Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Good prices in the Sentai sale. Many items on my watch list are the same or $1 higher than their lows. New lows for Hakumei & Mikochi, Girls' Last Tour, and Sword Oratoria at $9.99 ea.

Well, the Sentai sale confirms that I messed around too long and missed out on Armored Trooper Votoms.
Same here with Penguindrum :\

I'm not going to actually use my code for Gundam, since I have Build Fighters, Wing, and 00 already. It doesn't take enough off 8th MS Team for me to bite. Is it usable by someone else?
What’s the fine print on the coupon? Is there a limit to how many items you can use it? An expiration date? Any Gundam series that are ineligible?

Also, what series would you (or anyone for that matter) recommend that aren’t part of the main timeline, as that’s a whole can of collecting worms that I don’t want to open quite yet. I know I’ve asked thIs question awhile ago in this thread, but I’m not sure what the easiest way would be to find that without going back page by page.

I'm not going to actually use my code for Gundam, since I have Build Fighters, Wing, and 00 already. It doesn't take enough off 8th MS Team for me to bite. Is it usable by someone else?
i would be super hype to try it. all i got was a 10% off anything coupon in the mail for rightstuf

Oooff, yeah, Sentai is going to be getting some more of my money. Some of those deals are just too good to pass up. Some of the lowest prices I've seen on a few titles. I'm feeling pretty good about the Sentai deals I've taken advantage of before. I seem to have a knack for picking the titles up when they are at least near their lowest point, but before they go out of print. I've already noticed a few entries that are NOT available from their store anymore but are sitting comfortably on my shelf.

What’s the fine print on the coupon? Is there a limit to how many items you can use it? An expiration date? Any Gundam series that are ineligible?

Also, what series would you (or anyone for that matter) recommend that aren’t part of the main timeline, as that’s a whole can of collecting worms that I don’t want to open quite yet. I know I’ve asked thIs question awhile ago in this thread, but I’m not sure what the easiest way would be to find that without going back page by page.
Fine print on the coupon. *Offer expires 11/23/2019. Coupon may not be stacked with other offers and items showing "Not Eligible for Promotional Discount" on the item page are excluded from this offer.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is a fun series that isn't part of the main timeline. It has an interesting story with great characters. The fight scenes between Gundam pilots are action packed. Some of the Gundam designs are completely absurd/goofy. It is best to approach this series as a "Fighting anime", instead of as a mecha war drama like other Gundam series/films. Episodes are available to stream on Crunchyroll.

I second the recommendation for G Gundam. It's definitely over-the-top in a ridiculous way, but highly amusing. Do not expect a serious drama, but more of a comedic drama.

Build Fighters is pretty good too, but very much falls into the "battle of the week" Card Captor/Power Ranger style so it's much more light hearted. I think the English dub is from China and is cringeworthy.

MS 08th team and Gundam 0080 are both part of the main series timeline, but are short standalone stories that are outstanding dramas that requires no knowledge of the main story. I cannot recommend them enough.

So last night I was able to use someone else’s code, and can confirm that it does indeed work. The code was GUNDAM-UZ64 if you wanted to compare it with yours and see if it’s an universal code or if each person’s code was unique (or i guess someone else could just try it themselves and see if it works).

Fine print on the coupon. *Offer expires 11/23/2019. Coupon may not be stacked with other offers and items showing "Not Eligible for Promotional Discount" on the item page are excluded from this offer.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is a fun series that isn't part of the main timeline. It has an interesting story with great characters. The fight scenes between Gundam pilots are action packed. Some of the Gundam designs are completely absurd/goofy. It is best to approach this series as a "Fighting anime", instead of as a mecha war drama like other Gundam series/films. Episodes are available to stream on Crunchyroll.
That was one of the ones I picked up. I had seen episodes here and there back in the day on Toonami, and had been wanting for a long time to watch it from beginning to end. I remember the Devil Gundam being amazingly horrifying.

