Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
aside from the other posted free anime the following is also free on the microsoft digital store

SVrZas8.jpg

Yup - I keep my Avatar, Korra and RWBY right in with the rest of my anime on my media shelf... It's only not anime to dumb-assed Westerners, lol... 

I remember when I got mad in middle school that Teen Titans was anime-inspired but then I grew up.

Fun fact: Animation (cartoons) in Japan is simply called anime. Which means King of the Hill or any cartoon show for that matter is anime.

Fun fact: Animation (cartoons) in Japan is simply called anime. Which means King of the Hill or any cartoon show for that matter is anime.
I think it has to deal with being made in Japan and if that's the criteria then the season that the animation went to crap and studio pierrot did the animation could be considered anime the rest of the series was animated in south Korea by studio Mir not the us for if that means anything to anyone

Holy shit. I found a copy of Twelve Kingdoms part 3 bluray at bookoff. I think it was mislabeled because it was only $15, while part 2 which is available just about anywhere was marked as $45. Part 3 is so rare I can't even find ebay listings for it.

Holy shit. I found a copy of Twelve Kingdoms part 3 bluray at bookoff. I think it was mislabeled because it was only $15, while part 2 which is available just about anywhere was marked as $45. Part 3 is so rare I can't even find ebay listings for it.
Awesome - Congrats! Twelve Kingdoms is one of my all-time favorite anime series! Here's what I did with my Blu-ray set...

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/12kingdoms/12kingpaul800b.jpg

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/12kingdoms/12kingpaul800a.jpg

Went back a couple pages and I guess nobody has posted this but Barnes & Noble is having a Buy 2 Get 3rd free on Manga. The sale stacks with the 20% off code BNTROPICAL when you buy $60 or more. 

I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of this sale to collect the entire mainline Evangelion series as well as what Viz has managed to release of Monster Perfect Edition.

Went back a couple pages and I guess nobody has posted this but Barnes & Noble is having a Buy 2 Get 3rd free on Manga. The sale stacks with the 20% off code BNTROPICAL when you buy $60 or more.

I'm probably gonna be taking advantage of this sale to collect the entire mainline Evangelion series as well as what Viz has managed to release of Monster Perfect Edition.
I got the entire naruto series (three big box sets) for 250 w/ tax. Thanks!

Holy shit... dude thank you for this!

Just picked up the entire hardcover Gundam the Origin collection (volumes 1-12) for $175 w/tax.

4 of the volumes free + 20% off the order, too good to pass up. Would normally cost $300+ on ebay or B&N.

The extra 20% and the fact that it works on all box sets/individual volumes ive checked out are what make it a solid deal

ugh. My birthday is coming up and i'm trying to figure out what to get. but i'm not sure if i should hold off from ordering until the amazon prime day sale, just on the off chance anime will be on sale. i remember last year all they sold was random stuff nobody really wanted. it was more like a warehouse clearing than anything.

I wish amazon would give some clue as to what they will put on sale on prime day

Does anyone know how long the BNTROPICAL code will be active? I know the buy 2 get the 3rd free sale is good until the 19th, but I couldn't find any info on B&N.com as to when the 20% off $60 is over.

Also, to anyone who orders from B&N.com frequently, do you know if they use in-store stock to fulfill online orders?

Does anyone know how long the BNTROPICAL code will be active? I know the buy 2 get the 3rd free sale is good until the 19th, but I couldn't find any info on B&N.com as to when the 20% off $60 is over.

Also, to anyone who orders from B&N.com frequently, do you know if they use in-store stock to fulfill online orders?
I found the coupon here and mine, at least, has an expiration date of 7/13

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promos/bn-promo.jsp?cid=5800001

I bought...
Adventure Time: The Complete Fourth Season[/size]
Adventure Time: The Complete Fifth Season[/size]
Momo: The Girl God of Death - Complete Collection[/size]
Michiko & Hatchin: The Complete Series[/size]
Batman Beyond: Season One[/size]
Batman Beyond: Season 3[/size]
Wolf Children[/size]
Patema Inverted[/size]
Adventure Time: The Complete Third Season[/size]
Binbo-Gami Ga! Good Luck Girl: The Complete Series - S.A.V.E.[/size]
Baka & Test: Season One[/size]
The World God Only Knows: OVA Collection[/size]
D. Gray-Man: Season One[/size]
Linebarrels of Iron: The Complete Series & 2 OVAs[/size]
Negima: Season 2[/size]
Baka & Test: Season 2/OVA[/size]
D. Gray-Man: The Complete Second Season[/size]
Dresden Files: The Complete First Season[/size]
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: The Complete Series - S.A.V.E.[/size]
Nabari no Ou: The Complete Series[/size]
Babylon 5: The Complete First Season[/size]
El-Hazard: The Wanderers - The Complete Series[/size]
Hetalia: World Series - The Complete Series[/size]
Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season 1[/size]
Yakitate!! Japan: Part 2[/size]
.Hack//Legend of the Twilight: The Complete Series[/size]
Tenchi Universe[/size]
.Hack//Roots: The Complete Series[/size]
Tenchi in Tokyo[/size]
Burst Angel: The Complete Series and OVA[/size]
Sailor Moon R: Season 2, Part 1[/size]
Sailor Moon R: Season 2 - Part 2[/size]
Psycho-Pass: The Movie[/size]
The Boy and the Beast[/size]
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan - Demon Capital, Set 1[/size]
One Piece: Collection 13[/size]
One Piece: Collection 14[/size]
One Piece: Collection 15[/size]
Naruto: Shippuden - Box Set 23[/size]
Bleach Uncut Box Set, Vol. 24[/size]
Naruto: Shippuden - Box Set 27[/size]
Naruto: Shippuden - Box Set 22[/size]

for myself and[/size]

Psych: Complete Seventh Season
Haven: Season 5 - Volume 1
Haven: The Final Season
Kyle XY: The Complete First Season
Grimm: Season One
Grimm: Season Two
Grimm: Season Three
Grimm: Season Four

for a friend.

i'm tired of digging and $400 or so shipped seems like enough spent :p

I already have most of what I would want, so I only got a little bit of stuff. Naruto Set 27, One Piece Collections 11-16, and then two random anime I forgot the name of already.

