Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have some of my anime vhs somewhere.  It's funny since I don't have a vcr anymore.  I think the only reason I held on to them is that Final Fantasy OVA that never got a dvd release.

lol, was dead by 7:30 PDT when I saw the email. Some deal of the day.

I didn't even realize til this thread that the prices I saw weren't the deal prices, since it still says Deal of the Day for me. And I just thought the deals were shit.

Edit: Actually, I'm looking at the email. Offer ends 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. WTF.

29Z7KFbh.jpg

man i wouldve loved overlord for 21. its such a good anime, but 30-40 bucks for 12 eps has always been too much in my stingy brain lol.

great job amazon. 

I checked the Amazon link again on a whim. The prices are still high, but now the DBZ sets have also been replaced with a link to some 3rd party selling the orange brick dvds.

God BLESS YOU Shout Factory! I can always count on the fine folks at Shout Factory to resurrect deserving properties that their own creators don't have faith in. With how well cult favorites tend to do on home video, I can't fathom why Disney would fail to release a show like Gravity Falls. I know they've always had a dismissive attitude toward their TV output, but still. This is one of the greatest cartoons of the past decade, easily. I am extremely stoked to finally be getting a Blu-ray set of it.

I'm a big fan of Shout/Scream Factory.  From Transformers and GI Joe, to MST3K and WKRP; I have always been pleased with the stuff that they put together.

Now if we can just get Cartoon Network to remember that they produced cartoons prior to 2010.

Nah, I'm not paying $30-40 for a 2-3 episode VHS tape.
That's one of the reasons I've kept all my anime tapes--I paid waaay too much for them to just throw it all away. Plus some have better cover artwork than the DVD or Bluray releases (or some have different versions that you can't get anywhere else, like the Gundam movie trilogy).

Um...

Is there a normal edition??? Hehe...
Dude, don't you think it's worth a extra $600 to get a Chrysler Corporation logo coin neatly boxed up in a series box made to look like a Dell Alienware Aurora desktop tower? :roll:

Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes_816726028514_08_00_1012x1080_0204ff45-25a5-4656-a8d3-f3d023cc507c_grande.jpg

Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes_816726028514_00_00_1012x1080_3442a5a7-fd06-4f3f-88cd-fe638ecd097e_grande.png

Seriously, this is crazy expensive. Way to put a classic series completely out of reach, effectively repeating the mistakes of Armored Troopers Votoms and Star Blazers all over again. I mean this actually makes Aniplex USA releases seem reasonably priced. And not even a soundtrack CD included.

Gah...

Do I really want to invest this? How much love do I have for it....

In cheaper news, Sentai is having an Easter Weekend Sales right now. I haven’t check entirely yet but hopefully we get some good price ones.

Don't get me started on this LoGH release...I was on another forum and got really, really mad at it. Don't want to lose my cool here too. I just hope somewhere down the line they announce a more affordable version.

Sentai stated this will be it, no standard release. I find that hard to imagine though, after all the time and labor they did on it.
Technically, they said they have no plans for a standard edition. I've heard this same line many times for limited-edition horror blu-ray releases, and once the limited-edition sells out, surprise surprise the standard edition gets announced.

Synapse films did the same shit with the recently released Susperia Blu-ray. Saying how it would only have a limited edition,but doing a standard release months later

Dude, don't you think it's worth a extra $600 to get a Chrysler Corporation logo coin neatly boxed up in a series box made to look like a Dell Alienware Aurora desktop tower? :roll:

Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes_816726028514_08_00_1012x1080_0204ff45-25a5-4656-a8d3-f3d023cc507c_grande.jpg

Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes_816726028514_00_00_1012x1080_3442a5a7-fd06-4f3f-88cd-fe638ecd097e_grande.png

Seriously, this is crazy expensive. Way to put a classic series completely out of reach, effectively repeating the mistakes of Armored Troopers Votoms and Star Blazers all over again. I mean this actually makes Aniplex USA releases seem reasonably priced. And not even a soundtrack CD included.
how does it make aniplex USA releases seem reasonably priced?

the set contains 162 episodes and 3 movies.

based off the recent releases for aniplex the price for a standard edition would be around $1450, and with the limited edition like this would likely approach $4,500 for a limited edition release o_O

How good is this anime btw? I saw this Sentai pre-order for horrific amounts of $ and was wondering what the deal was. Looks like there's a recent re-make too?

