Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
HxH is more likely to be 12 sets at 12 eps each, just being generous with the first couple vols since ep 13 and 26 are recaps. I'm not gonna bite until they at least do double sets with 25ish eps each, like they did with the first Naruto series. But Viz is known to drag their ass on repackages so it will be over 3 years before it is even a possibility.

My Fist of the North Star arrived on Friday. It is in pretty good condition. Shrink-wrapped and with a typical DVD seal across the seam. Although it was kind of comical seeing that seal on a DVD box that was WAY too big for it. The case is fat, though that isn't so surprising for a 21-disc set. No regrets on picking this one up for $25, despite how long it took to ship. $25 for a 152 episode series is a good value no matter how you slice it.

My Fist of the North Star arrived on Friday. It is in pretty good condition. Shrink-wrapped and with a typical DVD seal across the seam. Although it was kind of comical seeing that seal on a DVD box that was WAY too big for it. The case is fat, though that isn't so surprising for a 21-disc set. No regrets on picking this one up for $25, despite how long it took to ship. $25 for a 152 episode series is a good value no matter how you slice it.
Yep. I got mine this past Thursday. Packaging was good and it was in brand-spanking new condition too. I personally don't really care about the delay because of the killer price we all got on it. I can't wait to dive into this beast of a series! I don't think I've ever seen the entire series, but only random episodes here and there.

Yep. I got mine this past Thursday. Packaging was good and it was in brand-spanking new condition too. I personally don't really care about the delay because of the killer price we all got on it. I can't wait to dive into this beast of a series! I don't think I've ever seen the entire series, but only random episodes here and there.
Same, I've only seen smatterings here or there. I do remember that nipples were removed in the show I saw. It made the chick look really weird. Could be thinking of a different show...but this is old so my memory may be off.

Sadly just finished all HxH on Netflix so now i got to scour the internet for the last season i believe. Even worse knowing that the series ends and i go a manga that has some stops. Either way finally happy to get that series under my belt and understand the hype. Grats on those who scored FOTNS deal. Stupid me on holding out and never got around to ordering the darn thing. 

I got my copy of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Collector's Edition in the mail today from Righstuf and it has an ugly ding on it. I don't if I should ask for an exchange or just suck it up. It's really distracting to me. 

[attachment=23660:20160913_161803.jpg]

Thanks for the input, I figured I'd ask before I unwrap the set. It's not so bad now that I look at it again. It must've just been the first thing that caught my eye as I opened the box.

Bunch of things I saw at the mall today.

First, FYE is having an in-store sale of B1G1 25% Off on all new DVD and Blu-ray in addition to the usual B2G1 for $1 on Used. Obviously it is not great, but hey, jut making people aware.

Second, I was at Books-a-Million and they have a bunch of manga in their Bargain Bin shelf. Regular volumes were $3.97 and Omnibus volumes are $5.97.

Finally, saw this in Walmart today:

Because when I think of anime, I think of Tyler Perry.

Thanks for the input, I figured I'd ask before I unwrap the set. It's not so bad now that I look at it again. It must've just been the first thing that caught my eye as I opened the box.
You should return it to rightstuf. Then, Shawne K will list it on his amazon account as a dinger for super cheap!

I got my FoTNS set and it seems pristine. No visible dings etc. Of course once I open it, all the DVDs could be shattered :) I'll check it out this weekend.

I was at the mall recently and noticed that fye is coming back to my town's mall.  It'll be nice to have another place to look for anime.  This mall use to have a sam goody, suncoast, and a fye store.  It'll be nice to have one movie store in the mall to check out.

I've only seen one Books A Million ever when I lived in Broward. Maybe I'll take a trip around there over the weekend to see if they have some Case Closed manga. 

Not the usual place I went to for anime stuff down there. That would be Tate's.

http://tatescomics.com/

I was going to go there anyway this Saturday to use my birthday coupon on some Japanese snacks.  Who knows what they'll have this year? 

