Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting Noir for a long time, so that alone makes it worth it (assuming it actually ships).

Now I just need to get Madlax to complete the Girls With Guns trio (Noir, Madlax, El Cazador de la Bruja).

Sailor Moon Crystal Set 1 is being released August 16th. It has the regular and Limited Edition with a bunch of stuff.

Gundam Build Fighters Season 1 is being released August 2nd. Contrary to the initial release, it will have a dub, but it will be the crappy Animax dub instead of an Ocean Group dub.

Also, got my latest RightStuf package in with After War Gundam X, Gundam Evolve, and that $10 Blind Box sale item from a while back. I got...Scott Pilgrim Volume 4 Color Edition Hardcover. Sweet!

Sailor Moon Crystal set 1 is up at RS with GWP. The GWP is a sun catcher and not a coin this time. :(

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-Moon-Crystal-Set-1-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-GWP

Please excuse the large pic.

782009243960gwp_anime-sailor-moon-crystal-1-limited-edition-gwp-primary.jpg

Sun catcher

782009243960gwp_anime-sailor-moon-crystal-1-limited-edition-gwp-altE.png

Sailor Moon Crystal set 1 is up at RS with GWP. The GWP is a sun catcher and not a coin this time. :(

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sailor-Moon-Crystal-Set-1-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-DVD-GWP

Please excuse the large pic.

782009243960gwp_anime-sailor-moon-crystal-1-limited-edition-gwp-primary.jpg

Sun catcher

782009243960gwp_anime-sailor-moon-crystal-1-limited-edition-gwp-altE.png
The collector's edition looks so nice...but I'm really disappointed Set 1 only contains the first 14 episodes. I hoped the first set would have the first 26 (the original anime's divided in 23 episode sets, so it wouldn't have been a stretch). And the standard edition is listed at $54.49 - such a ripoff

So just a heads up, Samurai Warriors has been delayed until further notice. If you have it pre-ordered they should email you asking if you want to keep it or not. 

I was browsing GoHastings and I came across these Fullmetal Alchemist Blu Rays. I went ahead and picked up all 3 of them since I did not have them. I figured this was a good deal. Sorry if it has been posted before.

:br: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos- Used $3.99 (Coupon USED40 works)

:br: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 1-Used $2.99 (Coupon USED40 works)

:br: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 2-Used $2.99 (Coupon does not work)
The entire Brotherhood series for under ten bucks; hell yeah that's a deal.

INB4 FMA Wars Part II

Oh; I thought they were the whole sets.

Well I got all five parts of my collection. Years ago when Walmart had Part 1+2 for $20, and I got the rest from Hastings.

Judging from those listings they appear to be previously viewed rental editions as well.  you know generic box, with printed art, dvd sized.

I just learned this lesson the hard way.  The used listings are either 'used' or else 'previously viewed'.  The latter are rental editions :/

I got my Black Cat from the Hastings deal today. I assumed it would be one of those cheap S.A.V.E versions or in bad shape or something. But it's the full foldout case with the box, with all the inserts and in great shape. Really a steal considering I got it with five other shows for

Does anyone have an opinion on Soul Eater Not!?  The complete series is on sale at Funimation for $24.99 ($27.99 for the limited edition).

I was a fan of the original series but I have not heard much about the spin-off.

Does anyone have an opinion on Soul Eater Not!? The complete series is on sale at Funimation for $24.99 ($27.99 for the limited edition).

I was a fan of the original series but I have not heard much about the spin-off.
I've only heard negative things

Does anyone have an opinion on Soul Eater Not!? The complete series is on sale at Funimation for $24.99 ($27.99 for the limited edition).

I liked it, it was a complete blind buy for me and it was worth it. And it has a nice op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_kBPQYt74

If you wish soul eater was more like k-on then you could do worse.

if you want more soul eater though it's best to forget it exists as it's a pretty generic moeblob slice of life piece of trash.

but I tend to not like generic moeblob slice of life trash in general :p

but yeah it's basically like soul eater like either dragon ball evolution was like DBZ or Avatar the last airbender live action movie was like the TV series :p

Does anyone have a link explaining the relationship of Robotech and Macross? I watched one Macross movie in the 90s and enjoyed it but never dug any further. 

Yeah. That's most likely the case. I just saw the word Robotech and got all excited.

Robotech=good
Macross=bad
That's all you really need to know lol

Robotech is the put together version of like 3 different shows to make a single show, which I admit sounds terrible, but it actually works.

I'm sure others will chime in with the specifics or why I'm wrong too.

Yeah. That's most likely the case. I just saw the word Robotech and got all excited.

Robotech=good
Macross=bad
That's all you really need to know lol

Robotech is the put together version of like 3 different shows to make a single show, which I admit sounds terrible, but it actually works.

I'm sure others will chime in with the specifics or why I'm wrong too.
I happen to like Macross Plus, thank you very much.

ANN article about it.

Crackle to Stream Robotech TV Series, Film

Series debuts on Sony's streaming service on May 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8iThAVYoQ4

Sony's video streaming service Crackle announced on Wednesday that it has acquired streaming rights to Harmony Gold's Robotech television series and the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles feature film. Crackle will post all 85 episodes of the series and the film on May 15.

Crackle streamed an introduction video for the television series:

Crackle announced last month that it has launched seven new "multiplex channels," including one specifically for anime. The channels play like linear television when selected, but episodes are also available on demand.

The anime currently available on Crackle include: Wolverine, X-Men, Iron Man, Gurren Lagann, Magi, Fate/Zero, Occult Academy, R.O.D -The TV-, Blue Exorcist, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Blood+, Kurozuka, Viper's Creed, Steamboy, Tekkonkinkreet, Ultraviolet: Code 044, Valkyria Chronicles, and Tokyo Godfathers.

Robotech was Harmony Gold's edited and rewritten 1985 adaptation of three separate anime science-fiction series: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, The Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, and Genesis Climber Mospeada. The 2006 Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles film was a US-produced sequel to the television series. Content Media is the current worldwide distributor for both the series and the film.

The Hollywood Reporter reported last June that James Wan had signed on to direct Sony's planned live-action Robotech film.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-11/crackle-to-stream-robotech-tv-series-film/.102000

I like a lot of the Macross shows (except the current one because one of the main characters has a heart-shaped boner, no joke). They are a different type of show than what you usually see, but are generally fun and interesting. I liked Macross Frontier the most personally. 

I like Macross way more than Robotech.

Lin Minmay was a total bitch at the 2nd half though. lol.

I like a lot of the Macross shows (except the current one because one of the main characters has a heart-shaped boner, no joke). They are a different type of show than what you usually see, but are generally fun and interesting. I liked Macross Frontier the most personally.
Sheryl was indeed better than Ranka.
ani-macross-sherylslap.gif

There is currently some type of sale going on at GoHastings. If you have any pre-ordered stuff i with rightstuff i  would check to see if it is cheaper at Hastings. I just canceled a $200+ order and saved $60+ (with free shipping for pre-orders --- Code: EARLYBIRD). Limited and standard editions are covered. 

There is currently some type of sale going on at GoHastings. If you have any pre-ordered stuff i with rightstuff i would check to see if it is cheaper at Hastings. I just canceled a $200+ order and saved $60+ (with free shipping for pre-orders --- Code: EARLYBIRD). Limited and standard editions are covered.
I really wish Girl who leapt through time, and Boy and the beast were on there, I would like to see what I could get them for on there

bread's done
Back