Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Nozomi Kickstarter campaign to "Dub ALL of Aria" ended tonight with 2648 backers and $595,676 in pledges - a good finish and a pretty crazy pledge period this last month, with all the additional "Plus" tiers opening up for each sequential season once the stretch goals for the previous season were met. I ended up going for the most popular pledge level of Prima Triple Plus for all 3 seasons and the OVAs in the exclusive chipboard box, plus the extra $60 for the Hardcover Guidebook. There goes all my money, lol... The Dark Lord also held a live stream event for an hour after the campaign ended to celebrate the success of the Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation

I don't really care that much for the series itself, but I still wanted to support Shawne of Rightstuf and Ann Yamamoto of Pied Piper in their Kickstarter - and I had fun participating in all the madness, too!
There are too many reward tiers and it's too damn complicated. Hopefully they just sell a collector's edition of the entire series on Rightstuf.

There are too many reward tiers and it's too damn complicated. Hopefully they just sell a collector's edition of the entire series on Rightstuf.
No, there will not be any Collector's Edition of Aria released at retail, it was specifically stated that only the individual standard Blu-ray sets will be released to the public, sometime in 2019. The Collector's box set and the hardcover coffee table guidebook are/were exclusive to the Kickstarter.

this is not currently a deal, but a heads up that it will likely be a good deal in the next year or two :p

Sentai Filmworks announced on Monday that it will gradually phase out DVDs from its product lineup by 2019. However, the company will offer DVD releases for second or third seasons of titles that it has already released on DVD.

The company will release older titles on DVD that have no existing Blu-ray Disc materials. Sentai Filmworks will design future premium box sets to house Blu-ray Discs only.

The company is running a "DVD-to-Blu-ray (#DVD2BD)" promotion that is offering a free Blu-ray Disc player to people who spend at least US$299 on products through its online store. The promotion launched on Monday, and it will end on September 30.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-09-18/sentai-filmworks-to-phase-out-dvds-by-2019/.121502

I figure that this won't effect most people in here as I think most people that aren't me have gone blu ray only.

I suppose deal wise if you spend $300 on their store you get a free blu ray player :p

actually I take it back apparently all DVDs are 70% off which make some of their more recent releases to a really good price.

food wars is $24

Ushio and Tora is $30

Gate is $24

Monster Girls is $18

About frickin' time... I will be totally thrilled once DVD and especially Combo Packs are a thing of the past, and CE/PE/LE Blu-ray releases will be Blu-ray only, as they should be - just like Japanese releases. A big Hallelujah to that... 

Only thing is, then they'll probably start doing Blu-Ray/4K combo packs at some point instead, lol...

I think they should make it a free region-free blu ray player, as a gigantic middle finger to AOA.
I really can't figure out what blu ray player it is. I imagine something cheap but if it was a decent one I would be more motivated to buy a bunch and flip them on amazon lol.

as it is I will likely put in like a $150 order just for myself as in general I don't care DVD vs blu ray as my upscalers on my computer work really well on anime and thus I rarely can tell a difference between a dvd playing through my computer and a blu ray on my PS4 lol.

Thank god they are doing away with DVDs...I bought Chuunibyo and just found out it's coming out on blu-ray, making me want to sell it off immediately.

btw - No Game, No Life Zero is showing in local theatres (thanks Sentai email reminder!) subbed on Oct 5th, dubbed on Oct 8th. Definitely going Oct 5th despite having a deadline the next day. fuck work! :D

this is not currently a deal, but a heads up that it will likely be a good deal in the next year or two :p

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-09-18/sentai-filmworks-to-phase-out-dvds-by-2019/.121502

I figure that this won't effect most people in here as I think most people that aren't me have gone blu ray only.

I suppose deal wise if you spend $300 on their store you get a free blu ray player :p

actually I take it back apparently all DVDs are 70% off which make some of their more recent releases to a really good price.

food wars is $24

Ushio and Tora is $30

Gate is $24

Monster Girls is $18
It's about time, DVDs are gross. I guess they can be used as coasters.

I think they should make it a free region-free blu ray player, as a gigantic middle finger to AOA.
Totally agree. Unfortunately, they don't seem to list the model of the blu-ray player they are giving out. It could be a $20 player for all anyone knows.

I'm not entirely certain how to feel about this. On the one hand, Sentai has a rather great sale going on for all the DVD-only releases still in stock, and not a bad BD player as the $300 order promo offer item. On the other hand, have to buy new tires for the new(to me) car that I was just forced into buying after some jack ass in a Toyota SUV mistakenly mashed the accelerator pedal instead of his brake pedal totaling the S-Class Mercedes I'd only purchased ten weeks prior. His insurance coverage sadly didn't quite imburse me enough cash to buy the same model car in that pristine of condition again so instead of a nice all black Chicago Gangland Historied S500 with heated leather seats, moon roof, quality Michelin tires, and utterly useless car phone that probably was used to call many a mob hit. Had to settle with what the insurance money could get me though, and all the insurance money could get me is a white 400 SEL with brown non-heated leather seats, no working radio, and somewhat dry rotted tires.

