Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So sentai shared this on Twitter
A user solved this much.
Looks like we might have some dubs incoming.
DthJ7LbXcAAexQM.jpg

Got my replacement FMA art book this morning. Here's an excerpt from my chat with Amazon before:

Me: Is there a way to make sure the replacement will be shipped with bubblewrap or something? It's an art book, so damage really ruins the aesthetic.
Rep: I will add the notes to be followed for the replacement item, Please be assured this time the book would not be damaged.
Me: Thank you
Rep: The art book will be perfect this time, You can count on me for this.
Me: Sounds good
The replacement was shipped exactly the same as the first... a hardcover book floating around in an empty box without a single bit of shipping protection. Luckily this one came with minimal wear so I won't need another replacement. Still, it pisses me off that they can't get packing right even when specifically asked to.

Anyway, I looked through the book and am glad I got it. Like I said before, I've seen both animes (many times), but as I've never read the manga, this artwork is new to me. It includes art from sources other than the manga too, such as from calendars and magazine announcements. Each artwork has its original publication information listed nearby. The only artist notes is an interview at the end of the book. I like when they include notes along with the art, but the art alone is still good. Also, and I say this not knowing much about art books, this one seems to use less than ideal paper. For the price I paid ($15.42 + tax), I'm happy with it ^^

Sample page with fun school scene:

0INkc0x.jpg

It's hard to see because of the fold, but that's Bradley in the background as principal peeking into the classroom. Most of the book is typical FMA scenery, but I love ones like this that imagine the characters in other ways.

So sentai shared this on Twitter
A user solved this much.
Looks like we might have some dubs incoming.
DthJ7LbXcAAexQM.jpg
Bottom line obviously says Lord GG VCR.

It's hard to see because of the fold, but that's Bradley in the background as principal peeking into the classroom. Most of the book is typical FMA scenery, but I love ones like this that imagine the characters in other ways.
Yea, I think the last ~10% off the book was the best part.

Ended up getting most of my Sentai order yesterday. Only missing two blu-rays, which were on backorder.

I'm kind of disappointed I missed out on the Amazon anime sale, but at the same time equally relieved I didn't spent more money.

All my items are in minus one backorder. I would love for this sale to go again for the holidays so I can get all the animes I didn't buy for the first round.

Apologies because I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the re;zero set 1 blurays have been fixed?

dla23dog1hq11.gif

Anyways...
You guys think they'll release To love ru dubbed as a complete set premium edition or do by seasons again?

Anyways...
You guys think they'll release To love ru dubbed as a complete set premium edition or do by seasons again?
Hmm I'm going to go with Seasons. I mean that is four seasons and maybe the ova's they'd have to dub. So a PBS would be like really expensive.
But who knows. I hope we have some info in the next few months.

Apologies because I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know if the re;zero set 1 blurays have been fixed?
The Part One has not been addressed at all. As far as Part Two? Won't know till Feb 05, 2019. They delayed it so maybe Part Two will be fixed.

Well now I’m really pissed. Back on November 4th I placed an order on Best Buy’s website for the Mardock Scrable Trilogy for $13, though it said that it had a delivery date of December 10th. Okay, fine, whatever I thought - still a great price.

Fast-forward until today, and I get a cancellation email.

What really pisses me off is that the set is now going for ridiculous prices - upwards of $70 and more. Whereas at the time I had found a copy on Walmart’s website for around $20. IF Best Buy had cancelled it a lot sooner, then I could have picked it up at that price instead. But instead Best Buy had to wait until NOW, when prices are jacked up out the wazoo. fucking fuck fuck fuck.

Did they say why it was cancelled? (Holy shit, I just checked Amazon, $99?! WOW) - I do remember Walmart for $20, I got it from Sentai in October when I saw the alert for $15...

Well now I’m really pissed. Back on November 4th I placed an order on Best Buy’s website for the Mardock Scrable Trilogy for $13, though it said that it had a delivery date of December 10th. Okay, fine, whatever I thought - still a great price.

What really pisses me off is that the set is now going for ridiculous prices - upwards of $70 and more. Whereas at the time I had found a copy on Walmart’s website for around $20. IF Best Buy had cancelled it a lot sooner, then I could have picked it up at that price instead. But instead Best Buy had to wait until NOW, when prices are jacked up out the wazoo. fucking fuck fuck fuck.
Looks like you'll be "scrambling" to find another copy :lol: sorry that was mean

It's not a rightstuf holiday without a squarehard thread. :cry:
Hey, where is SquareHard? Did a mountain of games fall on him and mortally crush him or what?
Maybe those figmas he'd gotten into are holding him hostage... weird that he's been absent during the most deal happy season of the year.

Hey, where is SquareHard? Did a mountain of games fall on him and mortally crush him or what?
Maybe those figmas he'd gotten into are holding him hostage... weird that he's been absent during the most deal happy season of the year.
I knew something was missing on CAG this year...

Maybe he's busy watching all the anime he bought.

Meh.  Best I could find is a new listing on Ebay asking for $37.97.  It isn't exactly a very CAG-y price by any means, but given that it's out of print now I don't think it's going to ever get any cheaper...especially given that the last time I tried going for the cheapest option it ended up biting me in the ass.  Did get 8% back in "Ebay Bucks", so that's...well, it's better than nothing I guess. 

