Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamada Kun and the Seven Witches

Prison School

Shimoneta

Alderamin on the Sky

15.99 each on Amazon rn. 

Rosario + Vampire Complete Collection (S1+S2) is 20.99 as well

Evangelion Illustrations 2007-2017 pre-order for $22.34 (retail $35): https://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-Illustrations-2007-2017-Neon-Genesis/dp/1974707032/
Received this book today. Was so excited when I saw Amazon used a cardboard box, but of course as a book sent by Amazon, there had to be a problem. The box they used was exactly the size of the book, so damage to the outside of the box in transit caused a dent/tear to appear at the center top of every single page >_>

sample:
QUY2Zq6.jpg

Amazon issued a replacement. I can only hope that they head my emphatic plea for better packaging so that the replacement avoids the same issue.

I'll wait until I have an undamaged copy before going through it thoroughly, but what I glanced so far looked interesting. Surprisingly, Viz put the slip cover on upside down. Easy to fix but a weird mistake to make.

-Update-

Replacement came. As expected, they packed it in the same box as before. *sigh* Luckily this time though, the box took no damage in transit, so the book arrived in good condition.

Buying physical books from Amazon is always a crapshoot >_<

B&N.com has a lot of anime at 40% off + 20% off Father's Day coupon. Not a complete list, Just a few I could find.

$38.99

Psycho Pass S2, $31.19 with coupon.

Haruhi Suzumiya S1+S2

Tokyo Ghoul;re Part 1

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Part 1

Wolf's Rain Complete Series

$32.99

Psycho Pass S1 $32.99 , $26.39 with coupon

Spice and Wolf Complete Series

Chobits Complete Series

Claymore Complete Series

Guyver Complete Box Set

$29.99

Wolf Children Hosoda Collection, $23.99 with coupon.

Railgun S1 and S2

Tokyo Ghoul S2 Va

Tokyo Ghoul complete S1 both editions

Magical Index S1 and S2

Pokemon Indigo League Standard Edition

Outlaw Star both versions

Legend of korra Complete Series

$23.99

Cowboy Bebop the Movie $23.99, $19.19 with coupon.

Pokemon 1-3 Movies Limited Edition $23.99

Pokemon Sun&Moon Ultra Adventures

$20.99

Lucky Star both editions are $20.99, $16.79 with coupon.

Rosario+Vampire both editions

Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Steins;Gate Deja Vu movie

Escaflowne Parts 1, 2 and the movie

Boy and the Beast

Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie

Psycho Pass Movie

$17.99

Shimoneta BD+DVD and Essentials version is $17.99, $14.39 with coupon.

Sailor Moon R Movie $17.99

Space Patrol Luluco both editions $17.99, $14.39 with coupon

Mary and the Witches Flower

Mirai

Adieu, Galaxy Express 999

$14.99

Pokemon The Power of Us $14.99, $11.99 with coupon.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Movie

Cardcaptor Sakura The Sealed Card

Trigun Badlands Rumble

Misc.

Perfect Blue $24.29, $19.43 with coupon.

Pokemon 1-3 blu ray $8.99, $7.19 with coupon

Vision of Escaflowne Complete Series $41.99, $33.59 with coupon

Tokyo Ghoul S1 Limited Edition? $77.99, $62.39 with coupon.

Cowboy Bebop $35.99. $28.79 with coupon.

Pokemon The Movie I Choose You! $11.39. $9.11 with coupon

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Movie 4-Pack $23.99, $19.19 with coupon.

A Silent Voice $26.99, $21.59 with coupon.

Avatar The Last Airbender Complete Series $26.99, $21.59 with coupon

Ninja Scroll Complete Series $21.75, $17.40 with coupon.

Pom Poko $25.36, $20.29 with coupon.

Fireworks $16.19, $12.95 with coupon.

Belladona of Sadness $33.85, $27.08 with coupon.

Thanks for the heads up KL, now I need to figure out if I liked what I saw of KOR, or I'm letting nostalgia get in my way like I did with Star Ocean EX, and Tokyo Underground, and those Who hunt elves. (all of which I thought I remembered liking, though TU is at least decent, but it wasn't really worth buying again)

Thanks for the heads up KL, now I need to figure out if I liked what I saw of KOR, or I'm letting nostalgia get in my way like I did with Star Ocean EX, and Tokyo Underground, and those Who hunt elves. (all of which I thought I remembered liking, though TU is at least decent, but it wasn't really worth buying again)
If it helps any, I can assure you that KOR is way, way better than any of those other shows.

Oh, I know it is, I'm just trying to sort out if I liked it or not (oh and if anyone is buying stuff during the sentai sale, and are thinking of buying Hamatora, and Re:Hamatora, don't) On the other hand I do remember liking the End of Summer movie.

Re: Bleach on BD

I always lurk but actually have something worth posting for once...was going through posts about the Inuyasha release on Twitter today when I found this from Viz: https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1130529171384311809

"We are still planning to release Bleach Set 5 - expect a release date announcement in the coming months!"

I'm taking it with a grain of salt since I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else...will be interesting to see if they do pick it back up again.

Deepdiscount.com has a 15% off sitewide sale going on. To me their prices are still a bit high when it comes to anime, not so much for most other tv shows or movies (They have Westworld for really cheap).

They have the K-On Premium Box Set for the cheapest I've seen it at $155.23 and $131.95 with the discount code.

Edit: Kino's Journey Complete Collection is the cheapest I've seen at $30.31 and $25.76 with coupon.

Re: Bleach on BD

I always lurk but actually have something worth posting for once...was going through posts about the Inuyasha release on Twitter today when I found this from Viz: https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1130529171384311809

"We are still planning to release Bleach Set 5 - expect a release date announcement in the coming months!"