Technically, they said they have no plans for a standard edition. I've heard this same line many times for limited-edition horror blu-ray releases, and once the limited-edition sells out, surprise surprise the standard edition gets announced.
Well, with Japanese committees making all the rules for the licensing, I guess it all depends on what the requirements were in the licensing agreement from the Japanese licensor - They could be the ones limiting how many sets Sentai can produce and in what form it can be released. Sentai may not be allowed to produce a standard version, whether they may want to or not. Still, I can't believe there won't be a standard release at some point down the road, after all the effort to get this released here. Ah well, I did bite on pre-ordering this set, but at least I was able to use Paypal Credit to get 6 months no-interest financing on it, to lessen the hit to my bank account a bit.

The easter sentai filmworks sale is really good. Here's a few I liked that the price was lower than ever before.

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job Complete Collection 23.99 (blu-ray)

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/easter-sale-2018/products/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job-complete-collection

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Complete Collection - 27.99 (blu-ray)

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/easter-sale-2018/products/i-couldnt-become-a-hero-so-i-reluctantly-decided-to-get-a-job-complete-collection

Log Horizon Complete Collection 51.99 (blu-ray)

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/easter-sale-2018/products/log-horizon-complete-collection

Big O, The Complete Collection 31.99 (blu-ray)

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/easter-sale-2018/products/big-o-the-complete-collection

Beyond the Boundary Complete Collection 27.99 (blu-ray)

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/easter-sale-2018/products/beyond-the-boundary-complete-collection

From what I can tell from prices, it goes like this:

129.98 -----> 51.99

99.98 -----> 39.99

79.98 -----> 31.99

69.98 -----> 27.99

59.98 -----> 23.99

49.98 -----> 19.99

39.98 -----> 15.99

29.98 -----> 11.99

19.98 ----->   7.99

There are some exceptions though like Squid Girls season 1 & 2 complete collection for 59.99 from 99.98 and Tamako Love story from 39.98 to 23.99. To love ru complete series is 77.99 and To love ru complete collection is 35.99. Ushio & Tora complete collection is 77.99. Ushio & Tora premium box set is $100 off from 249 to 149.

how does it make aniplex USA releases seem reasonably priced?

the set contains 162 episodes and 3 movies.

based off the recent releases for aniplex the price for a standard edition would be around $1450, and with the limited edition like this would likely approach $4,500 for a limited edition release o_O
Oh wow! I confess the only Aniplex title I've come across in the wild in recent years was Volume 1 of Sword Art Online at my local Wal-Mart a few years back, and thought they were off their rockers wanting $24.96 for like five episodes.

Speaking of insanely expensive releases, I just bought Rightstuf's Gundam UC blu-ray collection to replace my original Bandai individual volumes. The original ones are super nice, but I'm at a point in my collecting that condensing and consolidating is starting to take precedence lol. I wonder if there is still much of a market for the original releases--now that they aren't the only option.

Code geass,

Overlord,

psychopass,

Blood blockade,

assassination classroom part 1 and 2.

seraph of the end part 1 and 2.

haganai s2.

last exile s2. 

All 20 bucks a piece. correct me if im wrong but i dont think ive seen them go for this low before.

Code geass,

Overlord,

psychopass,

Blood blockade,

assassination classroom part 1 and 2.

seraph of the end part 1 and 2.

haganai s2.

last exile s2.

All 20 bucks a piece. correct me if im wrong but i dont think ive seen them go for this low before.
Code geass I got the complete series limited for $21.99

psycho pass and overlord were $25.99 when I got them may of last year (so yes cheaper now)

the rest I don't know, but I guess I should actually get motivated and go through some stuff as some of those are indeed good prices lol.

pulling from reddit

Attack on Titan Complete Season 1 - $25 ($22 at Best Buy a couple months ago, though)

Shimoneta - $20 (definitely a low)

Prison School - $20

Death Parade - $20

Overlord Season 1 - $20

Blood Blockade Battlefront - $20

Assassination Classroom Season 1 Part 1 - $20 (definitely a low)

Assassination Classroom Season 1 Part 2 - $20 (definitely a low)

Noragami Season 1 - $20

Code Geass $20 per season

Pyscho Pass season one $20

Almost all the limited editions are apparently at all time lows.

and most of the shows that were $29.99 in the last sale are apparently $27.99.

Death Parade and Blood Blockade are tempting.

A few of the series like Nichijou, Wolf’s Rain, and Lodoss are at their Xmas prices from a few months back. Just need Lodoss but I can wait for it to drop to around $30-35.

bread's done
Back