Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm maybe it's me, but these prices seemed pretty solid. Got Beyond the Boundary movies, Utawarerumono False Faces and OVA, Chunibyo on blu S1&2 complete collection, Knights of Sidonia S1+2 (note the premium = non-premium price for S2), Flying Witch, Den-noh Coil and Amagi Brilliant Park.
Do you know what the the correlation is between Utawarerumono is and the games? Is it just an anime version of the games or something else?

The prices on the Sentai sale are great. Unfortunately I've spent quite a lot on other sales recently like Criterion and Steam. So I"ll need to limit what I buy. 

Do you guys think Rightstuf will put everything back on sale on the last day that was on the daily mega deal? They did that last time.
I wouldn't be surprised if they included most of them, but I know that the Mob Psycho CE had sold out so I'm thinking we will just get most of them instead.

When you can buy the complete series for 30 bucks. Yes. Especially if its from China.

Even the US sellers are selling the bootlegs as well, either knowingly or unknowingly.
Can you tell the difference with just seeing the boxes between real and bootlegs for any anime? (If they even have the same cover)

While looking through the comiXology Kondansha/Vertical sale tonight I noticed comiXology is releasing the rest of the BECK manga in September. Now I’m highly tempted to pick it up. The anime was outstanding but I could never pull the trigger on the unfinished Tokyopop release.

Find it funny that my order from Funimation went smoothly now, unlike last time. Maybe they learned their lesson at last?

Even at 25% off there aren't many deals to be had here on anime. Your Name was $14.99 on release through Amazon and is $17.99 now at Best Buy.

If you're after a switch though, you can pick one up for $225. Or a DS.

Even at 25% off there aren't many deals to be had here on anime. Your Name was $14.99 on release through Amazon and is $17.99 now at Best Buy.

If you're after a switch though, you can pick one up for $225. Or a DS.
yeah i couldn't find much sadly.

I still try to post stuff like that in case there was something I missed though.

Nice sale, picked up the Patlabor TV series, Vampire Princess Miyu, and Brynhildr in the Darkness.
i liked brynhildr in the darkness(if its what i am thinking it is), but sadly it is one of those that abruptly ends. the plot doesnt even resolve it. the anime simply ends.

Week 2 of rightstuf month long sale is up. "Your name" is under $15 lol.
worth it

Week 2 of rightstuf month long sale is up. "Your name" is under $15 lol.
worth it

I can't decide if I really wanna buy Sword Oratoria Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? premium box set or not. I really enjoyed the 1st season and got that box set when it was on sale last year and just ordered the ova from sentai cause 19.99 is super cheap but even at 64.99 on rightstufs daily mega deal still isn't that good of a deal to me. I kinda wanna get it for collectors purposes but ick that series is just so annoying to watch until Belle and Aiz are in full picture again but by then the whole series is almost over already.

The hotsprings ova even has the same 2 disc soundtrack the sword oratoria box set has that makes the box set pretty much pointless...but I want that box set just to have a complete collection. Can't decide...

I can't decide if I really wanna buy Sword Oratoria Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? premium box set or not. I really enjoyed the 1st season and got that box set when it was on sale last year and just ordered the ova from sentai cause 19.99 is super cheap but even at 64.99 on rightstufs daily mega deal still isn't that good of a deal to me. I kinda wanna get it for collectors purposes but ick that series is just so annoying to watch until Belle and Aiz are in full picture again but by then the whole series is almost over already.

The hotsprings ova even has the same 2 disc soundtrack the sword oratoria box set has that makes the box set pretty much pointless...but I want that box set just to have a complete collection. Can't decide...
From what I've seen it looks like the OVA soundtrack is for the 1st series, where as the Oratoria set has the soundtrack for itself, the 2nd series.

wait until its $45-50 on a Sentai sale. It's practically guaranteed. Likely multiple times before the year is over.
Yeah, half off is a good price, but Sentai will probably have it as cheap or cheaper by the end of the year (presuming it's still available, which it's likely to be unless they under produced it)

Given that we have another season coming for DanMachi, seems like we'll eventually see a combined set at some point. Just depends on how patient you are.

From what I've seen it looks like the OVA soundtrack is for the 1st series, where as the Oratoria set has the soundtrack for itself, the 2nd series.

Yeah, half off is a good price, but Sentai will probably have it as cheap or cheaper by the end of the year (presuming it's still available, which it's likely to be unless they under produced it)
Wow the soundtrack to that meh of a side series? Now i'm glad I didn't order it lol. Definitely now cause Dimension W box set is today's mega deal and it's something I really really want.

I shouldn’t get my hopes up but it got me thinking Prime Day is going to be great for anime/manga fans with all these consistent timing deals.

WtLdJbP.jpg

Did not want to regret missing out on an OOP title. :lol:

I ordered Gintama: Series Three Part One and Overlord S1 for about $28 each after the extra 20% off for Prime Day. 

While perusing Amazon UK (foolishly thinking my US prime membership meant something to the Queen), I found this for those of you that have been patiently waiting like I have:

Ghost in the Shell (region B) Complete series: 37.49 GBP ($49) after VAT removed - This contains both seasons.  Back when the US blu rays came out that they released a comment that they were not going to be using the US release as their source for the UK release.  If I remember correctly, they were pretty vocal about not liking the US release.  In short, this set should not have the closed caption subtitles and other issues from the US set.  Plus, it"s $50 for the pair so it's a pretty good deal anyway.

I ordered Gintama: Series Three Part One and Overlord S1 for about $28 each after the extra 20% off for Prime Day.

While perusing Amazon UK (foolishly thinking my US prime membership meant something to the Queen), I found this for those of you that have been patiently waiting like I have:

Ghost in the Shell (region B) Complete series: 37.49 GBP ($49) after VAT removed - This contains both seasons. Back when the US blu rays came out that they released a comment that they were not going to be using the US release as their source for the UK release. If I remember correctly, they were pretty vocal about not liking the US release. In short, this set should not have the closed caption subtitles and other issues from the US set. Plus, it"s $50 for the pair so it's a pretty good deal anyway.
thanks for the info

as a diehard ghost in the shell fan, the US blu ray release was a damn shame. I hope this one turns out better. the visuals on it were rock solid though(so hopefully they use the visuals as a base), but sadly the rest of the release was meh.

I did a little more research, and the UK release was confirmed to be based on the French one. It doesn't have that audio switching part and it has the correct subtitles for the Japanese track. Before this standard edition there was a Zavvi exclusive set for 100 GBP, and they mentioned that the standard edition will also correct some chapter stop issues from those previous discs as well.

It sounds like it will be the set I was looking for.

bread's done
Back