No really, this is likely just me ranting because BD is so vastly inferior to HD-DVD and not happy that companies were so easily willing to be bought off in this format war instead of allowing we the consumers to decide which format would succeed DVD. Certainly this wasn't how the CED, BetaMax, VHS, LD, Hi8, format wars played out and everything turned out just fine in those monumental clashes without company A paying company B behind closed doors to boycott format X.

Guess I should get back to figuring out what to order from Sentai in this sale, ooooh PSO2 The Animation, score!

OMG, the Blu-ray / HD-DVD war still exists... better start waving all those confederate flags around, too...   :lol:

I'm not entirely certain how to feel about this. On the one hand, Sentai has a rather great sale going on for all the DVD-only releases still in stock, and not a bad BD player as the $300 order promo offer item. On the other hand, have to buy new tires for the new(to me) car that I was just forced into buying after some jack ass in a Toyota SUV mistakenly mashed the accelerator pedal instead of his brake pedal totaling the S-Class Mercedes I'd only purchased ten weeks prior. His insurance coverage sadly didn't quite imburse me enough cash to buy the same model car in that pristine of condition again so instead of a nice all black Chicago Gangland Historied S500 with heated leather seats, moon roof, quality Michelin tires, and utterly useless car phone that probably was used to call many a mob hit. Had to settle with what the insurance money could get me though, and all the insurance money could get me is a white 400 SEL with brown non-heated leather seats, no working radio, and somewhat dry rotted tires. <sigh>

No really, this is likely just me ranting because BD is so vastly inferior to HD-DVD and not happy that companies were so easily willing to be bought off in this format war instead of allowing we the consumers to decide which format would succeed DVD. Certainly this wasn't how the CED, BetaMax, VHS, LD, Hi8, format wars played out and everything turned out just fine in those monumental clashes without company A paying company B behind closed doors to boycott format X.

Guess I should get back to figuring out what to order from Sentai in this sale, ooooh PSO2 The Animation, score!
You drive a Mercedes 500 but you won't buy a BD player? What in the actual fuck.

Certainly this wasn't how the CED, BetaMax, VHS, LD, Hi8, format wars played out and everything turned out just fine in those monumental clashes without company A paying company B behind closed doors to boycott format X.
Laserdisc > every format. I think I still have one anime on Hi 8 (Video 8) format...maybe Voltron?

Speaking of DVDs, Amazon has FMA: Brotherhood - Complete Collection One DVD for $47.23. It's temporarily out of stock but you can still add to cart.

btw - No Game, No Life Zero is showing in local theatres (thanks Sentai email reminder!) subbed on Oct 5th, dubbed on Oct 8th. Definitely going Oct 5th despite having a deadline the next day. fuck work! :D
To add to this, Fandango is having a buy1get1 free if you order a ticket this weekend with visa checkout. Promo code is DEALSTHATCLICK9.

PS.
I ordered some tickets with friends but we have an odd number of people so if someone in the new york area wanted to get a ticket for the Sunday(Eng Dub) Oct 8th 12:55pm viewing at Regal Union 14, and you want a ticket on the cheap, hit me up.

Does anybody know if this Kino's Journey:

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/products/kinos-journey-2017-complete-collection

is different from the original series? I remember hearing that it was getting a new adaptation, and this one says 2017.
That's just the re-release of the old series that originally released under ADV. The new one doesn't even start airing until 10/6/17:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35079/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World_-_The_Animated_Series

Oh, thanks.

I wish they had some decent filler on the site; my cart is four cents away from free shipping. But most of the cheap stuff is buttons or OVA's of shows I haven't seen.

Does anyone know if Funi has announced the license for the Tokyo Ghoul OVAs? I'm looking at getting the All The Anime set from the UK, but I don't want to grab that if Funi has a release in the pipeline.

Can anyone tell me just how low the Gundam Blu-rays go when on sale? I'm not interested in the Gundam Wing box set purely because it looks like it'll take up a ton of room and just want to get the singles. I find it kind of absurd that the MSRP for Endless Waltz is over $35. Figured a movie release should be around $25 at most.

Can anyone tell me just how low the Gundam Blu-rays go when on sale? I'm not interested in the Gundam Wing box set purely because it looks like it'll take up a ton of room and just want to get the singles. I find it kind of absurd that the MSRP for Endless Waltz is over $35. Figured a movie release should be around $25 at most.
I think the target buy 2 get 1 free deal has been the best. Came out to about $30-40 depending on what you got.

I think the target buy 2 get 1 free deal has been the best. Came out to about $30-40 depending on what you got.
Though it ended up being a good deal, I will never pre-order that many items from Target again. They just continually re-authorize your card every week until the items ship so I had several hundred dollars of pending charges for like six months after that last B2G1 sale.

What I like > what other people like
Not really the thrust of the current conversation. Macross is roughly analogous to Robotech. It's more a matter of preferring the original Japanese version compared to the heavily edited and altered western version. A common refrain in anime fandom.

And for the record, I do not rate medieval fantasy above giant robots. Love me some giant robots.

bread's done
Back