I'm taking it with a grain of salt since I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else...will be interesting to see if they do pick it back up again.
Thanks for that, I've never seen that before. Gives me hope!

Deepdiscount.com has a 15% off sitewide sale going on. To me their prices are still a bit high when it comes to anime, not so much for most other tv shows or movies (They have Westworld for really cheap).

They have the K-On Premium Box Set for the cheapest I've seen it at $155.23 and $131.95 with the discount code.

Edit: Kino's Journey Complete Collection is the cheapest I've seen at $30.31 and $25.76 with coupon.
Puts Jojo set 4 Bluray under $50, good enough for me

Question for people who frequently shop at RightStuf: Whenever they have daily Mega Deals (like they're currently doing for their 32-Bit Birthday Sale), do they usually bring back every Mega Deal on the last day/week of the sale? I'm interested in both offerings today (Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond + Sword of the Stranger), but I'd rather wait to see if some other Mega Deal catches my eye instead of searching for $25+ of other stuff to get over the $50 free shipping threshold.

Question for people who frequently shop at RightStuf: Whenever they have daily Mega Deals (like they're currently doing for their 32-Bit Birthday Sale), do they usually bring back every Mega Deal on the last day/week of the sale? I'm interested in both offerings today (Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond + Sword of the Stranger), but I'd rather wait to see if some other Mega Deal catches my eye instead of searching for $25+ of other stuff to get over the $50 free shipping threshold.
From what I've seen no they do not they do Mega Daily Deals all the time now regardless of any other sale.

From what I've seen no they do not they do Mega Daily Deals all the time now regardless of any other sale.
I asked because I remember for their past two Holiday Sales (which are the only other time I've seen Mega Deals), they would bring back every Mega Deal that was previously one-day-only on the last day.

I recall they did at last year's anniversary sale, provided the items are in-stock.

I asked because I remember for their past two Holiday Sales (which are the only other time I've seen Mega Deals), they would bring back every Mega Deal that was previously one-day-only on the last day.
That's what I'm waiting for. I believe it will happen again. Hopefully, because there were some that I like but couldn't reach the free shipping. Here's hoping.

Hey their 1st mega deal was super good and sold out by the end of the day. The Ancient Magus' Bride Part 1 Limited Edition for 26.99.
Fair, but it's a Funi limited edition, so it looks pathetic on a shelf. The only reason the site has any reason to exist is that it hosts Aniplex series.

new sentai sale. I don't care enough to go through it, but a quick glance at the limited editions feels like the prices are at least a bit better than their last one.

https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1146646322663084032

This is it; this Sentai sale is the real deal.  The prices are killer this time with tons of titles at or around $9.99 apiece.  I'm sad that I missed out on that Land of the Lustrous steelbook a couple months ago, but I finally put in my order for the Made in Abyss premium set and Monster Musume.  It's probably not going to get any lower than $59.99, it's probably going to sell out sometime soon, and I can't miss out on this one. 

It took some work to get the cart down from $200+.  Basically had to remove everything.  These bi-annual mega sales are overwhelming.  Gotta stick to the occasional LE and the important stuff that might sell out.  The RS daily mega deals are awfully tempting too, like today's Gundam set. 

This is it; this Sentai sale is the real deal. The prices are killer this time with tons of titles at or around $9.99 apiece. I'm sad that I missed out on that Land of the Lustrous steelbook a couple months ago, but I finally put in my order for the Made in Abyss premium set and Monster Musume. It's probably not going to get any lower than $59.99, it's probably going to sell out sometime soon, and I can't miss out on this one.

It took some work to get the cart down from $200+. Basically had to remove everything. These bi-annual mega sales are overwhelming. Gotta stick to the occasional LE and the important stuff that might sell out. The RS daily mega deals are awfully tempting too, like today's Gundam set.
I'm glad to see someone confirming my thoughts that this one seemed better.

I just glance at the premium editions and most of them felt closer to what the better sales seem to have but I couldn't be sure.

I need to make a list of stuff Sentai has released since I last ordered things and see what I want to look at price wise. The Made in Abyss Premium set is tempting but I'm pretty sure I already bought the regular.

I'll keep an eye on the prices and grab it if they start going up. The LE is oop, right?
OOP only to RS for now. I got a sales flier email from RS that had what was going oop and that LE was one of em. Funi makes them though so they'll have more in stock and they also don't do mega sales as much until BF or new years comes around so there's a big chance it'll still be in stock there. Speaking of which that sentai sale is freaking good. Log Horizon complete set is only 24.99 and its on backorder now lol. Lowest it was last time was 34.99 or 39.99. A lot of other high priced series are also under the 30 mark this time around.

I'm conflicted on the sentai sale. A few of the titles I feel like will drop a lot around black friday at the latest that I am thinking of picking up such as Saiyuki, princess resurrection and negima!?. Does anyone else think those will drop more in the coming months. I have such a large backlog of anime that I don't need them right now.

I'm conflicted on the sentai sale. A few of the titles I feel like will drop a lot around black friday at the latest that I am thinking of picking up such as Saiyuki, princess resurrection and negima!?. Does anyone else think those will drop more in the coming months. I have such a large backlog of anime that I don't need them right now.
Those are just regular editions so yes you can expect a drop.

Finally time for me to jump on the Patlabor Ultimate Collection at that price - yoink!

People who don't own Penguindrum or Princess Tutu should scoop them up at those amazing prices, too.

OOOOOO Nadia for $10, and Patlabor for $40, and I might be inclined to rebuy Penguindrum because I loved it despite hating the ending. Also, no one buy Hamatora, it's crap Wow, Tokyo Magnitude is only $7 buy it people.

bread's done
Back