Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know how to cancel a order from Funimations site? Is email the only way to do it?
Yea, unfortunately. They do most of their communication via e-mail, I had to go back and forth with them last year during the DBZ Lover's fiasco. That said, I skipped them this time around an ordered my Code Geass Blu-ray set through Rightstuf...

Quick question about preordering on Rightstuf. Do they charge your credit card immediately or do they charge only upon shipment?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind! Found it on their FAQ website. Charges when they ship the product.

Anyone know what the Funimation low price on Code Geass Collector's Edition was before it sold out? I already ordered on Right Stuf but I'm just curious.

Thanks, they weren't offering any additional bonuses right? Weird that they're sold out at that price while you can get from RS for $98/$88.
Maybe a bunch of people who aren't aware of RS went ahead and preordered immediately without bothering to search for cheaper alternatives? A lot of people are willing, for whatever reason, to buy stuff at MSRP or are too lazy to look around for a deal when it comes to other stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me that there are people who buy anime with the same mentality. Not all of us are cheapasses. :p

Heads up for anyone who ordered the Spice and Wolf Numbered Edition from amazon.ca: I ordered mine from indigo and they said that the manufacturer is not producing any more numbered editions, but they are honoring the $94.xx price for the non-numbered editions. I assume that the same thing will happen at amazon.

I thought this was already posted here but apparently not.  Hunter x Hunter vol. 1 blu ray steelbook + manga bonus set.

Cs_RlzsUEAAg9HV.jpg%20large_zpsxz1unkba.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hunter-x-hunter-set-1-blu-ray-disc/5582010.p?id=3617052&skuId=5582010&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-ZkpRt5Vb3ZG0zmjjkOEHZQ

So, I ordered a bunch of DVDs from FYE, among them Naruto Shippuden Set 27.

Package arrives and this is what I got instead...

EDIT: And then I open it up...

Steelbook you say?

I hope they do a steelbook for all of the other parts too though.

Neat. :D

That current price is nuts though. XD
It would annoy the shit out of me if I started getting the steelbooks and they discontinued them... Which seems likely

So, I ordered a bunch of DVDs from FYE, among them Naruto Shippuden Set 27.

Package arrives and this is what I got instead...

EDIT: And then I open it up...

L-M-A-O! Sorry, that's absolutely hilarious. You had to laugh after cursing your luck when that happened.

I've had my share of Gamestop disc mixups to know this is why I only buy used from a brick and mortar store.

Is FYE known for mistakes like this? 

I've had my share of Gamestop disc mixups to know this is why I only buy used from a brick and mortar store.

Is FYE known for mistakes like this?
I haven't had anything quite that bad. Usually, they would just send me the wrong volume (8 instead of 9, for example) or something.

Though it's not quite as frustrating as Hastings. I ordered Highschool of the Dead manga Volume 2 five times from Hastings and literally every single time they sent me Volume 5 (which has a very similar cover) instead.

You know, Right Stuf, I was already disappointed that the Funi sale didn't include any new releases or preorders. You could have at least made it so that the first 6 pages weren't filled with nothing but excluded items.
That is kind of ridiculous. They couldn't just have a link to the sale items? They've obviously marked them in their database already.

For preorders you can tell because the listing says the release date, but for stuff like Haruhi you have to click through.

It's been a really long time since I've seen this, but I remember it jumping the shark at one point and becoming really different.
No, nothing that crazy happens. I mean there's an episode where
a sentient cactus uses his mind control powers to get people to buy subpar ice-cream until they stomp him to death
but it's the best goddamn episode in the series so...

I clicked the Outlaw Star announcement and it brought me to All the Anime. Anybody ever import from them? How's the shipping/packaging? 