I was at the mall recently and noticed that fye is coming back to my town's mall. It'll be nice to have another place to look for anime. This mall use to have a sam goody, suncoast, and a fye store. It'll be nice to have one movie store in the mall to check out.
Sadly, FYE's used prices really tend to tow the line in terms of prices. Most of the used anime is $35-$40, even if you could get it for under $20 easily on Amazon.

It also heavily depends on location. The two FYE near me rarely have decent Used anime in stock (typically even that is old anime singles) while the Suncoast across town often has some neat gems here and there.

Is the Escaflowne collection sold out at Rightstuft? The add to cart button is greyed out, it's different from the usual "out of stock" notice.
Yes, it is sold out. But we are expecting it to become orderable again sometime soon. They page was taken down completely a few days ago and then it popped back up, yesterday I believe, with the 'add to cart' box greyed out.

Funimation gave this response late this afternoon to an inquiry regarding the Escaflowne CE:

We apologize for any inconvenience. Sadly, "The Vision of Escaflowne - The Complete Series + Movie - BD/DVD Combo - Collector's Edition" is sold out and is no longer able to be pre-ordered. Unfortunately, we do not have any information as to when or if more copies of this collector's edition will become available in the future.

^^^ That's what I think the page with the grayed-out Add to Cart button is basically setup for now... 

The CE sets in the Kickstarter are a separate run of boxes made with the exclusive foil lettering,  so I suppose they have copies of that one still available... who knows with Funi, though. If they have any extras of those they'll probably dump those out to retail to get rid of them, and screw the Kickstarter backers out of that little bit of exclusivity, too... 

Wow. Can't believe it -- an anime release that may actually be limited in its initial quarter of release. Haven't seen one of those in a long time, maybe not since Geneon went out of business and made volumes of Fs/n and Kanon rare. I kind of fear what FUNi may do with Outlaw Star now.

Wow. Can't believe it -- an anime release that may actually be limited in its initial quarter of release. Haven't seen one of those in a long time, maybe not since Geneon went out of business and made volumes of Fs/n and Kanon rare. I kind of fear what FUNi may do with Outlaw Star now.
still have my dvd copy of outlaw star keep hoping we will see a blu ray release

Sorry to jump in out of the blue.... Does anyone here know of the blu Ray of cowboy bepop is worth buying?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump in out of the blue.... Does anyone here know of the blu Ray of cowboy bepop is worth buying?

Short answer: Absolutely yes!

Long answer: It's the most definitive version of the show that you can purchase. If you love Cowboy Bebop, it's a no-brainer. Amazon has sold it for $25-28 in the past. So I'm sure it'll hit that price point again sometime in the future if you're patient. Read all the reviews on hit. They'll provide more info for sure.

Thanks, I own the previous DVD release and when they announced it I was hesitant, but now I'm slowly replacing only my extreme favorites with Blu-ray now. I'm also waiting for a release of Outlaw start on Blu-ray

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I found the vision of escaflowne ce at 134 still at the animecornerstore. com

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I found the vision of escaflowne ce at 134 still at the animecornerstore. com

Edit... Nevermind I just checked and they raised their price too. Sorry about that
Thanks, I own the previous DVD release and when they announced it I was hesitant, but now I'm slowly replacing only my extreme favorites with Blu-ray now. I'm also waiting for a release of Outlaw start on Blu-ray

The bluray is based on the remix dvds, so there are a few alterations from the original material. Some musical queues, etc. It didn't bother me to begin with, and the bluray looks great, but I know it's important to some folks.

I know that I'm going to take some crap for this, but as a business owner, he is allowed to charge whatever he wants. Then again, I am "evil ebay flipper".

Nobody is questioning whether he has a right to do so, but we're just noting he's an ass for doing so, which is more than fair.  More of this has to do with who Robert is, and the way he purports himself to everyone, yet, still can't hide that scent of douchebaggery every so often, and let's the scum slip out; whether it'd be about his arrogant facade of being an anime insider, or his questionable business practices (unrelated to high prices), in the end, he is a douchebag, and that's all that we are saying.  Hope that clears things up a bit.

bread's done
Back