Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like Shichimiya Satone
Dohohoho~
maxresdefault.jpg
U Cold blooded brah!

Try having to sit through it. They spent 5 minutes hyping up Resurrection F and spent most of the panel babbling on about FUNimation Now.
Why are they talking about resurrection F? Should've just announced the license of Super or release of Buu Kai

Why are they talking about resurrection F? Should've just announced the license of Super or release of Buu Kai
Buu Kai won't get released until it airs on Toonami. As for Super, Toei won't allow them to dub it yet.

BTW, I should clarify that the Shimoneta LE pack-in might be different. People around me were talking and I couldn't hear as clear as I wanted, but they said it would include "a sock." I assumed it was a flag due to the promo image used, but that might not be it. Haven't seen the series, so it might be an actual sock or another pair of panties like Najica.

Not attending their panels so no Crunchyroll or Aniplex reports from me.

Discotek Otakon panel news:

- Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth acquired. Coming to Blu-ray and DVD. Includes original "Vengeance of the Space Pirate" dub, though in not pristine quality due to degredation. Uses same master as Japanese version.

- Originally announced at AnimeNext, Thunderbirds-esque puppet show Star Fleet has been acquired. Coming next year. Created by Go Nagai.

- Strike the Blood coming in November on Blu-ray and DVD combo pack.

- Miss Machiko licensed for streaming only. No DVD plans for the moment.

- If Sonic X set does very well, Discotek will explore a sub release.

- Reminder: Jungle Emperor Leo and Blackjack movie coming to Blu-ray next year.

- Kyousougiga coming to Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Sub only. Includes TV series and ONA. Includes Episode 5.5 (both Broadcast and Extended cuts). Includes Episode 10.5 review. Releases late 2016/early 2017.

- Seha Girls coming to Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack. Includes 16 minute long art gallery and linear notes. Translating this almost killed one of the Discotek dudes.

- Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer coming to Blu-ray and DVD. Includes dub. Found original dub master tapes. New translation for sub. No release date yet.

- Street Fighter II movie coming to Blu-ray. Completely uncut. Uses UK transfer, but remastered to l reserve film grain. Two sub tracks using Japanese and English character names. Includes PG-13, Unrated US, and Unrated UK dubs with Japanese soundtrack. New subtitle translation. Includes alternate takes from the dub.

- 5 Centimeters per Second being released on Blu-ray in 2017. Includes dub and sub.

- Lupin III Island of Assassins has been license rescued. Includes FUNi dub. Video has been remastered. Will be released on a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in 2017.

- Lupin III 2nd Series released in 4 sets with new special features. Includes Geneon dub where applicable. Set 1 releases in December and Set 2 in 2017. Includes old Adult Swim promos. Geneon dub ends at Set 2. Episode 3 back in correct order.

- Lupin III Operation: Return the Treasure coming to DVD in 2017.

Not attending their panels so no Crunchyroll or Aniplex reports from me.

- Kyousougiga coming to Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. Sub only. Includes TV series and ONA. Includes Episode 5.5 (both Broadcast and Extended cuts). Includes Episode 10.5 review. Releases late 2016/early 2017.

- Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer coming to Blu-ray and DVD. Includes dub. Found original dub master tapes. New translation for sub. No release date yet.

- Lupin III 2nd Series released in 4 sets with new special features. Includes Geneon dub where applicable. Set 1 releases in December and Set 2 in 2017. Includes old Adult Swim promos. Geneon dub ends at Set 2. Episode 3 back in correct order.
Thanks. I wonder why they are releasing the second urusei movie without releasing the actual series. I'm pretty hyped about lupin being released so soon. good Christmas gift

I hope crunchyroll talks about their physical releases

RightStuf Otakon Panel news:

NOTE: Computer problems means no PowerPoint, so not much news.

- Due to licensors focusing on streaming licenses, a lot of announcements planned have not been finalized yet.

- ICYMI, Nozomi license rescued Galaxy Angel. Only on Blu-ray. No DVD release.

- Funny moment in the panel. Crowd cheered for Gundam 0080, kinda cheered for 0083, barely reacted for F91.

- Turn A Gundam getting a Blu-ray release next year. Will have a program where you can exchange the DVD sets and upgrade to Blu-ray.

- No Gundam X Blu-rays until Japan releases it first.

- Working with Bluefin to get back into stocking Gundam Models.

Viz Otakon panel news

- Gundam Thunderbolt manga announced.

- Ranma 1/2 OVA & Movie Blu-ray collection. Will have a Deluxe Edition in 2017 similar in style to TV Series.

- 5 Centimeters per Second being released on Blu-ray in 2017. Includes dub and sub.
RightStuf Otakon Panel news:

- Turn A Gundam getting a Blu-ray release next year. Will have a program where you can exchange the DVD sets and upgrade to Blu-ray.
These announcements make me extremely happy. Thank you for sharing. :D/

What the hell. It's right after the Nozomi panel and in the same room. Aniplex Otakon panel news!

- Aniplex doesn't know what the volume slider is. -_-

- Dunno what to take away from this, but the Aniplex panel had way more people than the Nozomi panel. Also the Discotek panel, but that was in one of the side rooms while this and Nozomi were in the big Ballroom panel room.

- Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale will have worldwide theatrical release in 2017.

- Yuki Kajiura (SAO) concert in Hollywood on January 14th.

- Have acquired Kizumonogatari Part 2. Comes to select US theaters October 2016. No Blu-ray/DVD relate data yet.

- Fate/Zero boxsets return October 25th. Still limited print run.

- No plans to re-release Garden of Sinners or Rurouni Kenshin.

