Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email to [email protected] saying which set I purchased, and that I wanted to get the replacement discs.

I gave them

1) My name and address

2) The FN number from the set (this can be found on the spine of the LE case, towards the bottom; FN-#####)

3) A screenshot of my Amazon Invoice (order details ->view invoice)

I also made it a point to mention Blu Ray every time I referred to the discs to try and prevent getting mailed out DVDs.

It's not exactly anime, but Barnes and Noble has Batman: TAS for $12 a season both in-store and online. I just impulse bought the entire series for $48. I know it's free on Amazon Video with Prime but I couldn't resist owning it all physically for a little over $50 with tax.

It's not exactly anime, but Barnes and Noble has Batman: TAS for $12 a season both in-store and online. I just impulse bought the entire series for $48. I know it's free on Amazon Video with Prime but I couldn't resist owning it all physically for a little over $50 with tax.
not anime at all

Thanks for posting such an awesome deal! I'm gonna have to pick these up. Just spotted them for $15 each at Toys R' Us, so I'm glad I waited.

And this deal is perfectly valid in this forum. Numerous BTAS episodes were animated by Spectrum Animation in Japan.

would buy.

I remember buying the The Batman S1 - 5 for $5 a piece at Best Buy a few years back. No regrets.

Thanks. I've been meaning to pick this up for quite awhile, but I never seemed to be able to get it for $50 or less.

My replacement Code Geass discs came in the mail today. Only took a week from when I first contacted them. I thought they'd want the mono discs, but I don't see anything saying to send them back.

I guess I'll just add it to the pile with my UK Durarara set and my Baka and Test extras disc.

My replacement Code Geass discs came in the mail today. Only took a week from when I first contacted them. I thought they'd want the mono discs, but I don't see anything saying to send them back.

I guess I'll just add it to the pile with my UK Durarara set and my Baka and Test extras disc.
You don't have to send them back. I sold mine on my ebay page. You could do the same.

Sentai having another sale on their website.  Doesn't look like some of the regular edition blus are priced all that great but the prices on the CE's are good with some of the more recent releases on sale.

Amagi Brilliant Park $57.99

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon $52.99

No Game No Life $51.99

My Love Story $63.99

Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun $41.99

Shipping is free over $50 and they use rightstuf as their distributor.

Nice, I missed this announcement (or forgot about it :p). It's a little less at BB and I had some RZ certs, so I got it there for a few bucks ^_^ I glad they stuck with an LE version for the collection so it matches the others.

Sentai having another sale on their website. Doesn't look like some of the regular edition blus are priced all that great but the prices on the CE's are good with some of the more recent releases on sale.

Amagi Brilliant Park $57.99

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon $52.99

No Game No Life $51.99

My Love Story $63.99

Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun $41.99

Shipping is free over $50 and they use rightstuf as their distributor.
Wow, that's a great price for My Love Story when it's normally $200. Also, I need to never pre-order a sentai CE again. I didn't order My Love Story, but I could have saved quite a bit on some of their other releases -_-

Just want to note for those of us who don't live on the continental US that shipping isn't free if you live in Hawaii or Alaska... unless you have a very generous friend who will accept the box for you and forward it. Since I have this problem, I'm going to just wait for the Xmas sale and buy a bunch then. Chepeast shipping option is like $18. If Amagi drops to $35, buying it for $53 doesn't seem bad at all.

It's really strange, though, because if they use RS as their distributor, RS ships to all 50 states for free. Wish RS would feature these deep discounts once in a while.

Just got an update from Amazon saying my Outlaw Star CE is finally on it's way. This was after they randomly changed my shipping date a few days ago to sometime next week

Just got an update from Amazon saying my Outlaw Star CE is finally on it's way. This was after they randomly changed my shipping date a few days ago to sometime next week
Mine didn't ship from Rightstuf until today, which is kind of weird for preorders from there. Wonder if it was something on Funimation's end.

Quick question, if I pre-order from rightstuf and they somehow lost the price, do they change it like Amazon or do you have to cancel your order and reorder the item to get that price? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They won't automatically change any prices. Though if something you preorder goes on sale before it gets sent out, just contact them via chat and they'll usually change the price for you.

Mine didn't ship from Rightstuf until today, which is kind of weird for preorders from there. Wonder if it was something on Funimation's end.
I think you're right and it was indeed some mess up on Funimation's part. The CE is now OoS on Funimation's own website, but can be had through Amazon (now at the increased price of $90) or, like you got it, through Righstuf for $73. Maybe they underestimated the demand from 3rd party retailers?

What are the odds of the Erased manga ever going any lower than they are now ($22.49 @ Rightstuf)? I'm not very optimistic since it's a hardcover.
Maybe during the Rightstuf anniversary sale in July

or when Barnes and Noble does a But 2 Get 1 Free on manga they sometimes do (although that usually doesn't count toward preorders).

Funny enough, I was at Barnes & Noble this evening and saw that there was a B2G1 sale going on, and they had both volumes on the shelf. But there isn't any other $30 manga I want..

Oh it's digital. I was about to say. I was wondering because the casual tone for a $17 bundle for 45 volumes. I was like, "Wait, isn't this like a steal?" Now I understand.

From my understanding AnimePoko likes to list goods that they don't have as "in stock" and then tries to get the item leading to you maybe or maybe not getting the item (usually not) in weeks/months.  They also have garbage/nonexistent customer service so good luck getting the item cancelled in time.  They will keep telling you its "on the way" and everything is fine so they can keep your money as long as possible or hope you forget/give up.  

I forgot what I wanted from them, but I have heard negative comments about that, so I avoid it. Reading that post, that sounds brutal.

Apparently the new Ranma set will not have the 12th OVA. I messaged Viz on facebook and got this reply:

"Thank you very much for your interest in Ranma 1/2 OVA and Movies Set. Ranma 1/2: Nightmare! Incense of Spring Sleep will not be included in this Set. Ranma 1/2: Nightmare! Incense of Spring Sleep will not be included in this Set as the Set has been created to match the original Japanese release. If anything changes and we do release NIghtmare! Incense of Spring Sleep, we'll let fans know."

Kind of a shame really. I guess they had to copy the japanese release to the dot.

deepdiscount is having their 15% off everything code again, BAYWATCH. I know people around here hate them but I've never had problems. Thinking about getting Big O for $36.54, unless it's cheaper somewhere else?

Cool may get but I think you mean Canada not Japan
Easy mistake with the healthcare thingy and all.

So is this all the manga in one book?

Edit: Yes it appears to be, asides from volume 18, which sounds like the start of a spin-off? Either way, on order. Didn't use the FX converter on Amazon, better to let my bank do it.

bread's done
Back