I second the recommendation for G Gundam. It's definitely over-the-top in a ridiculous way, but highly amusing. Do not expect a serious drama, but more of a comedic drama.

Build Fighters is pretty good too, but very much falls into the "battle of the week" Card Captor/Power Ranger style so it's much more light hearted. I think the English dub is from China and is cringeworthy.

MS 08th team and Gundam 0080 are both part of the main series timeline, but are short standalone stories that are outstanding dramas that requires no knowledge of the main story. I cannot recommend them enough.
You weren’t kidding about Build Fighters’ dub being cringeworthy! It uh...was pretty bad. Turns out that whole series, both dubbed and subbed, is on YouTube and so free to watch - from an official Gundam channel too, I believe. So since we have free access to it I opted not to get it. Was going to get the last two you recommended, but the coupon code (which again, thank you for it!) didn’t drop it down as much as I was expecting. Apparently (with the exception of some movies) the code basically drops any series down to $30.

I ended up getting all of the Gundam 00 series, as from what I could gather online, it was a good jumping on point for Gundam newbies. Well, that and Iron Blood Orphans...but for whatever reason that was the one series that the code didn’t work on. Go figure.

Ugh...anyone else kinda hate Sentai’s new mobile layout? They now have it to where each item takes up pretty much the entirety of my phone’s screen, making scrolling through what they have much, MUCH more time-consuming and annoying when their inventory that’s on sale is so huge. And for whatever reason the site just straight up ignores my requests for the desktop version.

tried the code. wouldnt let me. looks like a unique one time code anyone can use. i would probably buy close to every gundam show on their site just to have in my collection. minus build fighters cause i got that on an amazon deal years ago.

Rightstuf Black Friday sale went up. I finally bought JoJo and Megalobox. I picked up Ancient bride since it’s back instock today. Keijo went by quick. I bought a copy but then I noticed it was gone from the website half an hour later. Can’t believe I spent money lol It’s been a while since I’ve bought anime

So here’s an oddball scenario I just came across. I decided to get some stuff from Rightstuf before their Cyber Monday week sales ended. Just a little before checking out though, almost every item in my cart randomly went up roughly a dollar. Is that normal, for prices to slightly fluctuate within a hour like that? I know places like Amazon can have that happen, but I didn’t think Rightstuf would do that.

And I did open up the site with a different browser where my account wasn’t logged in to see if it had something to do with my account specifically. Even then though the items had the slightly higher price. It’s really weird.

I went to a Walmart and as i was browsing the blu-rays found Milk Girl and Satellite Cow in the discount bin for $5. I've never seen a walmart sell anime for that cheap before. But here's the thing. The wrapping was really shoddy. It wasn't the normal shrinkwrap used in games and blu-rays. So I'm thinking it must have been a return that they rewrapped and resold at a discount. It doesn't say it was used though. Another clue is that it had a different barcode over the wrapping. Here's the original barcode: 826663187762 It's not the same barcode as what I scanned. I dont really care. I already checked the discs themselves and they look fine.

All the stores around me are OOS with the original $14.96 price but here's a brickseek link anyway: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=923182885

Is the Got Anime membership on rightstuf still worth it? I wanted to know how much I’d save on the kill la kill box set, but they wouldn’t tell me. Apparently you have to buy it to see the discount and if you don’t like it you can return the membership.

Is the Got Anime membership on rightstuf still worth it? I wanted to know how much I’d save on the kill la kill box set, but they wouldn’t tell me. Apparently you have to buy it to see the discount and if you don’t like it you can return the membership.
I've never seen the value in it, but then I tend to only buy anime from Rightstuf when it goes on sale and the membership never tends to stack with sale prices. I hear if you buy a lot of manga it might be worth it though.

You will not save anything on the Kill La Kill box set. All Aniplex products are excluded from the Got Anime discount unfortunately. The membership is really only worth it if you do buy a large quantity of manga or non-exclusive discs.