In theory I could try to wait until another 10%/15% off store-wide coupon comes around...but from what I can gather they typically happen around the 20th or so of each month, and this seller only had 3 in stock (and no guarantee that the seller won't raise the price after one or two of the copies had been sold), so waiting would be risky.  Bleh.

Sentai really must want to clear the warehouse
https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/holiday-sale-2018?page=1
Some items are back to Black Friday pricing while others are higher but priced decent.
If I wasn't saving for my vacation next week I'd jump on a few more things.
How much is shipping typically? There are a couple of items I wanted back during the Black Friday sale that went out-of-stock before I could get them, but I don’t know if I want to put down another order that’d get me to free shipping...that’s $75, right?

Correct, free Shipping is with a minimum order of $75, actually not certain what they charge for orders below that, but it shouldn't be much as they use USPS Media Mail.

Same thing happened to my order, had a delivery date of dec 10 as well. no rhyme or reason for cancellation, was actually really upset when I got the email a couple days back.

On another note, has anyone who ordered from sentai received heat sealed plastic wrap on the items outside of the premium editions? I never thought much of it and in fact, didn't really notice, but my last order just arrived today and there are a lot which are sealed that way. There is one in particular that is so badly done, it makes me think it was a return from someone who used the discs and sealed it back up themselves.

I also checked the item from my other orders and about 95% of those are sealed with the y-fold. Which is what led to my suspicions. Hope someone can shed some light on this maybe. I also sent their CS a message, but they haven't gotten back to my other ticket yet either.

Same thing happened to my order, had a delivery date of dec 10 as well. no rhyme or reason for cancellation, was actually really upset when I got the email a couple days back.

On another note, has anyone who ordered from sentai received heat sealed plastic wrap on the items outside of the premium editions? I never thought much of it and in fact, didn't really notice, but my last order just arrived today and there are a lot which are sealed that way. There is one in particular that is so badly done, it makes me think it was a return from someone who used the discs and sealed it back up themselves.

I also checked the item from my other orders and about 95% of those are sealed with the y-fold. Which is what led to my suspicions. Hope someone can shed some light on this maybe. I also sent their CS a message, but they haven't gotten back to my other ticket yet either.
About half my order was heat sealed so yeah...

Yes, my huge order had some that were heat sealed shrink wrapped as well and I knew right away they were returns. Pretty messed up that they pass that off as new imo. :( But as geicorules said...yeah. Not much we can do about it.

I wouldn't even bothering contacting CS because they probably will say unless it is damaged they can't do anything. Also don't expect to hear from them anytime soon. I contacted them about two titles that had spine slashes and they have yet to get back with me.

Yes, my huge order had some that were heat sealed shrink wrapped as well and I knew right away they were returns. Pretty messed up that they pass that off as new imo. :( But as geicorules said...yeah. Not much we can do about it.

I wouldn't even bothering contacting CS because they probably will say unless it is damaged they can't do anything. Also don't expect to hear from them anytime soon. I contacted them about two titles that had spine slashes and they have yet to get back with me.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably return it with a few other things I was going to send back anyway.

For reference, this is how the one item looked: https://imgur.com/Um1rXns

I was wondering if someone could help me out. Does Tokyo Otaku Mode still have the offer of free shipping with a new account? Always hesitated going down the nendoroid road because of the damage to my wallet, but some are proving hard to resist.

How much is shipping typically? There are a couple of items I wanted back during the Black Friday sale that went out-of-stock before I could get them, but I don’t know if I want to put down another order that’d get me to free shipping...that’s $75, right?
Correct, free Shipping is with a minimum order of $75, actually not certain what they charge for orders below that, but it shouldn't be much as they use USPS Media Mail.
They charge me $7.58 for 2-day USPS Priority with no option for Media Mail for a single standard BD set. :whistle2:( It appears to be a flat rate, though, as adding more sets doesn't seem to increase it (or maybe it just needs to go over a certain weight for that to happen). Media Mail is what they used for my over $75 free shipping orders, though, so it's curious that they don't offer it for smaller orders (unless they do that to encourage people to spend more).

It's a fair price I suppose and not too bad if I want to order multiple things under $75 (especially at these super-reduced prices), but if they offered me the same $3.98 Media Mail option Right Stuf does, I'd probably place a lot more smaller orders (even some with just 1 BD set) with them.

I was wondering if someone could help me out. Does Tokyo Otaku Mode still have the offer of free shipping with a new account? Always hesitated going down the nendoroid road because of the damage to my wallet, but some are proving hard to resist.
Yes, they extended it to Dec 31: https://otakumode.com/shop/pickup/premium-annual-np

There's also a 20% off coupon THXTSS2018 going on right now valid through Dec 10.

Eh, for the prices I got some of those sets for, I'll live with it.

To those that ordered that new FMA art book: did yours come sealed? Just got mine today and it was not sealed. Doesn't look damaged, but usually these art books come shrinkwrapped. Just curious because I don't really want to return it.

To those that ordered that new FMA art book: did yours come sealed? Just got mine today and it was not sealed. Doesn't look damaged, but usually these art books come shrinkwrapped. Just curious because I don't really want to return it.
Both my first one and its replacement were not sealed.

bread's done
Back