Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the fact that it's going to have a PE later next year is putting the show on pause til a big sentai sale like this years.
Wasn't that idea cancelled?

I know they were originally planning to dual a DVD/Blu combo release, and split them up into two parts, but then they decided to just go with the current model, and scrapped that whole idea.

Did they say they were doing the CE again?

Dude, it's not like they're knockin' boots. Grade school romances are relatively common, and generally don't go any further than holding hands or maybe kissing.
I don't even think any of the romances, even those among adult characters, get to the kissing stage. I think there may have been a flashback where Sakura's parents kiss, but it's been a while so I forget.

Either way, there's only one kiss in the series that matters:

Gonna try to watch some episodes before pulling the trigger. If I hate it, that's 70 episodes of hate to slog thru to justify the $$.

loot crate is running a sale on older crates

https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=9aac95e4b59b11e699636a97a4597d340000&pno=241827&lno=1&trd=Loot%2BVault%2Bvia%2BLoot%2BCrate&afsrc=1&mon=1&ref=1

you get half off the listed prices with code CYBERGEEK

taken from https://slickdeals.net/f/9457291-loot-vault-by-loot-crate-50-off-entire-website-free-shipping?page=2#comments

some of their anime crates are there too.

rRhPMI0.png

aka it would be $17.50

p12896Y.png

YWSFyzS.png

ePju7M9.png

4rimpf7.png

again you get half off the price shown with the code.

if you go to the actual vault you can read in more detail what is in what.

I personally got the duel one for the ace attorney case and jojo hat and squadron for the Gate Tshirt :p

Wasn't that idea cancelled?

I know they were originally planning to dual a DVD/Blu combo release, and split them up into two parts, but then they decided to just go with the current model, and scrapped that whole idea.

Did they say they were doing the CE again?
http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138779464413

They had standard editions for part 1 and 2 but they canceled that for a complete collection. I think they're testing out to see if they should do whole releases rather than part 1 then a part 2 then an eventual complete collection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Got my SentaiFilmworks Shop order today. It was raining and I was about to leave early for work to stop by Best Buy first, but then the mailman rang and had a box. Looked at it and it had Sentai Filmworks on it so I quickly swooped it up! It had my Parasyte PE! Shipped nicely because it's actually Righstuf who does their distrubition! So I really do REGRET not buying Nozaki-kun... and I guess Akame ga Kill because they would have shipped so nicely and safely... So gonna wait again....

Seems interesting if the source is reliable.

Hoping for some fake baked goods in the set.

Come on plush macaroons.

So I've never watched this show, but I tend to hear good things about it. Asides from the inconsistencies in sub-titles and dub (which I won't listen to anyways), is the show itself good? $2/episode doesn't seem unreasonable. It is a little creepy how the season 2 description talks about going on to 5th grade and then something about the romances in her life. 5th grader....romances? ew.
If that description creeps you out, then no.

It's good, but it's ultimately aimed at little girls, despite its cult following.

He has a crush on her brother's friend, and Tomoyo is essentially creepy.

if you go to the actual vault you can read in more detail what is in what.

I personally got the duel one for the ace attorney case and jojo hat and squadron for the Gate Tshirt :p
I was thinking about getting that Shokugeki no Souma apron until I read "not to be used when cooking".

What's the point of a cooking apron if it can't be used during cooking!?

I was thinking about getting that Shokugeki no Souma apron until I read "not to be used when cooking".

What's the point of a cooking apron if it can't be used during cooking!?
fuck. I totally missed that.

Got the cooking one, music one, squad one (I'd pay $30 for a gate t-shirt by itself), and fantasy one for the missus. Came out to under $70 shipped.

Today is the day that (11/28/2016) the start of the NISA Store sale. Although they didn't update the banners and stuff, the prices of stuff did change that looks like cyber monday deals. It lasts til the December 2 based on the email.

Not everything in the store is on sale. Only select anime. Based on their email its up to 62% off. The prices are similar to Rightstuf's prices for the holidays but they "may" come with bonus.

