Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a phone number I can call for Funimation Support regarding a damaged item they sent me? I ordered Blood Blockade Battlefront and it arrived with what sounds like loose plastic shards rattling around inside, so I put in a support ticket. 20 days later (this past Tuesday), I received a response asking that I send a "picture of the damage"; I responded as calmly as possible that this isn't a problem you can see since the case is sealed but the plastic pieces are distinctly heard when I shift the case from side to side. I haven't gotten a response back yet.

I didn't expect Funimation to suck this badly when it comes to customer service.
Have you tried their forum or twitter account yet? I'm not sure if Funimation is one of these companies as well, but there is a disturbingly large number of companies out there that if you go through official support you never get a response, but if you start tweeting them you will get helped fairly quickly.

Is there a phone number I can call for Funimation Support regarding a damaged item they sent me? I ordered Blood Blockade Battlefront and it arrived with what sounds like loose plastic shards rattling around inside, so I put in a support ticket. 20 days later (this past Tuesday), I received a response asking that I send a "picture of the damage"; I responded as calmly as possible that this isn't a problem you can see since the case is sealed but the plastic pieces are distinctly heard when I shift the case from side to side. I haven't gotten a response back yet.

I didn't expect Funimation to suck this badly when it comes to customer service.
At least they didn't cancel your order and then lie to you about the reason it was canceled, I guess? Funimation Store support is the hottest of hot garbage.

In other news, I hope Sentai enjoys my $200, because hot damn, I finally pulled the trigger on Space Brothers and a bunch of other stuff.

Time for my periodic reminder on where the ignore list is located.

1) Click on your own username to get to your profile page
2) Edit My Profile
3) Ignore Preferences
4) Add a new user to my list

I placed an order on Saturday via PayPal and paid with my balance and had no problems checking out.
I meant his "insults" that my credit sucks so they won't take my paypal balance.

I think it might have to do with specific titles. I think one of the error messages I saw the first time said something about Sentai breaking PayPal TOS selling something. My purchase included Squid Girl and Chaika, which someone else had issues with. So I wonder if it's that.

At least they didn't cancel your order and then lie to you about the reason it was canceled, I guess? Funimation Store support is the hottest of hot garbage.

In other news, I hope Sentai enjoys my $200, because hot damn, I finally pulled the trigger on Space Brothers and a bunch of other stuff.
They got me for $200 also... again. Feeling somewhat guilty blowing this much on anime when my work hours have been cut to 12 - 16 hours a week. But sales like this are just so unbelievably good. Most titles were being offered at prices that were equal to or even less than what the used media stores would charge.

Crap; I hate it when you forget to buy something. I wanted to get Sabagebu but it slipped my mind.
Ouch! Yeah, I apparently failed to buy "Punch Line", and I was sure I'd clicked to add it to my cart too. :(

I meant his "insults" that my credit sucks so they won't take my paypal balance.

I think it might have to do with specific titles. I think one of the error messages I saw the first time said something about Sentai breaking PayPal TOS selling something. My purchase included Squid Girl and Chaika, which someone else had issues with. So I wonder if it's that.
Just had my order cancelled too and it included Chaika. Paypal cancelled the payment stating regulatory concerns... Anyone dealt with Sentai's CS before?

It must have something in its description that sets off a flag over at Paypal. It could be virtually anything. I wonder if perhaps "Coffin" is making it look for a form that obviously wasn't filed since it's a blu ray.

Just had my order cancelled too and it included Chaika. Paypal cancelled the payment stating regulatory concerns... Anyone dealt with Sentai's CS before?
I've dealt with the Sentai CS multiple times, and it's been prompt every time. Resolved every time but this PayPal issue.

I've dealt with the Sentai CS multiple times, and it's been prompt every time. Resolved every time but this PayPal issue.
Any chance they'll reinstate the cancelled order with the sale price now that prices have readjusted?

Has anyone got a shipping confirmation yet?
nope. Still wouldn't be surprised if it showed up tomorrow though.

wouldn't be the first time i received the product from them before being notified they shipped it lol.

I think the last sale they finally sent me a shipping link like 2 months after I got the order lol.

I got my shipping notice Friday afternoon, and my package will arrive tomorrow (Monday). One of the four items did not ship with my order though, but will be shipping separately. 

Mine was delivered yesterday. That stack of Space Brothers looks great.

I've ordered from Sentai before (and I know that RS fulfills their orders) but this was the first time I noticed it was labelled as coming from "Anime Fulfillment Center."

I received my Sentai Sale shipment today, and actually, all four anime in my order were in the box - so I don't know why their site says that the one title was shipping separately.  I also received my Avatar: The Last Air Bender Blu-ray set today from BullMoose.com. 

According to Sentai's site, Princess Tutu is shipping separately. And according to the tracking number, delivery is estimated to take place on Friday. I say "estimated" because by my reckoning it could be here as early as Wednesday based on where it is presently in the USPS tracking system.

According to Sentai's site, Princess Tutu is shipping separately. And according to the tracking number, delivery is estimated to take place on Friday. I say "estimated" because by my reckoning it could be here as early as Wednesday based on where it is presently in the USPS tracking system.
Well not sure what to think about this, but the USPS tracking data was waaaay of this time. Sentai Shipment was delivered today, and Princess Tutu is indeed absent from the order as it was claimed to be by the Sentai order status.

Kinda regret skipping out although it was completely my fault for not looking at the sale. I seriously need to not spend too much rn. :lol:

Hopefully they go on sale again for that price. :lol:

Otherwise, gotta get Discotek on the line.

bread's done
Back