Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Blu Ray set from Anime Limited and it's literally the coolest collectible I own. It's an actual replica of the gate and it's heavy as hell. It has a cool aged look. The artbook is huge, hardcover and heavy as well. I got it in the mail and it was so heavy for such a medium sized box. This is such high quality.
Got mine today too - but I didn't get any £5 coupon in mine, I don't see one anywhere... It definitely is total awesomeness, though!

Didn't wanna spend hundreds of dollars on Gundam: The Origin? Well, the official Gundam YouTube channel, GundamInfo, has the first three episodes online, both dubbed and subbed, for a limited time.

Huh.  I didn't know Scrapped Princess was coming out on Blu Ray.  

Does anyone know whether or not it's going to just be an upconvert?  I had some difficulty finding details on the Jaoanese BD release (other than something like 20 different Fandompost articles that were carbon copies of each other with different titles)

Also, I'm patiently waiting for the 12+ day sale to start so that I can be disappointed that it's filled with things I already own.

Huh. I didn't know Scrapped Princess was coming out on Blu Ray.

Does anyone know whether or not it's going to just be an upconvert? I had some difficulty finding details on the Jaoanese BD release (other than something like 20 different Fandompost articles that were carbon copies of each other with different titles)

Also, I'm patiently waiting for the 12+ day sale to start so that I can be disappointed that it's filled with things I already own.
It's most likely going to be a crappy upscale,but it will still look and sound miles better than the old Bandai dvd's

so sentai is running a small pre black friday sale.

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-black-friday-sale?page=1

the highlights are the following that will be added on each day

- Saturday, November 19th: 65% Off Akame ga Kill! PBS (Collection 1 & 2)
- Sunday, November 20th: 65% Off Parasyte -the maxim- PBS (Collection 1 & 2)
- Monday, November 21st: 65% Off Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun PBS
- Tuesday, November 22nd: 65% Off No Game, No Life PBS
- Wednesday, November 23rd: 70% Off Knights of Sidonia Season 1 PBS

akame ga kill ended up being $45 per part so $90 for the series for collectors that go for $97 on right stuff right now.

I will likely get parasyte tomorrow for another $90.

after that I already bought month girls and no game.

there is other stuff at a decent sale as well but I think they were mostly there the last time the store was talked about.

There is some new things also on sale which is cool and they say adding 70 new items to sale each day if true sentai might have a decent selection to choose from by black Friday

There is some new things also on sale which is cool and they say adding 70 new items to sale each day if true sentai might have a decent selection to choose from by black Friday
it does sound like the limited editions might only be on sale for a single day... we will have to see... it qualified for free shipping anyways so I picked them up.

Reminder that Girls Und Panzer movie screening(Dub) is on Monday and Fandango is having a buy 1 get 1 free on movie tickets that ends tomorrow with code DEALSTHATCLICK2. So it's possible to get 2 tickets for $16.35. If only I had someone to go with.

so sentai is running a small pre black friday sale.

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-black-friday-sale?page=1

the highlights are the following that will be added on each day

- Saturday, November 19th: 65% Off Akame ga Kill! PBS (Collection 1 & 2)
- Sunday, November 20th: 65% Off Parasyte -the maxim- PBS (Collection 1 & 2)
- Monday, November 21st: 65% Off Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun PBS
- Tuesday, November 22nd: 65% Off No Game, No Life PBS
- Wednesday, November 23rd: 70% Off Knights of Sidonia Season 1 PBS

akame ga kill ended up being $45 per part so $90 for the series for collectors that go for $97 on right stuff right now.

I will likely get parasyte tomorrow for another $90.

after that I already bought month girls and no game.

there is other stuff at a decent sale as well but I think they were mostly there the last time the store was talked about.
Really tempted on Akame...is this a one day sale or does it go all week?

Unrelated, is Aniplex stuff ever on sale for Black Friday? I'm guessing no, but that would be nice...

hmmm parasyte is more expensive than akama ga kill and seems more lackluster with the included stuff.

think I will pass and just buy the normal down the line. 

the next two series are great though nozaki is funny and no game no life was my AOTY in 2014. 

This is such a good Sentai sale.  I am praying for them to add the Log Horizon sets to the sale so I can pick them up tomorrow along with Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun.   They are adding the daily items alphabetically and they made it to "I" for Sundays new additions.   The sale titles only went from 'A to E' yesterday. 

What do you think are the chances that Rightstuf has another Sentai sale like last Christmas where almost everything is $24 again?

This is such a good Sentai sale. I am praying for them to add the Log Horizon sets to the sale so I can pick them up tomorrow along with Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun. They are adding the daily items alphabetically and they made it to "I" for Sundays new additions. The sale titles only went from 'A to E' yesterday.

What do you think are the chances that Rightstuf has another Sentai sale like last Christmas where almost everything is $24 again?
decent... I mean this current sale is already done through rightstuf, it just isn't obvious it is :p

Kinda hope that Akame ga Kill goes back on sale for $46 on Friday. I had it in my cart on Friday but forgot to pull the trigger because I went to a party at the night so I forgot about it... 

I think this would happen because it's called "early sneek peak at black friday's sale" so they would put up all the daily deals on friday...

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Season 1 Volume 1 DVD was 8 bucks at DeepDiscount. I just ordered that. (24 episodes)

Looks like they aren't going to release this series as complete season box sets. But it's all good.

The formatting of the list for this year is a nightmare.

Not sure if it's because of CAG, or if RS added some new coding that's messing everything up.

Hopefully I'll figure it out soon before I give up. :(

If anyone has an idea on how to get the lists copy and pasted properly, I'd appreciate the help.

Well, I got Certain Magical Index Season 2, Jormungand, and Sekirei complete series. Solid prices on all. Anyone have any thoughts on Vexille or Texhnolyze?

Any thoughts on Btoom, Medaka Box, and Divergence Eve?

Also, is anyone having problems with Funimation's website. It's super slow for me.
It's always super slow. Btoom I enjoyed. Never watched Medaka Box. I would say that My Bride is a Mermaid and Good Luck Girl are gems at $15.

Medaka Box is a very, very odd series. Season 1 is very slice of life with Medaka's superpowers seemingly tied into Rule of Funny or Rule of Cool. Then Season 2 came along and made it an action drama with some comedy in there and Medaka being invincible became a plot point. Sadly, it's one of those anime that ends on a season finale rather than a series finale. 

Divergence Eve gives the appearance of being an ecchi comedy, but it's actually an action drama with a lot of navel-gazing and Eva-esque contemplation. As the series goes on it gets more and more serious and dramatic.

bread's done
Back