*-bonus item

Going Home Club PE* $39.99

Kotura-san PE* $29.99

Nagi no Asukara PE* $99.99

Princess and Pilot SE + Pilot Love Song PE* $52.99

Princess and Pilot SE $19.99

If Her Flag Breaks PE* $39.99

Pilot Love Song PE* $38.99

Wagnaria 2 SE $29.99

Hanairo 1 PE $29.99

Catgod PE* $19.99

Fuse PE* $19.99

Hanairo movie PE* $29.99

Umineko 1+2* PE $74.99

Umineko 1 PE $47.99

Umineko 2 PE $29.99

My paycheck is on Wednesday so I hope NaginoAsukra is still there. I really do want the flag and I loved the show ever since it came out. I didn't buy it yet since I was broke but now since it's the holiday season, I'm not gonna save this month and splurge on my desires. I'm gonna pick up the other NISA PE I don't have, like Kotura, If Her Flag Breaks, and Going Home Club. They aren't A+ animes but I did enjoy them and they are nice sets. I recommend Umineko for a blind buy. I bought it last year as a blind buy and it was entertaining for me.

Edit: Totally forgot about the free holiday card you get from them for every purchase you make. ;)
Boo. Lame sale. Only 3 things I want and they're not on sale.

Sentai sent me a $10 off a $50 order, today. They also sent one for me to give to a friend.The code is FRIEND10

Tomoyo is not creepy, her obsession with Sakura is, and thankfully that's not all there is to her character.

Tomoyo is not creepy, her obsession with Sakura is, and thankfully that's not all there is to her character.
Nah, her infatuation is not creepy. It's just the beautiful love with wanting to see your cousin of the same age dressed up in frilly or skintight outfits and wanting to record every moment of her life on video camera!

XcGhzeg.png

Nah, her infatuation is not creepy. It's just the beautiful love with wanting to see your cousin of the same age dressed up in frilly or skintight outfits and wanting to record every moment of her life on video camera!

XcGhzeg.png
The Dreamcast game is somewhat modeled on the Pokemon Snap game in that you play as Tomoyo and film Sakura... only in Japan.

Well Rightstuf made today's list easy for me to go thru:

Samurai Harem Asu no Yoichi

Fractale

Cool Dimension

And with Got Anime, I can finally get DBZ Season 1 on Blu Ray for under $20.  So far that's the only thing I'm definitely buying from Rigthstuf so far. Did they confirm whether or not we're getting 12 days of deals?

Well Rightstuf made today's list easy for me to go thru:

Samurai Harem Asu no Yoichi

Fractale

Cool Dimension

And with Got Anime, I can finally get DBZ Season 1 on Blu Ray for under $20. So far that's the only thing I'm definitely buying from Rigthstuf so far. Did they confirm whether or not we're getting 12 days of deals?
you are in the middle of them now.

this is clearly the same type of sale as last year where we will have new deals every day until mid dec with a different mega deal each day.

this RS sale is not good again. I mean I would have liked some of the items but really the deals are so minimal I wouldn't really consider them on "sale" - or it being a "deal". Some of these items are only like $4 or $6 off the typical amazon price listing.

Today is the day that (11/28/2016) the start of the NISA Store sale. Although they didn't update the banners and stuff, the prices of stuff did change that looks like cyber monday deals. It lasts til the December 2 based on the email.

Not everything in the store is on sale. Only select anime. Based on their email its up to 62% off. The prices are similar to Rightstuf's prices for the holidays but they "may" come with bonus.

*-bonus item

Going Home Club PE* $39.99

Kotura-san PE* $29.99

Nagi no Asukara PE* $99.99

Princess and Pilot SE + Pilot Love Song PE* $52.99

Princess and Pilot SE $19.99

If Her Flag Breaks PE* $39.99

Pilot Love Song PE* $38.99

Wagnaria 2 SE $29.99

Hanairo 1 PE $29.99

Catgod PE* $19.99

Fuse PE* $19.99

Hanairo movie PE* $29.99

Umineko 1+2* PE $74.99

Umineko 1 PE $47.99

Umineko 2 PE $29.99

My paycheck is on Wednesday so I hope NaginoAsukra is still there. I really do want the flag and I loved the show ever since it came out. I didn't buy it yet since I was broke but now since it's the holiday season, I'm not gonna save this month and splurge on my desires. I'm gonna pick up the other NISA PE I don't have, like Kotura, If Her Flag Breaks, and Going Home Club. They aren't A+ animes but I did enjoy them and they are nice sets. I recommend Umineko for a blind buy. I bought it last year as a blind buy and it was entertaining for me.

