Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I also recommend Kamisama Dolls. It'll probably never get the second season it deserves, but I loved that show. Can also watch it on Crunchyroll.
i second this. its a fun show and sadly ends right at the good part though if i had to pick terrible endings that end right at the good part, im not anything will ever top corpse princess. the only real complaint i have is the stupid oversized boob girl. seriously japan....HH sized boobs are not funny and its not even like shes a joke character. and no this isnt a spoiler you see her in the first episode within minutes.

to piggypack onto other conversations....yes i too want a third season of GitS....hilariously enough years ago i had a dream where i was watching season 3 of the show and i loved it....i got to like episode 3 before i realized it was a dream and was like fucking damnit and woke up having to pee. i dont remember the plot anymore....other than i loved it.

but yeah....solid state society is technically season 3. i hope it finally gets a true season 3 though and i want to pick up off of solid state society. this is one of those shows that i never understood how it got cancelled. and call me crazy but i enjoyed season 2 a little more than season 1. i enjoyed the character development that progressed and carried over into season 2. the tachikomas especially have the best character development ever. the tachikomas are easily the best robots in fiction without question. heres hoping the live action movie is good and we finally get a true season 3. as its still in my top 5 shows ever after all this time.

i even have some of the impossible to find blue plush tachikomas....the yellows can be found but not the blues for some unknown reason.

and i second the good thoughts on from the new world....its an amazing show.

I've been watching Cardcaptor Sakura and that show is cute. Really fun to watch and the thing with Tomoyo is goofy, but fine. Her thing for Yukito is pretty tame and normal. I like it how she pretty much takes the lead in the show, unlike Tsubasa Chronicles where she's more of a damsel in distress (except for that one OVA).

I'd be all over HxH if only I didn't anticipate more complete sets down the line. I know it may be years but I can wait. Love the show but don't want to get screwed over like I did with YYH. Bought the DVDs (the 8 "parts") and then the Blus came out like two years later before I could even finish rewatching them.

I'd be all over HxH if only I didn't anticipate more complete sets down the line. I know it may be years but I can wait. Love the show but don't want to get screwed over like I did with YYH. Bought the DVDs (the 8 "parts") and then the Blus came out like two years later before I could even finish rewatching them.
I agree. It's a shame how the people that support the industry are the ones constantly getting screwed. Between paying 2-4x as much series volumes, or publishers not following suit on subsequent packaging for the series, it's a pain the ass being an early adopter.

I agree. It's a shame how the people that support the industry are the ones constantly getting screwed. Between paying 2-4x as much series volumes, or publishers not following suit on subsequent packaging for the series, it's a pain the ass being an early adopter.
though thats hardly unique to this industry. day 1 folks are always the beta testers who pay more, no matter the industry or product. its just the way it is. new consoles for example always cost more at first then eventually they figure out to make a cheaper better slim version.

we appreciate you though. without you many more series would be cancelled before they fulled released ^^;

*looks at hunter x hunter part one on shelf./*

Just a reminder that the Barnes and Noble B2G1 for manga goes through Monday (1/16).  There's also 15% off one item good online and in-store through Monday.  Online code is "BNJAN17".

So I ended up going against my better CAG judgment and bought the Aniplexs America releases and man was it pricey I gotta make sure to get them as they come out next time instead of all at once aniplexs is too damn expensive to buy all at once.

So I ended up going against my better CAG judgment and bought the Aniplexs America releases and man was it pricey I gotta make sure to get them as they come out next time instead of all at once aniplexs is too damn expensive to buy all at once.
I know how you feel. I bought the Aniplex Fate sets last year in one go. It wasn't kind to my wallet at all.

I know how you feel. I bought the Aniplex Fate sets last year in one go. It wasn't kind to my wallet at all.
so far I have durara from the UK ($30) and blue exorcist from austrialia ($35) sword art online kind of sucks everywhere so I haven't gotten that one yet even though I want it. Fate zero will be on my list eventually. as I am mostly testing places to import from at this point before I go crazy.

Amazon has the new Fairy Tail Collection 6 for $36 on pre-order. That's a reasonable price for the 26 or so episodes you get (granted I believe there's a filler story in there, but the filler in FT is usually decent).

best buy has their visa checkout deal back.

spend $100 and get $25 off with visa check out.

1 time per account (actually enforced this time)

will work on pretty much anything including video game preorders  or anime :p

best buy has their visa checkout deal back.

spend $100 and get $25 off with visa check out.

1 time per account (actually enforced this time)

will work on pretty much anything including video game preorders or anime :p
I'm not seeing the offer anything special I need to do?

