Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all of us can get free shipping from Sentai. When I placed an order last year, because I don’t live in the continental US, I paid a premium for two-day shipping. This BB sale saved me a ton in comparison. Please keep in mind that not all of us have the luxuries of no sales tax or free shipping all sites offer...

Rightstuf seems to be offering 10% off coupons if you sign up for their email list. Just go to their site without being logged in and wait a few seconds. You can always unsubscribe after you get the code...

Some of the BB anime that were sold out are coming back in stock.
Nice, thanks! Picked up the Patlabor new files blu ray. Their site seems to have died re: logging in, so I had to check out as a guest. It just blocked me from logging in and refused the verification code. Strange system they have there.

Fellow redditors, there's an epic #manga sale on MyAnimeList right. now.:

ZsTjzZB.png

like & subscribe it's the first new deal posted in the last 5 pages desu ^_^

https://myanimelist.net/store

Peach Girl Next vol. 3 only $5.99

Ace of the Diamond also only $5.99

Get 'em while they last.

Some of the BB anime that were sold out are coming back in stock.
Yeah, I was pissed I missed Wings at that price and figured it would be OOP now and I was screwed. Kept refreshing over the past few days and there it was last night. Used a $5 reward on it so $5 shipped works for me!

Is GATE worth a blind buy?
I rewatch it at least once a year. It's a lot of fun to see the one-sided fighting of this medieval fantasy world with swords, bows, magical creatures, etc. being slaughtered (in self-defense) by modern day guns and tanks. It's on Crunchy if you want to check an ep or two before ordering.

So I guess RACs is having some sale , but with all the things in the past I ain't touching them with a ten foot pole. Anyone have any links to source of RACs bad customer serivce and acts in the past, I think I remember them canceling orders and highring prices then blaming community .

They’re still around? I forget about them every year, and the only time I recall them is when they’re brought up on this thread. Best not say anything as I’m sure the owner lurks here and will try to find a way to blame consumers for something somehow.

So I guess RACs is having some sale , but with all the things in the past I ain't touching them with a ten foot pole. Anyone have any links to source of RACs bad customer serivce and acts in the past, I think I remember them canceling orders and highring prices then blaming community .
Why bring it up then?

I don't understand why this topic comes up once or twice a year if they suck and no one buys from them anyways.

NGNL Movie came back in stock and I ninja'd it. Nothing left from the sale on back order now! Pretty pleased. Going to scour their anime to see if there are any other gems hiding...

Why bring it up then?

I don't understand why this topic comes up once or twice a year if they suck and no one buys from them anyways.
Someone posted on Reddit about their sale, I couldn't find the sources of their past bad dealings but remember it from the past. I would like proof so people can be informed before they buy. I know fellow CAGs have posted about it in the past so I was hoping for some links to backing up evidence that is all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CLYMTHH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No Game No Life Zero Blu Ray 7.99 at Amazon!

DVD 4.99

Man, I shouldve picked up Aura Battler Dunbine when I had the chance. Hope it comes back in stock at Best Buy or gets pmd at Amazon (pls tell them to price match, thanks)
Noooo! How dare his be a add-on only item, and how dare someone to steal my debit card number three days ago preventing me from partaking of this discount. Gaaah! :cry:

Oh, and forgot to comment yesterday concerning RACS. I've only bought from RACS twice, once in December 2016 and once in December 2017. Did not have any issues with either purchase.

Anyone see anything interesting for Black Friday? I usually drop a few hundred on manga at B&N during the sale because of the usual coupon + buy 2 get 1 but I’m not sure what they’re doing this year.

does best buy not allow price pricing to their website? or is it because of holiday shopping restrictions like last year where they won't pm at all?

Also, the last of my anime haul got delivered today. Can't wait to go home and open everything, including the Grimoire LE!

Checked Best buy. Seems a majority if these are online only.
Get used to it. As consumers buy fewer and fewer discs, stores like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart are reducing the store space they allocate to them. Targets have redesigned their stores in my area and the movie/game sections are now probably only a third of what they once were. Several of the Best Buys near me have done the same. It makes sense that the catalog of titles now gravitate to online. Stores are going the way of the mini-mall. It just doesn't make fiscal sense for these retailers to have these items sitting at huge stores; more cost efficient to close stores and sell them online. I'm sure once you factor labor, rent/lease, store maintenance, selling that $9.99 bluray for even half that cost makes them more money.