Edit: Totally forgot about the free holiday card you get from them for every purchase you make. ;)
This sale is disappointing; they just matched Rightstuf prices and threw in an extra item. Might order A Lull in the Sea and Princess and Pilot and that's about it. I thought Torodora would be on sale.

Decent price on Hellsing but I really, really want them to have a complete edition.
Yeah, same feeling here. Especially since I have the first 4 DVDs already that Geneon put out. A nice inexpensive complete set would do the job nicely. I'm surprised there hasn't been one already. Maybe it isn't selling...

Haruhi Ultimate Collection is OOP now.
Wow, glad I snagged it last night.

Haruhi Ultimate Collection is OOP now.
Still available on Amazon for $92.50 and a bunch of other outlets, but it has been removed from the Funimation store too which is a bad sign. Link just goes to a page that says product now unavailable. It might be good idea for anyone that missed out but really wanted it to try and get it now before its too late even if they have to pay slightly more.

Here's the list for today all,

Mega Deal

Day 9

Big Windup! Season 2 DVD  - $24.99

Daily Sales

Day 9

A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd Blu-ray/DVD - $24.99
Ai no Kusabi The Space Between (2012) DVD - $9.99
Ai no Kusabi The Space Between Novel 5 Darkness - $4.03
Alien vs Ninja Blu-ray - $13.49
Alien vs Ninja Blu-ray/DVD - $11.24
Alien vs Ninja DVD - $11.24
Alley of First Love Manga - $4.99
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna Blu-ray - $24.49
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna DVD - $20.99
Animated Classics of Japanese Literature: Botchan/Student Days DVD - $3.99
Animated Classics of Japanese Literature Harp Burma/Season of the Sun DVD - $3.99
Big Windup Oofuri Season 1 DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $13.49
The Book of Bantorra Complete Collection Blu-ray - $34.99
The Book of Bantorra Collection 2 DVD - $13.99
The Book of Bantorra Complete Collection DVD - $27.99
Chrono Code Manga 01 - $3.99
Chrono Code Manga 02 - $3.99
Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon Collection 2 Blu-ray - $34.99
Cross Ange Rondo of Angel and Dragon Collection 2 DVD - $29.99
Cross Ange Rondo of Angels and Dragons Collection 1 Blu-ray - $34.99
Cross Ange Rondo of Angels and Dragons Collection 1 DVD - $29.99
Cruel Restaurant DVD - $3.99
D.Gray-man Season 1 Part 1 Blu-ray - $26.99
D.Gray-Man Season 1 DVD - $31.49
D.Gray-man Complete Season 1 DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $13.49
D.Gray-Man Season 2 DVD - $31.49
D.Gray-man Complete Season 2 DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $13.49
Destroy All Monsters Soundtrack CD - $1.99
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2Wei! Blu-ray - $31.49
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2Wei DVD - $26.99
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Blu-ray - $24.49
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya DVD - $20.99
FLCL Blu-ray Anime Classics - $20.24
FLCL DVD Anime Classics - $17.99
FLCL The Complete Manga Omnibus - $10.00
FLCL Novel 1 - $4.99
FLCL Novel 2 - $4.99
The Garden of Sinners -recalled out summer- Limited Edition Blu-ray - $49.98
Grave of the Fireflies Blu-ray Remastered Edition - $10.49
Grave of the Fireflies Remastered Edition DVD - $6.99
Gun X Sword CD Soundtrack 1 - $2.39
Gun X Sword CD Soundtrack 2 - $2.39
Gun X Sword Complete Series DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $13.49
Hiiro no Kakera The Tamayori Princess Saga Complete Series Blu-ray - $34.99
Hiiro no Kakera The Tamayori Princess Saga Complete Series DVD - $27.99
Hiiro no Kakera:The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 1 Blu-ray - $10.99
Hiiro no Kakera The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 1 DVD - $8.99
Hiiro no Kakera The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 2 Blu-ray - $10.99
Hiiro no Kakera The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 2 DVD - $8.99
Iceman Blu-ray - $14.99
Iceman DVD - $12.49
Ikki-Tousen (Season 1) DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $8.99
Ikki-Tousen Great Guardians (Season 3) DVD - $26.99
