Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem to be price-matching Walmart. Walmart also has Perfect Blue and The Night is Short, Walk on Girl for a pretty good discount, as well - yoink!
Yep, seems that way. Walmart's search seems a little borked for me, can't even find Mirai when searching there, but can find via Google. If I search "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl", it only shows me clothing for women for some odd reason.

Anyone have experience ordering single collectors editions from rightstuff? Want to grab DXD Hero's LE but I don't want them to ship it in one of those crappy wraparound boxes like they usually use for small orders. (especially since their replacements/returns suck so much)

Yep, seems that way. Walmart's search seems a little borked for me, can't even find Mirai when searching there, but can find via Google. If I search "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl", it only shows me clothing for women for some odd reason.
I had the same issue with Walk on Girl, and used Google to find the listing. It's like they don't want anyone to find the items they sell or something. It's also only available for shipping, so thankfully I was able to lump it together with Mirai and Perfect Blue for free shipping.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Anyone have experience ordering single collectors editions from rightstuff? Want to grab DXD Hero's LE but I don't want them to ship it in one of those crappy wraparound boxes like they usually use for small orders. (especially since their replacements/returns suck so much)
My copy of DxD Hero LE came by itself and it was in a full box. Everything made it to me in good shape with no loose discs.

My Hero Academia Season 1 uncut

Gundam soething or other S1P1

HD both free on PS4 or IOS/droid playsation video app.

I was able to "buy" on my droid by downloading the app and logging into psn.

(You can't buy video on PC anymore)

My Hero Academia Season 1 uncut

Gundam soething or other S1P1

HD both free on PS4 or IOS/droid playsation video app.

I was able to "buy" on my droid by downloading the app and logging into psn.

(You can't buy video on PC anymore)
Thanks! Great find.

On a related note, did Sony switch things up where you can only stream new videos on the PS4 and not the PS3? I ask because I bought Your Name last year and I can watch that on both my PS4/PS3, but I bought the latest FLCL episodes a few months ago and I can only access those on the PS4.

After Bleach, I lack faith that they will finish this series out on Blu-ray.
Yup I am really bothered by the Bleach situation too.

Even if I wanted to buy Inuyasha, I'm not going to start buying volumes for a new series when you haven't followed through with completion for your other series that I've supported.

I wish they would stop releasing non-hd shows on blu ray, and actually put some of the older HD shows on blu ray, like Buso Renkin, and Ah my goddess while I'm at it Funi, and Animeworks

After Bleach, I lack faith that they will finish this series out on Blu-ray.
Inuyasha The final act complete series is a thing so....technically it has been finished on bluray. Its just missing the middle chapters on bluray now that the first chapter is on bluray. I can see them finishing this cause the final act is on bluray.

Set 5 is nowhere in sight after 1+ years
Have they confirmed if they will ever be releasing the next set? It is really frustrating to start a series and put money into it and then having them stop releasing sets part way through. I am in the same boat with bleach. I have sets 1 - 4 on blu-ray.

Have they confirmed if they will ever be releasing the next set? It is really frustrating to start a series and put money into it and then having them stop releasing sets part way through. I am in the same boat with bleach. I have sets 1 - 4 on blu-ray.
I've been checking Viz's release calendar religiously and haven't seen it listed nor have I spotted any sort of announcement. I also have sets 1-4 and am super bummed that they just abruptly stopped like that.

While it is a bad sign that Viz never finished releasing Bleach on Blu-Ray, I also never bothered acquiring any of the DVDs for Bleach past volume 3. And that wasn't a matter of cost, it was intentional. Bleach's story kind of dove off a cliff after volume 3, so I never felt the need to actually acquire the rest of it. I just like to pretend that the story went up to volume 3, and then just never finished.

I actually acquired and enjoyed the entirety of Inuyasha, so here's hoping that Viz actually complete the run in Blu-Ray.