Best Buy is planning to drop home video all together sometime next year... and video games. Part of the utterly insane "Best Buy 2020 Transition to Sevices Industry" whack-job "strategy". This is part of why I just resigned from working their this month. Like literally someone at corporate rolled a D20, referenced the quantity of sesame seeds that fell off their Whopper bun, and then cross referenced those bits of data with a volume and page number in a encyclopedia, then hired a "800" number psychic to provide them with the interpretation of what that all meant.

No, the new business model they're working on is literally the old K-Mart business model... and being old I'll relate what that business model was for all those who don't know what the pre-Sears Holdings merger model was.

K-Mart originally operated under a somewhat brilliant idea of providing the retail store and employees, and product companies and distributors would sign on to lease product space in quantity "X" store locations thereby providing the product inventory for the various departments within the stores. This was the original model K-Mart operated under until the primary book distributor who leased space in nearly all of their stores went out of business. This was the catalyst which set off the domino fall that ultimately brought K-Mart to it's proverbial knees as it lead K-Mart's corporate to make the extremely unwise decision to buyout the nationwide shopping mall bookstore chain "Walden Books". Only K-Mart was absolutely clueless as to what to do with Walden Books once they had acquired it... and this has nothing to do with the business model we were just discussing, oh wait yes it does.

Enter Best Buy, and their connections with K-Mart. K-Mart, Sears, and most every other major retailer in the U.S.A. are members of what was originally a bulk purchasing group called the "National Retail Federation" (or NRF). This group evolved as it were to become a self policing regulatory committee, or a trade association as they refer to themselves, with its' officials elected from the corporate offices of the member companies. Wal-Mart was kicked out in the early 1990's for member violations. Target at some point was either kicked out or dropped out, not sure which. But the point is that Best Buy is a member of the NRF, and these member groups share retail strategies amongst themselves, good and bad.

Best Buy is presently shooting themselves in the feet buying out "Service" related companies. Last year Best Buy purchased floundering home security technology company Vivent Technologies, which was floundering due to poor quality products and industry leading shoddy customer service. Best Buy promptly integrated "Vivent Security" departments into their major market stores, and it didn't even last a full year, with Best Buy literally firing all of the Vivent department staff at the retail locations and quietly flushing the brand and its products down the toilet. But alas, they plan to re-launch the brand next year (2019), hoping consumers will forget it had existed previously.

This year Best Buy purchased a California based health insurance provider, that was also floundering. And now Best Buy is a authorized medical insurance provider (creepy), and has been seriously pressuring all employees to sign up for coverage that costs more than their average non-management staff member makes in a month.

And they expanded the in-home Geek Squad staffing nationwide this year, now they can make double the mistakes they could before, and boy are they great at that. And next year they plan to double the number of in-store Geek Squad employees, so they can screw up twice as much with computers brought in to to be worked on. I regret to say this division is now a permanent stain on my resume, because every bad thing you've ever heard about Geek Squad services well...

its_true.jpg

And Best Buy doesn't give a care, because they view all "client" interactions as positive interactions. Got a "technician" (aka ARA) who keeps physically breaking costumer laptops because he refuses to take them apart the right way? Give the customer a gift card and hope they don't complain! Technician accidentally transferred data from customer A's computer onto Customer B's new computer? Offer the customers a gift card! Customer made very specific requests concerning scope of work they wanted performed on their computer, but technicians completely disregarded those instructions? Offer to check it in with a faster turn around!

Point being that when there is clear fault with anyone in the department over any kind of a screw up, no one is punished, no one is fired, no one is required to retrain for whatever it was they clearly screwed up on. Tra-la-la-la-la life goes on and Best Buy doesn't give a crap because they already have the customer's money. Best Buy doesn't care about making issues like this right for their customers, they only care about covering such issues up as quickly as possible and appeasing the customers who experienced the issues by buying their silence, and even then they rarely even try to buy their silence.

