Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent around $260 for 24 series. Not bad.

Even went and bought some series I never finished or knew about but never got around to watching.

Gates sold out while I was checking out. D'you think they'll restock before the sales over?

Spent around $260 for 24 series. Not bad.

Even went and bought some series I never finished or knew about but never got around to watching.

Gates sold out while I was checking out. D'you think they'll restock before the sales over?
Blu-Rays, probably will restock at some point. But, DVDs, unless a recent release, are in phase out with Sentai Filmworks as they had said last year they would cease releasing DVDs in 2019. So don't count on DVDs restocking.

I know I'm late to the Sentai sale. But decided to grab the following

Vampire Hunter D (One of my favorites)

Watamote: No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! Complete Collection

Himouto! Umaru-chan Complete Collection

Log Horizon Complete Collection

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Seasons 1 & 2 Complete Collection

Beside Vampire Hunter D, I'm taking a leap with the rest based on a passing interest.  There were a couple of other titles I was on the fence about,

My Love Story!! Complete Collections

Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Dungeon Complete Collection

No Game no Life Complete Collection

and I was going to get Patlabor New Files & Movies just to round out the blu collection of that series.

Here's the thing earlier I was sitting with over $200 worth of video games sitting in my cart at Best Buy, but thought of how many I currently have sitting in that backlog and figured instead of contributing a massive lump to it again of games I'll never play this year.  Maybe I should contribute to the backlog of anime I'll probably never get around to watching fully.  It's almost just as bad but not quite.  My anime collecting has been sparse to say the least over the last several years.  To give you a idea the last time I think I just went and splurge was during the Bandai ET NA shutter.  Since then it's been a slow downward slope on purchases.  Besides getting occasion HD update of something or a new series of something I already knew, I haven't gotten anything besides a couple of kickstarter releases since 2015 I think.  I'm still meaning to pick up the Ranma 1/2 OVA & Movies Blu to complete the collection & the last few volumes of the Hellsing OVA & the second Berserk series.  I've watched some stuff streaming and on TV, but even that has only been a handful.

Short version I think I am out of touch with most modern anime, price of getting old I guess and would like some suggestions to pick up. 

Short version I think I am out of touch with most modern anime, price of getting old I guess and would like some suggestions to pick up.
Your on the fence list looks great to me (although never seen Patlabor). I would say those are good choices. There are so many good titles in the sale, it would help if you let us know what genres you are looking for to get the best recs.

My Love Story!! Complete Collections
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Dungeon Complete Collection
No Game no Life Complete Collection
and I was going to get Patlabor New Files & Movies just to round out the blu collection of that series.

Highly recommend NGNL. I happened to come across it randomly one day last summer and got hooked. It's very different than what's out there, the art and world is vibrant, with some ridiculous strategizing.

Danmachi aka "Is it Wrong..." is also a good pickup, only if you like others with rpg elements & some harem a la SAO. but I would check out the first season before committing to the whole series. The other part of the series (sword oratoria) delves into the background of the overarching major plot point from the first season but seen from another perspective.

I highly recommend getting No Game, No Life and all of Patlabor, and especially Fate/Stay Night complete. I think you will enjoy most of those especially NGNL seeing as you're a gamer. Log Horizon was a smart pickup. I enjoyed "Is it Wrong" quite a bit but it is different. It's a much slower paced Isekei/MMO that focuses more on the characters and their relationships and it's really quite saccharine.

It's hard to recommend many other things without really knowing what your tastes are, which kind of genres you like. But I would recommend Chaika, Another, Gate, Akame ga Kill, and Made in Abyss as well.

If you're into slice of life with a little twist I really liked flying witch
I really liked is it wrong to pickup
My love story is a good teen romance

If your into comedy's I cannot recommend love lab enough , funny stuff.

I really only recommend sentias fate series if you are already invested in the franchise.
FSN is the earliest adaption not bad but dated in comparison.
Fate illia is good but you have to already enjoy fate and like the idea of magical girls.

If you like idol anime akb0048 was a surprise hit for me when I picked it up a few years back. It does the cgi better then most and has a interesting story.

Lastly space brothers it's great you need it then you need to read the manage from where it left off.

Besides that without knowing more I'll just be recommending stuff like I am without knowing if you are interested in these types of of anime.

So what’s the deal with Akame ga Kill! Collection 2? Thinking about getting Collection 1, but I don’t see the regular Collection 2 set even listed - the Premium Set is listed, but unavailable. And at a glance looking around the net I’m not seeing it available really either without it being secondhand. Is it out of print or something? If so, it’s kinda weird that it’s the Collection 2 that’s out of print instead of the first one.

