Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Funimation's August 2016 Line-up

Credit to NormanicGrav. Preorders are up at Funi and RS.

Absolute Duo - Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Release Date: 2nd August 2016
Retail Price: $64.98
Region: A|B|1|2|4
Extras: Episode 10 Commentary, Episode 12 Commentary, Textless Songs, Promotional Videos, Commercials, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Assassination Classroom - Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Release Date: 16th August 2016
Extras: Episode 14 Commentary, Episode 17 Commentary, Top 10 Moments, Textless Songs, Previews for episodes 12-22, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Barakamon - Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Release Date: 9th August 2016
Region: A|B|1|4
Extras: Textless Songs, TV Spot Collection, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Complete Series: Limited and Standard Editions (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Release Date: 16th August 2016
Retail Price: $64.98 (Standard) & $84.98 (Limited)
Region: A|1
Extras: Episode 10.5 - Even These Are the Worst and the Best Days Ever, Funimation Short: with Aaron Dismuke and Ian Sinclair, Funimation Short: with Micah Solusod and Mike McFarland, Textless Songs, Promotional Videos & TV Spots, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Doamaygar-D - Complete Series (DVD) - Subtitle Only
Release Date: 30th August 2016
Retail Price: $14.98
Region: 1
Extras: None

Eureka Seven - Complete Series (Blu-ray) (DVD)
Release Date: 30th August 2016
Retail Price: $69.98 (Blu-ray) & $64.98 (DVD)
Extras: Actor Commentaries, Voice Actor Interviews, Episode 50 (Special Textless Version), Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Garo the Animation - Season 1 Part 2 (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Extras: Episode Commentraries, Special Episode: -DAYBREAK-, Special Episode: -DAYBREAK- Preview, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Gunslinger Girl - Complete Series (Seasons 1 & Il Teatrino/OVAs): Anime Classics (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Retail Price: $49.98
Region: A|B|1
Extras:

HAL - Re-release version without that special covers (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Release Date: 23rd August 2016
Retail Price: $9.98
Extras: Actor Commentary, Making Of: Production Process, Making Of: Animatics & Scratch Tracks, Original Trailer, Textless Closing Song, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

The Heroic Legend of Arslan - Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Extras: Episode 2 Commentary, Episode 13 Commentary, Promotional Video, Commercial Collection #1 ,Commercial Collection #2, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians - Complete Series (Season 3): S.A.V.E. Edition (DVD)
Retail Price: $29.98
Region: 1|2|4
Extras: Battle Tour Club Sexy Cosplays, Dangerous Jobs Episodes 1-6, Great Guardians Radio Event at Tokyo Anime Fair 2008, Commercial Collection, Promotional Video, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor - Complete Series (Season 4/OVA): S.A.V.E. Edition (DVD)
Retail Price: $29.98
Region: 1|2|4
Extras: Actor Commentaries, Six Dreamy Views, Episodes 1-6, Promotional Videos, OVA Commentary, Japanese Commercial, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Jormungand - Complete Series (Seasons 1 & Perfect Order) (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Retail Price: $69.98
Extras: Casting Koko's Crew with American Director Christopher Bevins, Episode Commentaries, Textless Songs, Trailers, Team Koko - A Look Inside with the American Director and Cast, Episode Commentaries (15 & 24), Textless Songs, Trailers

Laughing Under the Clouds - Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Extras: Episode 1 Commentary, Episode 10 Commentary, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

The Rolling Girls - Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Extras: Episode 8 Commentary (Monica Rial, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Jad Saxton), Episode 12 Commentary (Clifford Chapin, Felicia Angelle, Leah Clark), Textless Songs, Previews for Episodes 2-12, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Samurai 7 - Complete Series: Anime Classics (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Retail Price: $49.98
Extras: Staff Commentary, Director/Actor Commentary, Promotional Video, Image Galleries, Character Profiles, Textless Songs, Trailers

World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman - Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack)
Extras: Textless Songs, TV Spot Collection, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

I haven't been paying much attention for a couple months, but is it just me or are Funimation release prices on the rise?

I haven't been paying much attention for a couple months, but is it just me or are Funimation release prices on the rise?
They have been priced this way sadly since June of 2015.

So Eureka Seven can get separate Blu-ray and DVD releases, but not Black Lagoon...
What do you mean? Black Lagoon was released in 2012 as Complete Collection that had Seasons 1 and 2. Why would they re release it again as singles when they just did a Premium Edition?

Because most of their complete series releases recently have  been entirely done as combo packs, and I utterly refuse to buy those bloated pieces of crap. I should have to make my own coverart just to get a decent size case to hold the series in. Same thing with stuff like Shana Season 1 and Spice & Wolf. At least with their old sets like Samurai 7 and Full Metal Panic I could easily switch the cases out to ones that hold more discs.

EDIT: In better news, Iron-Blooded Orphans is indeed coming to Toonami later this year.