GOD DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeps in Veteran lol

#aniplexpanel High School Fleet in the house!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpxUU2yXgAA9mIY.jpg:large

Aniplex USA ‏@aniplexUSA 30m30 minutes ago

#aniplexpanel #DoukyuseiMovie now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpxbMitWgAAXrRR.jpg:large

Aniplex USA ‏@aniplexUSA 8m8 minutes ago

#aniplexpanel SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Can you guess what it is??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cpxghb4WgAAXgSw.jpg:large

Aniplex yay for being poor lol

Aniplex USA ‏@aniplexUSA 2m2 minutes ago

#aniplexpanel SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! Can you see what it is??

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpxhAvaW8AAhKC7.jpg:large

- Dunno what to take away from this, but the Aniplex panel had way more people than the Nozomi panel. Also the Discotek panel...
I won't speak for you(due to what I'm about to say ;) ), but I know what that means for me.

It means I'm getting old, because I was far more excited about the news from Discotek and Nozomi than I've ever been about anything from Aniplex.

I found viridian tenchi muyo ryo-ohki and Chrono Crusade complete collection at a local pawn shop. They charge $1 per disc, so it only cost me $8.56 for there entire thing. Freaking phone won't display the pics on here.[attachment=23325:1471485509666-998580156.jpg]

My copy shipped out yesterday so everyone's should be going out soon, unless they sold through the restock.
When did you place your order?

@Keyblader:

I wouldn't get too snippy about them not shipping out the $100 item you bought for $75 off. I would maybe be a little more polite.

My FotNS also hasn't shipped yet. Placed my order on 7/15. I'm in no hurry to receive it, but I just don't want it cancelled on me. If my date gets pushed back again, I'll give them a call to see what's up.

Matter of fact, there's no reason to go easy on them. They shouldn't have sold it at that price if they didn't want to. And if it was a glitch, they could have cancelled the order and gave us some credit, instead of stringing everyone along for over a month.

For those that backed Skip Beat, wanted to give you all a brief update. I was in the recording studio on Monday and from what I saw of the dub so far, it looks like it will be really good. I hate dubs and I was impressed, so I think that says something. Really good crew working on this with a lot of experience. I'm excited! Might be the first dub I watch in a long time. Oh I also saw the Love Me jacket (in pink) and it's solid. Not that I'd wear the pink one (dark blue for me) but for those that want it, I think they'll be happy. That's all I got :D

Matter of fact, there's no reason to go easy on them. They shouldn't have sold it at that price if they didn't want to. And if it was a glitch, they could have cancelled the order and gave us some credit, instead of stringing everyone along for over a month.
Exactly.

I'll probably contact Amazon this afternoon. There's no reason they should be listing these as in stock and selling them if they haven't shipped out backorders yet.

Oh yeah; I remember starkillr is the one who donated a butt ton of money to Skip Beat.

I'm glad it's looking good. I didn't know anything about the series, so I backed it purely on recommendation.

For those that backed Skip Beat, wanted to give you all a brief update. I was in the recording studio on Monday and from what I saw of the dub so far, it looks like it will be really good. I hate dubs and I was impressed, so I think that says something. Really good crew working on this with a lot of experience. I'm excited! Might be the first dub I watch in a long time. Oh I also saw the Love Me jacket (in pink) and it's solid. Not that I'd wear the pink one (dark blue for me) but for those that want it, I think they'll be happy. That's all I got :D
completely non-bias opinion here folks

dubs are bad but this one is legit!

I put mine in on July 14th.
That makes sense. My order has not shipped yet, and it was placed on 07/15. I wish I'd known about it a day sooner.

Yeah, fair point.

Mine still hasn't shipped though, which is ridiculous since they're actually selling more copies now (and it says "only two left *in stock*).
Exactly.

I'll probably contact Amazon this afternoon. There's no reason they should be listing these as in stock and selling them if they haven't shipped out backorders yet.
The ones listed as "In stock, only 2 left" are being sold by Quality Bargains and Goods, not by Amazon. Amazon has continued to take orders for it this entire time, but it's never been listed as anything closer than 1-3 weeks before it would be in stock (I've been adding it to the cart regularly to check the status).

completely non-bias opinion here folks

dubs are bad but this one is legit!
Oh I put my bias up front, I think most dubs are trash and I was impressed with what I heard and it made me interested in seeing how it turns out. Otherwise I was just going to watch the subtitles. If you think I'm biased towards the dub because I backed it you're making a mistake. I never cared for the dub and just wanted one of my favorite shows on blu-ray. This was more for the folks who have the reverse opinion of me and actually want to watch dubs. Of course you're free to feel however you'd like. If you didn't back the show then my update really isn't for you anyways :)

I probably won't even hear the dub since I'm just in it for the release to happen, so I'm happy with the original track, but it's nice to know that the English dub was well done since being a backer, it's a good feeling to know that the money was used efficiently.

Just waiting patiently until the release finally becomes a reality as it gets closer to the ship out date. ^__^

Also, nice response to Delpha's comments, lol.  I'm sure people are going to give you flack for it, but I won't since it's the truth. :p

I probably won't even hear the dub since I'm just in it for the release to happen, so I'm happy with the original track, but it's nice to know that the English dub was well done since being a backer, it's a good feeling to know that the money was used efficiently.

Just waiting patiently until the release finally becomes a reality as it gets closer to the ship out date. ^__^

Also, nice response to Delpha's comments, lol. I'm sure people are going to give you flack for it, but I won't since it's the truth. :p
I am just happy the show is getting a release. the dub is icing on the cake.

now for them to finish skip beat and get on rescuing Re:zero that for some reason hasn't been licenced yet @_@

bread's done
Back