Akame LE has been on sale for like a year or two now, and is finally OOS. I can't imagine them printing more, given how long it took.

They have a complete collection coming out, I guess.

Edit: Looking at eBay prices, guess I ought to unload mine.

Akame LE has been on sale for like a year or two now, and is finally OOS. I can't imagine them printing more, given how long it took.

They have a complete collection coming out, I guess.

Edit: Looking at eBay prices, guess I ought to unload mine.
I removed the plastic from mine and haven't even watched the discs yet. I would unload mine too if it was still sealed.

Picked up some titles from that ridiculously good Sentai sale. I'm eager to see what the Funimation sale will look like. Been wanting to get Tokyo ESP for a decent price.

I think that was one title that CR and Funi were supposed to be working on together. Now that they are divorced who knows when we'll ever see it.
indeed. They were in fact working on the dub if you are to believe a voice actress who let it slip that she was doing one of the leads.

but it was never announced due to the break up.

it might end up being a causality of the break up sadly.

as for the funimation sale, go to their site, take 50% off, and then sigh knowing that is likely all the farther 90% of the shows will go with the few that go below that being things that have been on sale randomly at amazon for cheaper over the years.

Whelp... hit that Sentai sale a few days ago (Was out of town, was so fun ordering all that on a phone...)

I'm not allowed to open CAG for a solid 3 months thanks to that sale.

Fair warning to those returning to Best Buy. Any open anime will not be accepted. I wasn’t aware of this at all. Could have given them the Sentai ones I got in the mail today, but I opened them because I wanted to make sure the discs were ok. Kind of a bullshit policy IMO but now I’m stuck with two copies. I imagine Sentai has a similar policy.

Fair warning to those returning to Best Buy. Any open anime will not be accepted. I wasn’t aware of this at all. Could have given them the Sentai ones I got in the mail today, but I opened them because I wanted to make sure the discs were ok. Kind of a bullshit policy IMO but now I’m stuck with two copies. I imagine Sentai has a similar policy.
Um, that's been the standard retail policy for CDs, movies, and games since like the 90s.

Why you think returning something that has been opened is ok to return is kind of wrong to begin with. IDK why you think this is okay, but it's really not. Get your priorities in check, friend.

jesus were you born yesterday? LMAO

Anyone else still waiting on their Sentai order to be shipped out? I ordered last Friday and it hasn't moved yet.
Are you supposed to get an email when it happens? All I've gotten is a receipt from paypal from the initial purchase. How do I check my order if I don't have an account on their site?

Anyone else still waiting on their Sentai order to be shipped out? I ordered last Friday and it hasn't moved yet.
Mine hasn't either, though I've found them to be slow in the past, so I'm not really concerned. I imagine they got a ton of orders and are just taking some time getting through them all.

that isn't bullshit. If you opened it, it's no longer considered NEW.

Folks keep jumping down starkillr's throat because they didn't know something. They were just trying to be helpful and y'all are being rude about it, to what point, I have no idea.

My order is still listed as "unfulfilled" and hasn't shipped yet. Wonder if something went out of stock--but even so, strange they would hold up the whole order for one or two items.

It always takes a minimum of 10 days after order for me to get items from Sentai, even when there is no big sale going on. According to tracking, my order I placed on the 16th at 5:45 am, the first day of the sale, just shipped yesterday and is not arriving here until Monday. Sentai is 50/50 with sending out shipping emails; sometimes you get one, sometimes you don't.  If you checked out as a guest without creating an account, then there is no way to look up your tracking information - you'd probably have to contact them with your order number and have them give you the tracking number, but by the time they respond you'll probably have your package, lol....  

Mine came surprisingly quickly. Box said 2-day shipping on it, which I definitely didn't select on checkout. Was missing My Love Story though.

Update on my Sentai purchase:

So I ordered on the 16 and today of all days I finally got an email saying it's shipped.

Btw - Press G to support Goku at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

G

Genki Dama!!

So I think Funimation BF started? It's easily the most underwhelming sale I've seen. Maybe they'll do something for CM
It's not even a sale. All they did was put a couple DBZ shirts up, throw a red rectangle on them, and call it good. If you go into the product descriptions you can see the price is exactly equal to the retail price. They're the worst distributor though, so not gonna say I'm surprised.

They do Cyber Monday, and generally boast "discounts from now till New Year's", but the last good sale they had was in 2014, and the bundles they put up for sale match what they did in 2016, so...

Anyone know a good sale to shop for manga right now?
Which ones?

There's a generic 5 off 20 on amazon but they usually don't discount manga all that much.

RightStuf usually has some fantastic deals on manga leading up to Xmas, but it depends what you're looking for.

bread's done
Back