Hey, amazon has the Blu-ray/DVD Limited Edition sets for Sailor Moon Seasons 1 and 2 (first parts) for $35.44 each - I remember that the standard versions were on sale around November last year, but may be a good deal for those looking at the collector sets:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00M0ETRHG/ref=sr_1_3_twi_blu_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1463316786&sr=8-3&keywords=sailor+moon+blu+ray

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00VW70MGW/ref=sr_1_2_twi_blu_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1463316786&sr=8-2&keywords=sailor+moon+blu+ray

I asked about this before, and didn't get a response, but what's the consensus on Phoenix Hinotori?  I've been curious, and never bought it, but it's tempting at $15

Picked up Sakurasou (already watched) and Canaan (blind buy).

If you don't have them already, I easily recommend Fate/sn, Fate/kaleid, and Girls und Panzer at $5 ea. K-On movie is also worth a pickup if you liked the series (continues from the end of season 2).

I'm a big fan of the Phoenix manga. I remember picking it up in high school because I bought an 'animerica' magazine when I was even younger that had a big spread about it. In fact it's been the biggest regret in my sizable manga collection that I'm missing volume ten because now people want like $160 for just that book. I can't in good consciousness pay that much for it. Can't speak to the anime though.

Because most of their complete series releases recently have been entirely done as combo packs, and I utterly refuse to buy those bloated pieces of crap. I should have to make my own coverart just to get a decent size case to hold the series in. Same thing with stuff like Shana Season 1 and Spice & Wolf. At least with their old sets like Samurai 7 and Full Metal Panic I could easily switch the cases out to ones that hold more discs.

EDIT: In better news, Iron-Blooded Orphans is indeed coming to Toonami later this year.
I don't follow. These complete series offer an order of magnitude more value. I almost always wait for the single complete collection versus having to buy a number of individual collections or seasons / parts at the same price or more each. Plus, I hate having all the extra boxes. I'd even prefer to buy all digital only, but the Blu-ray complete sets are often cheaper, more so when Amazon, Funimation, or Rightstuf has a sale.

It's purely because of the packaging. I loathe those bloated cases with a passion, especially since I sell the DVDs, so half the case is useless to me. I tend to combine cases, so those extra boxes come in handy. I absolutely love that Sentai had been using those slimline 4-disc cases for their releases for a few years. 

​Plus, those bloated ass combo packs break if you so much as look at them funny. I've had to replace almost every single bloated combo pack because the spine is damaged beyond repair in some way. Buying 8-10 disc empty cases, even in bulk, adds up. fuck that noise.

I just throw the discs in a Case Logic and throw the cases in storage so they are out of the way and for selling to some anal collector later. I've never ever had a combo pack or case break or crack, but I only ever touch or look at the twice: once when I receive it and when I take it out and sell it, if ever. 

I don't follow. These complete series offer an order of magnitude more value. I almost always wait for the single complete collection versus having to buy a number of individual collections or seasons / parts at the same price or more each. Plus, I hate having all the extra boxes. I'd even prefer to buy all digital only, but the Blu-ray complete sets are often cheaper, more so when Amazon, Funimation, or Rightstuf has a sale.
I love combo packs. I have a neighbor next door that doesn't have a BD player but I was able to get her into anime because of fact that some of my shows have the DVD.

Be careful when ordering from the Funi sale at Right Stuf.  It says that you can save off of "select" Funimation DVDs and Blu Rays.  That selection does not include things like Fairy Tail parts 17-20. >_>

They're marking more and more stuff "not eligible for promotions" ever since they went back to not using coupons for studio sales.

Edit:  On second glance, it looks like those are two separate things.  I guess things are just marked down different amounts instead of a 10% drop across the board.

Does right stuff charge the moment you pre-order or do they wait when it ships? Not some bad deals there.

About time.... I was starting to think rightstuf had lost my business lol

*** oh and a side note, they are sticking to not adjusting previous orders. You will have to cancel them and re-order. Not a big deal though since i saved $79.41 :D/

Does right stuff charge the moment you pre-order or do they wait when it ships? Not some bad deals there.
If you use the credit card option then it will charge when shipped. If you use the paypal option then it is charged when you place the order.

I knew something was telling me to not do paypal, but whatever, I pre-ordered and got a $10 blind box for free shipping, hope I get something interesting

Ranma 1/2 Special Edition (Season 2/3/4//6) under $24 shipped from amazon or walmart.com  Seem like they are clear out LE version for Regular version.  Get it while you can before OOP LE version ;)

I pulled the trigger on all 7 sets for about $25 a piece. So going to be worth it for the nostalgia trip (plus OOP to add with mah Full Metal Alchemist). I had an option to purchase Set 5 through Walmart for $25 but I'm going to see if I can get that matched at Amazon (though unlikely); Should be arriving on Tuesday.

bread's done
Back