I have only ordered one item from AtA (Anime Limited) directly as of now, and that's the pre-order for the Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's Edition with the Resin Gate - so I can't tell you yet how they pack their stuff for shipping.  I usually order AL releases through Amazon UK though, because Amazon usually lists the items at the same price but then you get to subtract 20% off their listed price for the included VAT charges we don't pay - plus the shipping is a lot less. So, usually the item is much cheaper from Amazon UK - but they've shipped everything to me in cardboard mailers, and I've been pretty lucky not to receive any damaged items so far. 

I have only ordered one item from AtA (Anime Limited) directly as of now, and that's the pre-order for the Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's Edition with the Resin Gate - so I can't tell you yet how they pack their stuff for shipping. I usually order AL releases through Amazon UK though, because Amazon usually lists the items at the same price but then you get to subtract 20% off their listed price for the included VAT charges we don't pay - plus the shipping is a lot less. So, usually the item is much cheaper from Amazon UK - but they've shipped everything to me in cardboard mailers, and I've been pretty lucky not to receive any damaged items so far.
That's exactly what I was planning on ordering. Do you know where I can I get a cheapish but good quality region free blu ray player?

That's exactly what I was planning on ordering. Do you know where I can I get a cheapish but good quality region free blu ray player?
Well, I haven't really shopped for a region-free player for a while... I know there's the online places like 220 Electronics, Bombay Electronics, and World-Import - I've purchased Region-free DVD players from both 220 and Bombay, but that was around 10 years ago... The cheaper Region-free Blu-ray players at those places run around $150-$250, after you tack on the price of the "optional" ABC region kits for Blu-ray. My last two Blu-ray players have been Oppo players, and a simple region-free kit can be had for those for about $50 - but then, they're $500 players to begin with, so they're definitely not very cheap...

Well, I haven't really shopped for a region-free player for a while... I know there's the online places like 220 Electronics, Bombay Electronics, and World-Import - I've purchased Region-free DVD players from both 220 and Bombay, but that was around 10 years ago... The cheaper Region-free Blu-ray players at those places run around $150-$250, after you tack on the price of the "optional" ABC region kits for Blu-ray. My last two Blu-ray players have been Oppo players, and a simple region-free kit can be had for those for about $50 - but then, they're $500 players to begin with, so they're definitely not very cheap...
Damn didn't know region free bluray players were so pricey my DVD player just needed a code typed in and then it became region free, I expected bd players might be the same.

Code Geass CE shipped from Rightstuf! Can't wait to get my hands on that. Wonder if it'll arrive by the weekend? Probably a pipe dream.

^^^ Mine shipped yesterday morning, so there's a slim chance it will arrive Saturday, but I'm thinking Monday.  Delivery date is set for Tuesday, and I always get my package a day earlier, and sometimes two... I'm so peeved the art cards are packed in a separate "filler" box that is just shrink-wrapped to the back of the chipboard box, instead of making the chipbox 1/4" wider to put the art cards inside, in an envelope or plastic bag, alongside the two Blu-ray cases. I thought this was supposed to be CE set, not an LE...

If you manage to find one of these, you can easily turn it into a region-free player by inputting a code on the remote: https://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Multi-Region-BluRay-Player/dp/B005QP1S3M/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I got mine from Walmart about 4 years ago for $50. It even has component out!

My best buy order for the code geass box set for store pick up still shows processing. Normally for preorders I've gotten an email by now stating that it'll be available for pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Looking at the Toonami JoJo ad, it seems Viz didn't redub it. Kind of disappointed. But as long as the subs are good I'll live with it.

Looking at the Toonami JoJo ad, it seems Viz didn't redub it. Kind of disappointed. But as long as the subs are good I'll live with it.
why would they?

they already had rights to the dub.

it was a fine dub just a crappy home video release.

and they can then focus on dubbing part 3 so it can air on tv right after parts 1 and 2 o_O

why would they?

they already had rights to the dub.

it was a fine dub just a crappy home video release.

and they can then focus on dubbing part 3 so it can air on tv right after parts 1 and 2 o_O
Yeah, I see the logic behind it. Like I said, as long as the release is fine I have no real issues.

bread's done
Back