Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The orange bricks shared many of the same problems. You're literally comparing two negatives and claiming a positive.
As I said I have only ever seen DBZ with the orange brick sets. So for me doing a comparison between the orange bricks and blu-ray makes sense as the blu-ray set is basically an upgrade from those. There is a noticeable improvement so no I'm not comparing two negatives. That is great that you have an opinion and you don't like the orange brick sets mostly because of the aspect ratio I assume but not everyone cares about that. So if you don't care about the aspect ratio then my comparison is valid. If you don't like the blu-ray set then don't buy it and wait for a different release if you so choose. It is still a good deal overall.

if by "good" you mean shit then sure. They zoom in, cut the tops and bottoms off the frame and sell it to people who don't know better. If you willingly buy these releases you are merely supporting bad anime practices and letting them get away with it. just ignoring the aspect ratio doesn't mean it's not there. ridiculous.

The people for whom the sets' specs are a deal breaker (A) were never going to buy them in the first place.

The people that it doesn't bother (B) are not going to start caring just because group A says they should.

Don't expect me to pay a super premium when we're on a site called Cheapassgamer and in a thread called Anime Steal and Deals.

For me. This set is good cuz I could care less. But okay. 

Same, but it's still on rightstuf's site. Kind of pissed. At the point where they just aren't going to get my money.
I noticed just a short while ago that it's now sold out on Rightstuf. Thank god I re-preordered it with them right after Amazon cancelled on me. Jesus effing christ, what a miserable debacle this has been.

I cancelled my Utena CE order in early December, so I could purchase the three OOP NISA Premium sets of Natsume's Book of Friends instead. Now I'm glad I did, so I didn't have to go through all this mess with Utena. I really wasn't interested with the series anyway. I have the DVD LE Box sets I'll most likely want to get rid of, too. 

I cancelled my Utena CE order in early December, so I could purchase the three OOP NISA Premium sets of Natsume's Book of Friends instead. Now I'm glad I did, so I didn't have to go through all this mess with Utena. I really wasn't interested with the series anyway. I have the DVD LE Box sets I'll most likely want to get rid of, too.
I've never seen it before, so it seemed like a relatively low-cost entry point for the # of episodes. I'll just have to see how it all shakes out in the end and whether I can ultimately buy it later on at a reasonable price.

Would you say it's a "bare-bones" sale?
tenor.gif

I know they had a sale not too long ago, but is it better that last one. It was pretty average.
The sale is alittle better than the last recent one. Only two things caught my eye really, the 4 pack poster set for Made in Abyss is $15 and Big O blu-ray is 39.99. I bought the poster pack for 18 before then it went up to 25, now its 15. All the box sets are 50% off and majority of the stuff is 50% off. There's a few that are 60% off but none really caught my eye.

someone went down to the NisA warehouse and realized they had a bunch of stuff piled up including anime and put it on sale.

https://store.nisamerica.com/prinny-sale?utm_source=NISA+Online+Store+Customers&utm_campaign=3eb93a55ab-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e308e5c3f-3eb93a55ab-152026017

it's been so long since I looked at nis anime I can't remember if these are good prices lol.

sadly a lull in the sea premium isn't on sale but I might bite for $42 on the dvds.
Ah another Lull in the Sea fan! I liked that series. I'm also struggling with that. Why are blu-ray only premium editions? This concept feels 10-years behind the times. I'm also pondering Hanasaku Iroha, but can't recall how much I liked it. That alone probably tells me I should stay away.

someone went down to the NisA warehouse and realized they had a bunch of stuff piled up including anime and put it on sale.

https://store.nisamerica.com/prinny-sale?utm_source=NISA+Online+Store+Customers&utm_campaign=3eb93a55ab-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_27&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e308e5c3f-3eb93a55ab-152026017

it's been so long since I looked at nis anime I can't remember if these are good prices lol.

sadly a lull in the sea premium isn't on sale but I might bite for $42 on the dvds.
I remembered earlier that I had quite a lot of rewards points piled up with NISA, so ended up ordering tonight. :D

$42.99 - A Lull in the Sea Complete Series Standard Edition Bundle (DVD)
$42.98 - Pandora Hearts Vol 1 & 2 Standard Edition Set (DVD)
$26.99 - Our Home's Fox Deity Vol 1 & 2 Standard Edition Set
$FREE - S&H (CAG Approved!)
-
$112.96 - sub-total
-$25.35 - Reward Points Used (Sweet!)
total: $87.61

Caught the first four or five episodes on YouTube (bootlegged obviously) of A Lull in the Sea and found it to be a really interesting series. Pandora Hearts has been on my radar ever since it released, but it never turns up used that it doesn't end up selling for nearly retail price, yikes! And, Our Home's Fox Deity was almost free after using my reward's points. Quite agree it's silly that the premium edition of A Lull in the Sea is three times the price of the standard edition on DVD.