But going back to K-Mart, Best Buy's grand idea for 2020 is to have at least 90% of the products available in their stores products in spaces leased out to the manufacturers of the products being offered. They already have lots of spaces in their stores that are this way, and it all fits together in such a way that you, the consumer, are unaware. Samsung, Sony, and LG all lease massive spaces leased and dedicated exclusively to their own products in the home theater department, there is of course the Apple Department, which is not actually part of the general Computer department but being situated next to such makes it seem otherwise, companies like Dyson, Kitchen Aid, Calphalon, and so on all lease product space in the appliances department, and the list goes on and on. All of the leasing companies can opt to buy into a dedicated employee by "hiring" an expert from among the existing staff, said individual will undergo additional training from the company in question, gets branded polo shirts denoting the company for which they are a "product expert" for, and receives a subsidized pay increase compliments of that company, with additional bonus potential for achieving sales goals set for that location by the company they are now representing. Apple is the only company which is not participating in the "expert employee" program, instead staffing one of their own full-time employees inside of Best Buy... the only company choosing to do such. So in this way Best Buy is replicating the original K-Mart business concept model, and taking it up a notch with the addition of the "branded expert employee" program.

Word presently is that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have shown no interest in entering into this business engagement model with Best Buy for their video game divisions, which is why Best Buy abruptly ended their 'Gamer's Club Unlocked' membership discount club program. All memberships will have expired by the time the video game departments are removed from the Best Buy stores. While video games, systems, and accessories may continue to be available through Best Buy stores, it will be because they are merchandise offered through a leased space.

Best Buy has also decided they would prefer to not compete against Amazon.com, instead have now entered into a trial partnership with Amazon to allow consumers to be able to return products bought from Amazon.com (with Amazon as the seller, so no marketplace items) the ability to return merchandise in person at any Best Buy Customer Service Counter in the U.S.A.. This trial program has already started, and word is that Best Buy corporate and Amazon have already green lighted this partnership for customer service to expand in January, though details of what that will entail haven't yet been revealed.

That's great that you just learned that working at Best Buy sucks, and their workers suck.  But Best Buy isn't going to give up selling items like movies and video games as long as it remains profitable.  That was the original discussion point.  Video games don't even take up that much floor space.  Best Buy will sell just about any type of accessory that has a large profit margin.  The proof is in the two to three aisles of toys that have been added to stores within the last year or two.  TRU closed and BB looked at that as an opportunity to make money selling toys.  Shit dude, the car audio department still gets a dedicated aisle and they struggled to make a grand in revenue per day, twenty years ago.

Maybe one day employees will stop buying into the whole "this $50 video game actually has a cost of $45 to the store" nonsense which has been perpetuated for decades, and has also been proven false through several years of 20% GCU discounts to tens of thousands of customers.  But I sincerely doubt it. 

People have said that Best Buy is doing away with movies for the last 15 years.  They continue to say it.  Yet that hasn't happened.  Half of people also have been declaring that "physical media is dying!" for the better part of the last decade and that isn't true either.  It's becoming a healthy niche but it sure as shit ain't dying.  Home theater is bigger than ever at BB stores and it continues to expand every year. 

Best Buy is exploring the expansion of their services and trying to be forward-thinking in this day and age where B&M franchises are becoming extinct at historical rates.   They are one of the few to adapt and try to get with the times which is very smart indeed.  Yeah, they rent space out.  So what?  Just in TVs, Samsung, Sony, and LG have stronger retail presence then ever before.  People actually GO to Best Buy to look at Apple products and Samsung devices again now.  They have computer gaming and hobbyist sections again too.  Things are changing all the time.  BB is doing whatever they can to stay afloat in this economy and so far they have been among the leading examples in this survival of the fittest.  If you want someone to blame then blame half of everyone you know who does their shopping almost exclusively online.

You are very obviously confusing your own confounded working experience with a non-bias view of the health of the company as a whole. 

The money is in the service now.  It always has been. 

This year Best Buy purchased a California based health insurance provider, that was also floundering. And now Best Buy is a authorized medical insurance provider (creepy)
Source?

Best Buy has also decided they would prefer to not compete against Amazon.com, instead have now entered into a trial partnership with Amazon to allow consumers to be able to return products bought from Amazon.com (with Amazon as the seller, so no marketplace items) the ability to return merchandise in person at any Best Buy Customer Service Counter in the U.S.A.. This trial program has already started, and word is that Best Buy corporate and Amazon have already green lighted this partnership for customer service to expand in January, though details of what that will entail haven't yet been revealed.
Source?

bread's done
Back