Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So, haven't been to the White Marsh Suncoast in about a year. Decided to head up there on a whim. Came away with Honey & Clover Vol. 1-3, Assassination Classroom S1P1 LE, a bunch of anime Blu-rays, and Neon Genesis Evangelion Death & Rebirth & End of Evangelion boxset. Got 12 titles for about $230.

Whelp, the blu rays I got of your lie in april from best buy, I'm pretty sure they are region locked. Some giant PG in yellow box is on there and there's a code B on the back. Man i knew it was too good to be true when they were only 80 a piece on the best buy website when the your lie in april website is selling them for 130 a pop. Looks like I"m returning it.

Now I'm just hoping that the code geass box set i ordered from there isn't part of that region.

Whelp, the blu rays I got of your lie in april from best buy, I'm pretty sure they are region locked. Some giant PG in yellow box is on there and there's a code B on the back. Man i knew it was too good to be true when they were only 80 a piece on the best buy website when the your lie in april website is selling them for 130 a pop. Looks like I"m returning it.

Now I'm just hoping that the code geass box set i ordered from there isn't part of that region.
Ah, they must be selling the Madman Australian releases.

I was curious because I'm importing the sets from the UK that are Region B because they're <$55 each and I have a Region Free Player, but they're not out yet so it would be odd if somehow Best Buy already had them.

Ah, they must be selling the Madman Australian releases.

I was curious because I'm importing the sets from the UK that are Region B because they're <$55 each and I have a Region Free Player, but they're not out yet so it would be odd if somehow Best Buy already had them.
they are the madman australian ones! didn't realize those existed. i doubt they will work on the xbox one. it sucks but i should have expected it. there was no picture or information on their listing on the site

Yea I just checked. Xbox one S is region locked for movies. Didn't want to have to return these but oh well. Knew it was too good to be true.

Code Geass just arrived!! Stoked!! One thing I noticed was the last two discs in the first season weren't still in their spots. The last disc had a couple black streaks on the disc that came off with a microfiber cloth. Doesn't appear to be scratched. I guess that means I should hurry up and watch it?

The art cards are awesome. I think I'm going to put them in a collage of some kind and frame it. Need to think about placement....yay!

Update on my order of Spice and Wolf from Rightstuf. I emailed them and received the following response, "Thank you for contacting us. We have reviewed your order and unfortunately, a Spice and Wolf Anniversary Numbered Copy was not committed to your order as all the copies that were received were committed to others on a first come, first serve basis. Due to this, your order will be awaiting the 2nd print of the book, which is set to release in November. No further numbered copies are available at this time, we are sorry for the inconvenience."

Now I have big problem with this. I ordered very early, I think it might have been on the first day. I'm sure the manufacturer contacted them and they had an exact amount which was allocated to them. Now it's very easy tie your purchase system directly to your inventory database. That way they only take orders for what was allocated.

Would anyone who did order from rightstuff and received a shipping confirmation be willing to post or PM me the exact time they ordered?

I stopped getting limited stuff like that from Rightstuf a long time ago, when they canceled a figure I preordered the last day, after everywhere else closed pre-orders.

Honestly, unless you really, really want the Re:Light movies or really like packaging, don't bother with the Omega Edition. The extras are the same and the booklet is literally just two chapters from the manga.

EDIT: I didn't realize the Standard Edition was the same price. Eh, if you're willing to spend $40 on Death Note, go crazy for the Omega Edition, then.

So out of nowhere, Amazon emails me that my copy of Spice and Wolf shipped. I pretty much assumed that this would be the 2nd printing but no, they sent me a numbered copy. Number 1366.

AMAZON IS MAI WAIFU

I saw the Ghost in the Shell 25th Anniversary blu-ray at my Walmart today. Nearly picked it up on the spot but don't know much about this release. Research says it the cheapest price in my area.

Any word on this transfer or hopes for something better to come along closer to the live action film releases? This is definitely cheaper that what I paid for the DVD, but not trying trying to buy this thing more than I have to.

Can't believe the Twintails Blu is still 65 at Amazon. Thinking about getting it from Rightstuf since I have the membership thing. Although Holiday sales may be around the corner =/

Pretty surprised FUNi won't make any more of the Geass LE, but I guess it's good that they are actually limited for once rather than just being the more expensive, fancier option. It gives collectors some benefit despite the slanted boxes the set comes in...

But I don't think Code Geass is eligible for coupons, is it?
I don't think so. It is already on sale for $97.99, which is cheaper than I found it anywhere else. It was $10 or so cheaper during preorder if you had their Got Anime membership.

I went ahead and ordered one yesterday.

Seems like the English track on Code Geass R2 is a mono track piped to the left and right channels.  Funi seems to think this isn't an issue, so as of yet no replacement disks or anything. Just a heads up, saw it on the thread in fandompost when researching the set.

Placed an order at TRSI for Code Geass LE yesterday at 10pm and today at 11 am i get a shipping confirmation. Those guys work hard to get people's orders out and I'm most impressed.

Placed an order at TRSI for Code Geass LE yesterday at 10pm and today at 11 am i get a shipping confirmation. Those guys work hard to get people's orders out and I'm most impressed.
I guess you did not read my little ordeal with them. Also, never mix an in stock item with a preorder. They'll ship whenever that preorder comes out.

I guess you did not read my little ordeal with them. Also, never mix an in stock item with a preorder. They'll ship whenever that preorder comes out.
Went back a few pages and saw they burned you out of your numbered art book for spice and wolf.Sorry it happened to you as this seems something RACS would do but not TRSI.Still i like shopping with TRSI because they know how to pack items and they almost always come in MINT CONDITION.

Yay! My Escaflowne Kickstarter sets are on their way! Funimation evidently is not sending out any tracking emails to the backers - but, if you have a UPS My Choice account setup on their web site, you can log in and see if anything is shipping to you. I have two packages under separate tracking numbers that shipped out Tuesday and yesterday, coming from Corporate Business Solutions in Arlington, TX. One is arriving Monday and one on Tuesday - one of those will be my CE box set with the Lovers Only soundtrack CD, and the other will be the Kickstarter Exclusive box set. I pledged for both sets under two different Kickstarter accounts.

^^^

Still don't have any info on mine.

Also finally got these patches in today. ;)

IMG_1179_zpsv8ejsycv.jpg

IMG_1188_zpsrohrvh3i.jpg

So Amazon finally shipped my Copy of Spice and Wolf Anniversary Collector's Edition and it was still the numbered edition I got #1954, but I have been seeing that many of these have issues from the factory I assume mine has some like residue still on the front

bread's done
Back