Ikki Tousen Great Guardians Season 3 SAVE Edition DVD - $14.99
Ikki-Tousen Xtreme Xecutor (Season 4) + OVA DVD - $26.99
Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor Season 4 SAVE Edition DVD - $14.99
Kiba Collection 2 DVD - $7.99
Ki-Gai DVD - $3.99
KimiKiss Pure Rouge Collection 1 DVD - $9.99
KimiKiss Pure Rouge Collection 2 DVD - $9.99
KimiKiss Pure Rouge Complete Collection DVD - $24.49
Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You Blu-ray/DVD Bundle - $109.99
Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You Set 1 Blu-ray/DVD - $38.99
Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You Set 2 Blu-ray/DVD - $38.99
Kimi ni Todoke From Me to You Set 3 Blu-ray/DVD - $38.99
Level E Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - $15.74
Log Horizon 2 Collection 1 Blu-ray - $31.49
Log Horizon 2 Collection 1 DVD - $26.99
Log Horizon 2 Collection 2 Blu-ray - $34.99
Log Horizon 2 Collection 2 DVD - $29.99
Log Horizon Collection 1 Blu-ray - $24.49
Log Horizon Collection 2 Blu-ray - $27.99
Log Horizon Collection 1 DVD - $20.99
Log Horizon Collection 2 DVD - $23.99
Maria Watches Over Us Season 1 DVD Litebox - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2 Printemps DVD Litebox - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us Season 3 DVD Litebox - $14.99
Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 DVD - $19.99
Maria Watches Over Us Season 4 DVD Litebox - $19.99
MM! Blu-ray - $24.49
MM DVD - $20.99
No. 6 Blu-ray - $24.49
No. 6 DVD - $20.99
Oblivion Island Haruka & the Magic Mirror Blu-ray/DVD - $11.24
Oblivion Island Haruka & the Magic Mirror DVD - $8.99
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Blu-ray - $24.49
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World DVD - $20.99
Rage of Bahamut Season 1 Blu-ray/DVD - $32.49
Rage of Bahamut Season 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - $42.49
Red Eye DVD - $1.99
Redrum 327 Manga 02 - $3.99
Redrum 327 Manga 03 - $3.99
Replica Manga 02 - $5.83
Samurai Jam Bakumatsu Rock Blu-ray - $23.99
Samurai Jam Bakumatsu Rock DVD   - $19.99
Script Downers Manga Volume 1 - $2.49
Slit-Mouthed Woman/Zombie Dead Double Feature DVD - $3.99
Speed Grapher Complete Series DVD S.A.V.E. Edition - $13.49
Speed Grapher Manga Volume 1 - $4.39
Speed Grapher Manga 02 - $4.39
Super Robot Wars Original Generation Divine Wars Complete Collection DVD - $19.99
Super Robot Wars Original Generation Complete Collection DVD - $14.98
Tactics Manga 01 - $3.99
Tactics Manga 02 - $3.99
Tactics Manga 04 - $3.99
Tactics Manga 05 - $3.99
Tactics Manga Volume 6 - $3.99
Tactics Manga 07 - $3.99
Tactics Manga Volume 8 - $3.99
Taxi Tonight DVD - $2.49
Tayutama Kiss on My Deity DVD - $13.99
Tazza The High Rollers Special Edition DVD - $10.50
Toward the Terra Movie Remastered DVD - $6.99
Trigun Badlands Rumble Blu-ray - $11.24
Trigun Badlands Rumble DVD - $8.99
Trigun: Multiple Bullets Manga - $7.00
Trigun Complete Series DVD Anime Classics - $17.99
Trigun Manga Omnibus - $10.00
Trigun Maximum Manga Omnibus 1 - $10.00
Trigun Maximum Manga Omnibus Volume 2 - $10.00
Trigun Maximum Manga Omnibus 3 - $10.00
Trigun Maximum Manga Omnibus 4 - $10.00
Trigun Maximum Manga Omnibus 05 - $10.00
Utawarerumono OVAs Blu-ray - $17.99
Utawarerumono OVA DVD - $13.49
What Did You Eat Yesterday Manga Volume 9 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday? Manga Volume 2 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday? Manga Volume 3 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday? Manga Volume 4 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday? Manga Volume 5 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday Manga Volume 6 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday? Manga Volume 7 - $6.48
What Did You Eat Yesterday Manga Volume 10 - $6.48
The Witch of Artemis Manga 01 - $4.39
World Break Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman Blu-ray/DVD   - $32.49

I checked Right Stuf before I went to bed last night and only saw the Mega Deal for the Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron! Churuya-san DVDs. Why did their homepage only show that and not the Ultimate Edition as well? Ugh! At least I could get it from Amazon for under $100.

