network cabinets from work for free, put my A/V equipment into one and my computer equipment in the other. I added four 20 amp circuits to the basement just for all the equipment, replaced and painted a lot of the wall panels, and laid the commercial VCT tile floor myself. So you just got to keep plodding along, upgrading a little at a time!  

Oops, sorry to go off topic here in this thread  - I thought we were in the other anime thread...

bread's done
Back