Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The end didn't catch my attention as the previous arcs did and it was sorta iffy but still enjoyable. Dat last episode though. 

Dragon Ball is my #2.

Well, the last arc didn't help that Togashi was sick of the series and just wanted to end it. It's still better than the manga ending.

Out of curiosity what the legal situation on torrenting macross since it cant be purchased here in the states. On top of that all the Japanese imports i have seen are Japanese only audio and subtitles not to mention $400.
Should be fine since no one has the license to distribute in the US.

How did the manga end? The show ending seemed like the natural progression of the story.
A couple of one-shots showing the post-merger world, though I believe the Yusuke/Keiko reunion was anime-only.

It's actually kinda fitting. The manga started with a bunch of one-shots the anime ignored and it ended the same way.

If I had a Hulu subscription, I'd probably cancel.

EDIT: After looking at exactly which titles are getting pulled, I own most of them on DVD anyways, so it's not much of a loss.

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/734947284123811841?s=09

EDIT: After looking at exactly which titles are getting pulled, I own most of them on DVD anyways, so it's not much of a loss.

looking at the list... nothing of real interest was lost.

not that I use hulu anyways, I actively avoid using them due to the fact that if you cancel your auto renew on your free trail they cancel your sub in general.

I got a one or two month free trial from neon alley when they moved to hulu that let me watch stuff on hulu for about two hours :p

Just curious, what are they losing? Is there a site that tracks content expiring from streaming sites?

Possible Amazon Price Match
It isn't a possible PM, AMZ always PM someone. Very seldom do they ever not PM and then try to pass it off as their own deal.

I was happy when I saw it at noon yesterday. Ordered it ASAP and should be here the 8th.

Side note. Anyone else notice that the whole "Exclusive for Prime Members" fuck disease at Amazon has spread from the games to infect anime? Just noticed the Ranma LE Sets 2,3, & 6 have the mark. Are they trying commit retailer seppuku? Because this crap really makes me want to fork out for a overpriced prime membership as opposed to just the much less complicated thing of you know Shopping Elsewhere. :???:

^^^

It has been like that for a long time now on movies. There is a whole thread about the stupid practice. Prime isn't worth it imo. Their streaming service is crap and they have no shows, well at least stuff that I would want to watch. Their packaging is utter trash, not that BB or Target or heck any of them are any better. I get stuff in bubble mailers all the time and those are terrible for slipboxes and slipcovers in general. Not only that but their "2 Day shipping" is bogus as well. I am constantly getting stuff that is supposed to get to me in 2 days come 2 or 3 days late because they want to use UPS MI. So yeah not worth $99 a year. Although you can do monthly for $10ish I think or those those that want to stream you can even do that for $8.

I'll just stick with RS and BB for my anime. At least with BB I get reward points and RS I get much better packaging.

Give it a few months, Nozomi will eventually announce a new boxset.

Also, GoHastings is having a Memorial Day sale on used Movies B1G1 for $1 (under $30).

There is also a Buy 1 Get 2 for $1 on all Used books, including manga, but the pickings are slim.

I really hate ordering anime from BB due to their horrid packaging, but the last volume of Ranma is so cheap I had to. I couldn't find enough crap I wanted to get free shipping from Amazon since I loaded up on a few things to get Ranma 6 a few weeks back. Anyhow, has anyone got their anime from BB in decent shape? I ordered Ranma 3 last Black Friday from them along with other movies and it came so damaged that I had to return it. BB couldn't send me a replacement for whatever reason (although they could mail me a replacement for The Office box set which also came looking like shit -- the replacement actually having an air packet in the box). I wound up paying $6 more for it from RS, of course, coming in excellent condition. Pretty paranoid as always. Amazon is no better with their bubble mailers.

Is it that good?
If you're referring to Moribito, yes, it's very good. Story you'll stay interested in to the end (26 episodes with a proper ending), lots of action, strong female lead, silky smooth animation (Production IG), and it's directed by the same guy who did Ghost in the Shell SAC. Even if it's a blind buy, Moribito is well worth $10.

Picked up Moribito and the one set of Nura that was on sale (wtf, discount one but not the others? go BB...). Picked up the other sets at Amazon since they seemed to be on sale too. Overall cost wasn't bad for 48 episodes.

Picked up Moribito and the one set of Nura that was on sale (wtf, discount one but not the others? go BB...). Picked up the other sets at Amazon since they seemed to be on sale too. Overall cost wasn't bad for 48 episodes.
It's one thing when not all of the series has been released, but it's another when everything has been released, but they only put parts of it on sale, just to make people want to complete the set, and pay more for the other parts which aren't on sale at the time, but who are they really kidding with that tactic? Not even like the other sets just came out, and are new, so the value is still relatively good.

Jerks. :*(

Give it a few months, Nozomi will eventually announce a new boxset.

