Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I love excuses to show this. VHS collection circa 1997.

AnimeCollectionCirca1997-1.jpg

Ha! Well, I do my buying in somewhat the opposite of the above suggestions - even though I only started collecting my first anime Blu-rays exactly 3 years ago (April 2013), I've spent over 25K in that time on anime, trying to build up my collection... But I actually don't have that large of a collection (probably not much more than you title-wise) because I'm more of an anime Collector than an anime consumer - most of those dollars were put towards investing in Japanese Import Box sets, Aniplex of America Blu-rays, even some PonyCan releases - and domestically I always go for CE/PE/LE sets - I buy very few Standard Edition Blu-ray releases, no S.A.V.E. Editions, and no DVD anime unless there's absolutely no other option. But, I'm single (divorced 8 years), middle-aged (55), and have a good-paying job with the Federal Government, so the cost is not that much of an issue for me. I have to blame this incurable disease all on my two teenage daughters, who were the ones who got me hooked on anime somewhat later in life, lol.

And, I have so many anime titles on backlog to watch because I just don't have a lot of spare time to watch anime. Also, since I have a dedicated projection theater (http://freytheater.com) in my basement, I tend to show a lot of anime that I've already seen before, to my friends and family - so unfortunately my unwatched pile just keeps building up! I've gotten my 73 year old mother hooked on anime, and practically created a monster - she comes over every weekend now to marathon 12-15 episodes of a series (we're doing Samurai Champloo at the moment)... I've even hosted multiple Studio Ghibli Movie Marathons (seen all those a dozen times) in my theater, to small crowds of friends - all who are between 50 and 75 years old - so I've actually got lots of "old people" into watching anime, lol...
Looks at website...I'm so angry jealous right now. Like speechless even. I was only "given" a small bedroom to turn into a home theater. It currently uses a 55" Panasonic "Kuro Killer", 7.1 surround sound with a mix of Klipsh and Energy speakers and HSU VTK-MK4. All of which is already overkill for a 10x10 room. Most of my memorabilia is anime figures.

Hope you haven't pulled the trigger yet. One of Amazon's gold box deals today is for up to 61% off of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Complete Collection: I and II and Steins Gate: The Complete Series. The FMAB sets are $27.49 and Stein's Gate is $23.99.

I've been lurking for awhile now and decided to make a post since this is a really great deal. If I didn't already own these sets I'd snatch them up without hesitation.
Honestly didn't expect this. If anyone still hasn't pulled the trigger on buying Brotherhood, now is your chance. Funimation no longer manufactures the Brotherhood sets.

Lol, that's the reason why I keep a baseball bat handy by the front door...  gotta chase all those potential suitors away!  :mrgreen:

Hmmm, wow, that sad panda looks more like a child molester in a panda suit... I better drop the baseball bat and go get the H&K instead...  :)

I got my tracking numbers and charged for my orders about 2 or 3 months after I got the items >.>
Yeah, it's really weird. Funimation's tracking says it's been shipped, but they told me to use the tracking number on a different website...but when I use that website, the status says notfound, and my card hasn't been charged at all. I saw the charge the other day...then it disappeared.

Yeah, it's really weird. Funimation's tracking says it's been shipped, but they told me to use the tracking number on a different website...but when I use that website, the status says notfound, and my card hasn't been charged at all. I saw the charge the other day...then it disappeared.
It took the tracking a day or so to show up on that other site for me recently after Funimation told me it shipped. My charge disappeared for a day too, but showed up afterwards.

Funimation is #1 worst response email or no phone customer service at all.  Also, Funi is  #1 slowest shipping.  Your order show up whenever it show up.   If your order messed up or damaged good luck to contact them. 

GoHastings is having a B2G1 for $1 sale on all Used Movies under $30 with the code MOMMOVIES. Not quite as good as the recent 5 for $20 sale, obviously, but I was able to get Naruto Shippuden Set 26, Terror in Resonance, and Momokyon Sword for $55, which is decent.

It seems it took roughly like...60 hours for my shipping track information to show up. No idea when it will arrive, but it at least says it departed from IL.

I'll never buy direct from Funi again. I did two black Fridays ago when they had an amazing sale, and more than half of the items had damaged slip cases. Getting replacements was a giant hassle, and I even ended up having to do a charge back for some items after no response to emails. I'm too particular about condition to put up with that bullshit.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

Yu Yu Hashuko Seasons 1-4 for $16.99 are the deal of the week at the Funimation store. Been waiting for this sale and I picked up the set.

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopMain.html
I have them all on DVD and since I do, I always have trouble talking myself into double dipping and getting the blu rays. If I ever was going to do it, it would be this week, as those are the lowest prices I've seen for the seasons.

Anyone have any experience with the bluray vs DVD comparison of Yu Yu Hakusho? I absolutely love this series and usually re-watch it once a year, so I'm really curious. Is it worth the $68 + tax?

Edit: I guess I can always sell the DVDs to help offset the cost.

I have them all on DVD and since I do, I always have trouble talking myself into double dipping and getting the blu rays. If I ever was going to do it, it would be this week, as those are the lowest prices I've seen for the seasons.

Anyone have any experience with the bluray vs DVD comparison of Yu Yu Hakusho? I absolutely love this series and usually re-watch it once a year, so I'm really curious. Is it worth the $68 + tax?

Might as well buy em and then sell the dvd lot on ebay for like $20 or w/e. That's what I always do. Especially when you love the series.

Gotta phase out all the DVDs and replace them with BDs.

I've watched both. The Blu Ray has some better colors and of course everything looks a heck of lot sharper. Funi did a promo video with a small comparison back in 2011. I think it's worth it. It's from the remaster in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfbCzQ5fq9A

I'd like that as well.

I'm also waiting on a Gundam Unicorn collection.  The blu-rays are quite expensive.  I still haven't finished watching that series.

I'd like that as well.

I'm also waiting on a Gundam Unicorn collection. The blu-rays are quite expensive. I still haven't finished watching that series.
Well, the TV version is currently airing for free (both sub and dub) on Daisuki, if wanna keep up with that.

I'm happy with the DVD ver of Yu Yu Hakusho. Nice price on the BR if you don't have this series already (cheaper than I paid for the DVD sets way back when).

Yu Yu Hakusho is old enough where it was on film, so it greatly benefited from the remastering process. Those blu-rays are awesome.

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk.

I would prefer a single "big box" release of Yu Yu Hakusho. I really need to start saving space, otherwise I'll need to buy a house just for my movies lol.

I would prefer a single "big box" release of Yu Yu Hakusho. I really need to start saving space, otherwise I'll need to buy a house just for my movies lol.
you know if you were creative you could make shelves for the ceiling, you would just need a piece of wood to go across the ceiling the width of a movie on the side plus a little, and then a glass/plastic screen to hang off the bottom, and then little markers near the ceiling to hold stuff in place so you could put the dvds in so the spines are facing down visible through the glass.

sadly these don't seem to exist so I can't get you a picture of what I am thinking of lol.

bread's done
Back