What's the difference between normal season 1 and S.A.V.E edition for D.Gray-Man or in general? Very interested on buying them.

What's the difference between normal season 1 and S.A.V.E edition for D.Gray-Man or in general? Very interested on buying them.
The bluray part 1 doesn't have any other counter parts so it's incomplete of what funimation has released.
Both the $30 regular edition and the $13 save edition contain the exact same content just in different packaging. The save edition should be in a single DVD amaray case while the regular edition is probably in two thin cases put into a card board slip.

The bluray part 1 doesn't have any other counter parts so it's incomplete of what funimation has released.
Both the $30 regular edition and the $13 save edition contain the exact same content just in different packaging. The save edition should be in a single DVD amaray case while the regular edition is probably in two thin cases put into a card board slip.
So there's no real difference, just different packaging and price. I guess I will go with S.A.V.E edition.

Yeah, I know about the blu-ray not actually completing, which is a shame.

Yeah also very large green save symbol on packaging but they normally have a clean reverse cover. On the plus side funimation finally licensed the rest of the series plus the new series so we may see a complete collection bd and/or DVD collection at some point (if it's anything like code geass it'll be like 2-3 more years though)

Yeah also very large green save symbol on packaging but they normally have a clean reverse cover. On the plus side funimation finally licensed the rest of the series plus the new series so we may see a complete collection bd and/or DVD collection at some point (if it's anything like code geass it'll be like 2-3 more years though)
Which is why I am planning to buy them now. Thank you for your help.

May want to wait a year or two honestly. Funimation licensed the rights to the remaining episodes they never did and the new season. I would expect them to re-release it all in a compilation in a year or two. Also probably on blu-ray. That's my plan at least.

May want to wait a year or two honestly. Funimation licensed the rights to the remaining episodes they never did and the new season. I would expect them to re-release it all in a compilation in a year or two. Also probably on blu-ray. That's my plan at least.
You have a point there. Hm, I will continue to think over. I think I should wait. I should grab other stuff from them however.

Another day, another list of titles I will consider:

Alien vs. Ninja

Gun X Sword

Level E

Red Eye

Samurai Jam Bakumatsu Rock

Slit-Mouthed Woman/Zombie Dead Double Feature

Super Robot Wars

Not even that. The non-S.A.V.E. set is in a regular amaray case too.

Not even that. The non-S.A.V.E. set is in a regular amaray case too.
From what I remember, those non-SAVE sets are actually the cardboard, with the two thin pack dvd cases, or at least that's how they were released originally. If they changed to regular DVD cases then I'm not aware of when that happened.

But the ones you've seen that has an actual cover might just be the SAVE edition cover flipped inside out since that set has a reversible cover, so it may make it seem like it's the a non-SAVE set.

I know this isn't about anime (just insert a random anime Blu-ray title), but I want to warn you about Amazon. I ordered Rick abd Morty Season. 2 last night for $24. Today it is $15. So I went to chat to get an adjustment. I was told that they didnt adjust anymore and I couldn't cancel it so I'd have to order it again and return the other one.

This makes me mad because I remember when they prices matched something within a week. Im surprised they changed this policy...

I know this isn't about anime (just insert a random anime Blu-ray title), but I want to warn you about Amazon. I ordered Rick abd Morty Season. 2 last night for $24. Today it is $15. So I went to chat to get an adjustment. I was told that they didnt adjust anymore and I couldn't cancel it so I'd have to order it again and return the other one.

This makes me mad because I remember when they prices matched something within a week. Im surprised they changed this policy...
They've changed that a long time ago.

I guess it's been awhile since you've tried to get something adjusted. :D

Yeah that's super frustrating.  But I get it.  With the magnitude of business that they do, Amazon would be spending thousands of hours a week responding to people's price adjustment requests.  They offer many other conveniences though.  And at least you still have the option to return the item and rebuy it, if you want to do so.

It's always nice to have a reminder about various retailer policies like this one.  

The only reason retailers like Target and Best Buy have relented on their price adjustment policies in the last couple of years is because they know that people can just return and rebuy things if they wanted the savings.  Retailers hate it.  It's lost money and it's time consuming.  However, the adjustment process has become quick and easy at both those stores, but only just recently. 

bread's done
Back