That's a huge list Zulu lol. My anime wish list on Amazon isn't nearly that big. Nabari no Ou is utter garbage, so I hope you've seen it before and liked it. If not....prepare to weep at how lousy it is. Has a cool intro though!

That's a huge list Zulu lol. My anime wish list on Amazon isn't nearly that big. Nabari no Ou is utter garbage, so I hope you've seen it before and liked it. If not....prepare to weep at how lousy it is. Has a cool intro though!
i didn't buy a few shows that I saw, but I mostly just bought everything I saw that I didn't own that I didn't actively know was garbage :p

I already have most of what I would want, so I only got a little bit of stuff. Naruto Set 27, One Piece Collections 11-16, and then two random anime I forgot the name of already.
Same here. some stuff coming out later this year but right now I've got most of what i really want. I have a huge backlog

Ordered some more on B&N. Death Note Black Edition 1-6 & Akira 1-6. $129 after tax. 

Combined with my Gundam the Origin manga order, I think I've splurged enough lol. 

In case you don't frequent GoHastings, they are having a 2 for $14 deal on all New DVDs $29.99 or less.
Thanks for the heads up! I ended up spending way longer than I'd intended scrolling through what they had available... Put a lot of stuff back after all that, but walked away with .Hack//Sign (I owned it already, but things skip, the box is broken...for $7, it's time for a new set).

Not anime, but also walked with

Power Rangers Time Force: The Complete Series

Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue :The Complete Series

and Scorpion season 1

Total after tax: $33!

I thought about getting Legend of Korra but I'm hoping they'll come out with a box set and I'll just get the series then.

Thanks for the heads up! I ended up spending way longer than I'd intended scrolling through what they had available... Put a lot of stuff back after all that, but walked away with .Hack//Sign (I owned it already, but things skip, the box is broken...for $7, it's time for a new set).

Not anime, but also walked with

Power Rangers Time Force: The Complete Series

Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue :The Complete Series

and Scorpion season 1

Total after tax: $33!

I thought about getting Legend of Korra but I'm hoping they'll come out with a box set and I'll just get the series then.
i thought bout getting the .hack sign set as well since my first disk has issues, but decided to pass.

I passed on Korra because most of the DVDs are around the same 8.29 shipped stuff was on gohastings and I would rather wait until later this year when there is a deal on blu rays.

yes, as much as I normally don't care, I already have the first two parts of korra on blu ray and it's a good enough series to both getting it all on the same format :p

Too late most of stuff was taken by slickdealers plus I can't even find all of 12 kingdoms on bluray. All i got are the complete collections on dvd.
I didn't realize the 12 Kingdoms Blu-Ray sets had gotten so rare. I'm really glad that I picked them all up when they were easier to get your hands on. I've always liked that series.

just a heads up for those who ordered from gohastings.

2 of my 6 orders have been processed, one shipped, the other cancelled.

hope all of yours go through

amusingly the one that was cancelled was the one I ordered for my friend... so now to see if I get everything I wanted >.>

just a heads up for those who ordered from gohastings.

2 of my 6 orders have been processed, one shipped, the other cancelled.

hope all of yours go through

amusingly the one that was cancelled was the one I ordered for my friend... so now to see if I get everything I wanted >.>
My Zeta Gundam Movie got cancelled, despite being in stock

My entire order just got canceled due to no longer being available. ): 

Edit: Also just took a look on the site and the items they're saying aren't available are still available according to their individual pages. Just a heads up to all. 

hmmm with my gohastings orders most of my stuff got cancelled. the only stuff that went through was mostly the stuff that I was iffy about buying in the first place lol.

I hope Nabari no Ou got cancelled...
nope that is one of the 8 items that actually shipped of 50.

[SIZE=12pt]Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero also shipped :p[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]the only good things I got were the world god only knows ova collection and the first two naruto sets I ordered. which means I am still missing two of them instead of just one, and I am not any closer on bleach >.<;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]to be fair the only things I am really bummed about not getting are yakitate japan part 2, and sailor moon r season 2 parts 1 and 2. the other naruto and bleach sets are a little sad not to get, my one piece collections are as well, but with one piece I can just wait for the next amazon exclusive one that is a far sexier version of the collections anyways.[/SIZE]

nope that is one of the 8 items that actually shipped of 50.

[SIZE=12pt]Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero also shipped :p[/SIZE]
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero is good for what it is at least. Perhaps it's better to say that it executed well on a familiar trope? Not like Nabari no Ou where they started off with a familiar concept and then flipped it on it's head to something completely inane and non-sensical.

Trying to decide if the second season of tokyo ghoul limited edition for 37 is a good deal (amazon prime day)...doesn't feel like it

"no longer available...at 2/$14"
Actually...yes.

I emailed them to say "yo, not cool that my order was canceled for availability but yet they're available' and they wrote back saying 'the deal ended so that's why we canceled it'

The deal was listed on your website the entire time I was putting together my order... I'm calling false advertising and going off to sulk.

bread's done
Back