Also, GoHastings is having a Memorial Day sale on used Movies B1G1 for $1 (under $30).

There is also a Buy 1 Get 2 for $1 on all Used books, including manga, but the pickings are slim.
this actually didn't go badly for me.

got a couple light novels.

anime wise I continued filling out my bleach and naruto collections as if you match prices well enough this comes out to 42-46% off depending on initial price which is better than most gohastings sales.

not as good as the 5 for $20 obviously but I doubt that one will be back any time soon.

this actually didn't go badly for me.

got a couple light novels.

anime wise I continued filling out my bleach and naruto collections as if you match prices well enough this comes out to 42-46% off depending on initial price which is better than most gohastings sales.

not as good as the 5 for $20 obviously but I doubt that one will be back any time soon.
Filling out Bleach? What are you going to do now that blu-ray are coming out? Skip?

I really hate ordering anime from BB due to their horrid packaging, but the last volume of Ranma is so cheap I had to. I couldn't find enough crap I wanted to get free shipping from Amazon since I loaded up on a few things to get Ranma 6 a few weeks back. Anyhow, has anyone got their anime from BB in decent shape? I ordered Ranma 3 last Black Friday from them along with other movies and it came so damaged that I had to return it. BB couldn't send me a replacement for whatever reason (although they could mail me a replacement for The Office box set which also came looking like shit -- the replacement actually having an air packet in the box). I wound up paying $6 more for it from RS, of course, coming in excellent condition. Pretty paranoid as always. Amazon is no better with their bubble mailers.
I ordered Ranma Set 1-3 during that sale from BestBuy. They came in a cardboard box with plastic air cushions (still slid around in the box) but it wasn't dented.

RightStuf has awesome packing (at least everytime I used them). Never had a problem so far from them. I usually get over $49 for free shipping and still everything is shipped carefully.

Amazingly Gamestop is another one that I have had flawless Limited Edition boxes (but I guess because you end up paying for the condition with shipping)

Amazon used to have great packing back during the $25+ free shipping time. After prime showed up, it is hit or miss with goods.

I mainly get problems from BestBuy when they use the bubble mailers. Half my games come rattled or with mangled cases.

Usually if I order a lot (3+ items) then I get stuff in boxes and the damage percentage decreases greatly. Sometimes one or two items don't make it into the box and get shipped separately in bubble mailers which have to fend for themselves during shipping.

So, wait, Funi just announced a FMA premium collection but it expires in july?  n/m ignore that

The FMA Brotherhood license was discussed awhile back, so no surprised this came along months later too.

Filling out Bleach? What are you going to do now that blu-ray are coming out? Skip?
yup. I skip a lot of blu ray stuff because the difference isn't much to me.

don't get me wrong if they are the same price I will get the blu ray, but I rarely spend much more for the blu ray.

Heck I am a true monster and I even have a few series that are half blu ray half dvd :p

don't get me wrong if they are the same price I will get the blu ray, but I rarely spend much more for the blu ray.

Heck I am a true monster and I even have a few series that are half blu ray half dvd :p
giphy.gif

what it was far cheaper to buy disks 5 and 6 on blu ray for kurokami than it was to buy part 4 on dvd.

X9cUV6V.png

Ok96KbD.png

though it does seem like kurokami 5 and 6 went up in price a bit.

H37qXPw.png

wILIahH.png

and mine are still new sealed hmmm :p

my nura rise of the demon clan is also going to be part dvd part blu ray.

I think my korra seasons are.

adventure time is.

chuck tv series is (though that was mostly because the run of season 2's special features was screwed up on dvd so I went out and grabbed the blu ray as well for proper working specials)

I'm sure there are others. it's not a big deal as long as the episodes line up, unlike kurokami where the blu rays had less episodes than the dvds lol.

speaking of which that order I posted is from jan 2013... there is actually a 2.18 refund on it because they send me the blu ray for 3 instead of the dvd, which resulted in me having to buy disk 3 again because the episodes don't line up and thus I randomly have disk 3 as well.

I like how some Naruto titles are on sale, and others are $25. There's no description for Death Note and the difference between the two versions. I hate that bestbuy has no description for the titles. I can't tell the difference between the Inuyasha titles.

The difference in quality is honestly not that huge unless it's an older show that was shot on film or a movie with high-quality animation. A show like Bleach isn't going to really look all the amazing blu-ray,due to the show itself not being HD and it already not being a good looking show.

Hastings as a B2G1 for $1 sale on Used Movies $29.99 and under with the code DOLLARBILL
yeah... not a very good code at all.

first off... it was B1G1 $1 just yesterday.

second, even if you manage to max the value with 3 29.99 items. it comes out to 60.98 out of 89.97 which is only a little over 32% off. if you go with cheaper items it drops down a bit more. really it would just be best to wait for a 40% off coupon, better discount and don't have to play match maker.

bread's done
Back