I remembered earlier that I had quite a lot of rewards points piled up with NISA, so ended up ordering tonight. :D

-
$112.96 - sub-total

Caught the first four or five episodes on YouTube (bootlegged obviously) of A Lull in the Sea and found it to be a really interesting series. Pandora Hearts has been on my radar ever since it released, but it never turns up used that it doesn't end up selling for nearly retail price, yikes! And, Our Home's Fox Deity was almost free after using my reward's points. Quite agree it's silly that the premium edition of A Lull in the Sea is three times the price of the standard edition on DVD.
I hope you paid with PayPal...

I think that slash at the end of your url link is messing it up.

Working link: http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/203791/ReZERO-Starting-Life-in-Another-World-Season-One-Part-One-BDDVD-Combo-Limited-Edition

so funimation announced a collectors edition for Re:zero and crunchy has it on sale for preorder hat "half" off

TiGqgLT.png

https://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/203791/ReZERO-Starting-Life-in-Another-World-Season-One-Part-One-BDDVD-Combo-Limited-Edition\

$47.49 shipped for me.

I keep hearing that Re:ZERO is really good Isekei.  I'm looking forward to watching this on BD.  Ordering one. 

FYI it charges your CC at the time of pre-order. The box set is due out in June. 

-
$112.96 - sub-total

Beware of Pandora Hearts. The DVD has a film grain added to it because the director thought it would be "cool" compared to the TV broadcast where it wasn't included. Really kills the quality IMO.

$50.89 for me. It's only in two parts, right? It's not going to be like 4 volumes, like the JP version?
yeah should just be two parts.

$4+ / episode? Pass...I'll wait for it to be in a compilation at a reasonable price. Not like I haven't already seen it.
I mean it's the collectors edition. the regular version will be cheaper :p

we going back to how anime was sold back in the old days. LOL.
nah... funi has released series in 12-13 episode chunked since like 2010

Like a lot of similar series, I found the worst thing about Re:zero to be the main character.
I think he is fine, I understand disliking him, but you are supposed to dislike him at times.
Like a lot of similar series, I found the worst thing about Re:zero to be the main character.

Was excited until I saw it was just the first 12 eps...

Decent extras though.

Still no confirmation of season 2. Supposedly there is enough source in the light novels for it.

I think he is fine, I understand disliking him, but you are supposed to dislike him at times.
He was fine for awhile, but towards the end he just became too much of a creepy stalker kind of character. Definitely not a bad series though, I just thought he was the weakest part.

Beware of Pandora Hearts. The DVD has a film grain added to it because the director thought it would be "cool" compared to the TV broadcast where it wasn't included. Really kills the quality IMO.
Ooooh, thanks for the heads up. Kino's Journey was visually a bit distracting because of the added texturing effect, still was a good series even if I didn't much care for the abruptness of the ending.

He was fine for awhile, but towards the end he just became too much of a creepy stalker kind of character. Definitely not a bad series though, I just thought he was the weakest part.
I totally get how you can feel that way. I guess my view on him is that he was actually the central, pivotal part of the show that made it great. His transformation from happy-go-lucky to gradually terrorized by his inability to explain his situation and constantly getting screwed, then basically going nuts from the stress of it all and finally making a (heroic) recovery. You may feel like he just sucks because of how he handled some of the situations, but to me it helped me empathize with what he was going through and make him feel like a real person, even if I thought that he did stupid shit from time to time.

I totally get how you can feel that way. I guess my view on him is that he was actually the central, pivotal part of the show that made it great. His transformation from happy-go-lucky to gradually terrorized by his inability to explain his situation and constantly getting screwed, then basically going nuts from the stress of it all and finally making a (heroic) recovery. You may feel like he just sucks because of how he handled some of the situations, but to me it helped me empathize with what he was going through and make him feel like a real person, even if I thought that he did stupid shit from time to time.
plus as long as you assume his obsession with Emilia is due to the witch's curse most of his actions make sense.

plus as long as you assume his obsession with Emilia is due to the witch's curse most of his actions make sense.
I have lots of theories around what's going on with that curse, but I'm not necessarily sold that his attraction to her is due to that. He is a shut-in after all.

I have lots of theories around what's going on with that curse, but I'm not necessarily sold that his attraction to her is due to that. He is a shut-in after all.
i mean... logically if he was just desperate because of being a shut in he would run off with the girl that wants to be with him :p

Yeah I paid roughly $30 apiece for a couple of those Street Fighter II The animated series VHS tapes in 1997.  There were 3 episodes per tape.

~Gonna burn some muscle~

bread's done
Back