If I'm gonna pick up a few collectors editions from Sentai, do you guys think i'm better off to split them into multiple 50$~ orders to get better packaging? I remember during the BF sale, one of my orders was for like 50 sets at once at they just came with no padding at all. Would be nice to hear from someone who's ordered 5-6 collectors at once.

While it is a bad sign that Viz never finished releasing Bleach on Blu-Ray, I also never bothered acquiring any of the DVDs for Bleach past volume 3. And that wasn't a matter of cost, it was intentional. Bleach's story kind of dove off a cliff after volume 3, so I never felt the need to actually acquire the rest of it. I just like to pretend that the story went up to volume 3, and then just never finished.

I actually acquired and enjoyed the entirety of Inuyasha, so here's hoping that Viz actually complete the run in Blu-Ray.
Agree with you here, the whole soul society arc was actually interesting and then everyone and their moms gets bankai or some other OP crap. Next to Naruto, I hate that this show had the most filler thrown in every few episodes. Someone should do for Bleach what they did for DBZ and make a 'kai' version to strip it down.

Agree with you here, the whole soul society arc was actually interesting and then everyone and their moms gets bankai or some other OP crap. Next to Naruto, I hate that this show had the most filler thrown in every few episodes. Someone should do for Bleach what they did for DBZ and make a 'kai' version to strip it down.
You guys missed the final 3 Arrancar arcs (there were six total apparently) where the Shinigami fight the Arrancar and the Espada. That was season 10, 12, and 14 apparently. They were the main attractions, the culmination and the conclusion, of the entire Bleach series.

I wish that Bleach did something like DBZ Kai where they cut most of the filler and condense the 366 episodes down into about 150 episodes composed of the main story. There were a few interesting stories like the Zanpakuto arc that overstayed its welcome by having twice as many episodes than it needed. People simply got bored with Bleach; it needs to be streamlined. A condensed version of Bleach would be a much better, more accessible product. (People that want the full series can still get it in full.)

You guys missed the final 3 Arrancar arcs (there were six total apparently) where the Shinigami fight the Arrancar and the Espada. That was season 10, 12, and 14 apparently. They were the main attractions, the culmination and the conclusion, of the entire Bleach series.

I wish that Bleach did something like DBZ Kai where they cut most of the filler and condense the 366 episodes down into about 150 episodes composed of the main story. There were a few interesting stories like the Zanpakuto arc that overstayed its welcome by having twice as many episodes than it needed. People simply got bored with Bleach; it needs to be streamlined. A condensed version of Bleach would be a much better, more accessible product. (People that want the full series can still get it in full.)
I watched the entire series and what I meant by them throwing in filler was actually more directed towards the arrancar arc, and the battle when the invasion finally happens. It was annoying to watch everyone start getting into their respective fights, then filler season, back to main story and fights continue, great, but no conclusion to almost any fight. Then another filler season and you finally get some results. It was so off-putting because I can't even remember what happened during the earlier sequences of the fight because they were so far apart and kept getting broken up. It actually fits in with the timeline you mentioned with the main story seasons broken up into every other one.

Don't even get me started about how convenient it was that they had their limiters released in the final hour and suddenly everyone was OP. I have rewatched the entire soul society arc multiple times so that may be why I favor it more, and the espada arc just the once, so my memory of it is probably hazy at best. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it more than anything else, but that's because I binged through the rest of the series over the course of a couple weeks.

It would be nice if they did a "Kai" version of Bleach, as others have said, and then followup it up with the final manga arc that never got animated so that the series can end with better closure (the Fullbring arc made the show go out with a whimper).

When did Funimation start giving digital copies with all of their releases? I was looking back at my New Game Season 2 bluray and the listing on amazon mentions including digital but not the box art, though the outer sleeve does have a sticker. Kinda bummed New Game season 1 didn't have a digital code.

When did Funimation start giving digital copies with all of their releases? I was looking back at my New Game Season 2 bluray and the listing on amazon mentions including digital but not the box art, though the outer sleeve does have a sticker. Kinda bummed New Game season 1 didn't have a digital code.
The codes are only redeemable on Funi's website.

bread's done
Back