Nvm I need a cart topped to hit 100 before tax

I almost exhausted my anime wish list between xmas and the last BestBuy/Visa Checkout deal. Picked up War on Geminar blu-ray + FT Collection 7. Added in a filler for the difference. Think they are both out end of March so that works out nicely. Another thing to consider would be the GiTS blu-rays coming out as well. I figure they'll go on sale so I didn't grab them in this deal. War on Geminar though was at a really high price for a long time, so this should be a nice opportunity to snag it for a good price. Also, BB matched amazon who matched rightstuf, so it's pretty cheap!

i should have updated... it was enforced by allowing the discount only once per account, but that seems to have failed again and now is able to be used multiple times again lol.
...I think I'll hold off on buying more, though Dennoh Coil @ $75 is really, really tempting. How much was it during the Sentai sales?

...I think I'll hold off on buying more, though Dennoh Coil @ $75 is really, really tempting. How much was it during the Sentai sales?
i got it for $69.98 shipped with a bonus blind box item from the right stuf sale.

it wasn't part of the sentai sale that I saw.

which reminds me I should see if there is something I want to use stuffbucks on

So I got my replacement discs for code Geass Blu-ray collection.
NCT0xm7.jpg

Do you see any issue with this?

That reminds me, I got the Code Geass collection from Rightstuf after the restock, but the discs were never fixed in production, right?

Is it possible those are the only discs with problems? I haven't bothered with the recall/fix since I'll never listen to it fully dubbed. 

Is it possible those are the only discs with problems? I haven't bothered with the recall/fix since I'll never listen to it fully dubbed.
If they were the same discs DVD and Blu-ray I might beleive that. Also I have seen people complain about the quality of the lable for there replacement discs being washed out and they provide pictures of 4bd discs so yeah funimation screwed it up for some

Rightstuf has a Discotek sale w/ promo code DISCO17.

Magic Knight Rayearth Blu is down to $59.97 as a result. I'm hesitant to bite since this will be my third time buying the series and don't want to get screwed over like the time I pre-ordered the Haruhi ultimate collection or helped fund the Escaflowne KS. I do recall Discotek stuff being cheaper through sites like DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet since that's where I bought Fatal Fury and Samurai Troopers from, but anyone remember better deals for their releases?

Please enlighten me why you would want to purchase MKR on blu ray, as even when you take into account for its age, the animation is STILL bad. (still a good show, though)

Please enlighten me why you would want to purchase MKR on blu ray, as even when you take into account for its age, the animation is STILL bad. (still a good show, though)
Cuz of dat opening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN17nfpgac8

Are we supposed to get an email when they ship the replacement Code Geass discs? I didn't get one.

I refuse to buy those SAVE sets. Merely because of the green label. ugly af
But they usually come with a reversible cover that doesn't have the green label...

Not a SAVE set, but I see they're finally releasing Scrapped Princess on Blu.

I refuse to buy those SAVE sets. Merely because of the green label. ugly af
You know I used to feel the same way until I finally found out that the covers on them are reversible and don't have the fugly green banner/label on the other side. Now they don't bug me at all. You flip the insert and it looks like any other regular blu ray. So the S.A.V.E. sets are alright with me.

I only want to buy Rayearth on Blu so I have the definitive edition. That and for nostalgia's sake. I don't buy anime for the animation quality. BECK is probably one of the best examples. I really liked the show but there are folks who wouldn't give it a chance based on looks alone. A ton of people said One Piece was bad as well because of character designs and look at it now.

Anywho, I also had no idea the SAVE sets has alternate covers. Now I'm kind of inclined to pick up Shana.

You know I used to feel the same way until I finally found out that the covers on them are reversible and don't have the fugly green banner/label on the other side. Now they don't bug me at all. You flip the insert and it looks like any other regular blu ray. So the S.A.V.E. sets are alright with me.
just checked one of my sets. Had no clue. thanks

I only have two S.A.V.E. sets in my collection, both are DVD, and ironically they are two of the few titles that did not come with the reversible covers... one is Le Chevalier D'Eon; I forget what the other one is, I'd have to dig a bit since I don't keep my anime DVDs out on my media shelves anymore, as Blu-rays have now taken over the very few shelves I had of DVDs. 

LOL! nice one. I believe her wish was a bit more complicated than that :p I grabbed that SAVE set as part of one of the Best Buy sales some time back. Glad it came out in SAVE as it was way too expensive for the # of episodes before.
Don't forget how it's not even a complete story, and just an advertisement for the manga (I hate anime like that, though I did still enjoy watching it)

bread's done
Back