You will not save anything on the Kill La Kill box set. All Aniplex products are excluded from the Got Anime discount unfortunately. The membership is really only worth it if you do buy a large quantity of manga or non-exclusive discs.
Thanks! No wonder their policy is to not tell people who ask...

I went to a Walmart and as i was browsing the blu-rays found Milk Girl and Satellite Cow in the discount bin for $5. I've never seen a walmart sell anime for that cheap before. But here's the thing. The wrapping was really shoddy. It wasn't the normal shrinkwrap used in games and blu-rays. So I'm thinking it must have been a return that they rewrapped and resold at a discount. It doesn't say it was used though. Another clue is that it had a different barcode over the wrapping. Here's the original barcode: 826663187762 It's not the same barcode as what I scanned. I dont really care. I already checked the discs themselves and they look fine.

All the stores around me are OOS with the original $14.96 price but here's a brickseek link anyway: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=923182885
Meh. I didn't find the movie to be particularly good. The whole story was all over the place, with little to new explanation for the premise. I thought coffee samurai was a far better film.

I most definitely get my money's worth with the Got Anime membership - it's good for in-stock items and many Funimation pre-orders. I just made an order over the weekend which had 3 releases I got a membership discount on:

Starblazers Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Part 2 Blu-ray/DVD - GA Membership Discount $4.87

Galaxy Express 999 TV Series Collection 1 Blu-ray - GA Membership Discount $3.50

Millennium Actress Blu-ray/DVD - GA Membership Discount $2.16

So just in one order I used up $10.53 of the $18 membership fee.

On other orders/pre-orders this year I got these Got Anime discounts:

Elfen Lied Steelbook - $7.50 discount

Golden Kamuy - $4.87 discount

RErideD - $4.87 discount

Kimagure Orange Road OVA and Movies - $4.50 discount

Galaxy Express 999 - $2.24 discount

Adieu Galaxy Express 999 - $2.24 discount

And that is only going back 6 months, to July. So, over a year's worth of purchases, I do make out fairly well with my GA membership.

No.

Not unless you order a bunch of new anime each year from them. Also it doesn't combine with sales. So for 99% of CAG, no.

I just ordered the $800 Legend of the Galactic Heroes Premium box set yesterday and got no discount on that... Oh, I ordered that one from Sentai, not Rightstuf, so no GA discount.  ;)   :mrgreen:

Rightstuf is doing the encore for their daily Mega Deals which means the sales about to end. Better get any orders in if were holding out.

Tbh, a pretty meh sale.

Final few hours of the Sentai Holiday Sale.

I only picked up a few titles since I'm tapped out from the holidays:

Hakumei & Mikochi - $9.99

Hozuki's Coolheadedness S2 - $12.99

Kino's Journey SD - $7.99

Total (with $3.03 shipping): $34

I love Hakumei & Mikochi so much. Fans of casual slice-of-life series should give it a look.

Hozuki is hilarious. S2 is two cours, so you're getting 26 eps for $13.

If you enjoyed the 2017 ver of Kino's Journey, the original 2003 anime is even better!

Dollar Tree just got a new shipment of movies in. Among other things (The Mummy collection, Community season 2) I found a few episodes of Digimon Adventure Tri. 1, 3, & 5 to be specific; there are probably more to be found.

Dollar Tree just got a new shipment of movies in. Among other things (The Mummy collection, Community season 2) I found a few episodes of Digimon Adventure Tri. 1, 3, & 5 to be specific; there are probably more to be found.
My store had the fifth and sixth Digimon Tri movies.

Kind of salty because I bought the Fairy Tale bundle years ago and haven't even started it, and this bundle has even more..

Kind of salty because I bought the Fairy Tale bundle years ago and haven't even started it, and this bundle has even more..
At least the previous bundle included some of the FT side manga not in this one, so you shouldn't feel too bad. That said, the previous bundle stopped at vol 45 of the main series, while this one goes all the way to the final volume, 63.

$18 for the complete main series is a great deal. In the case of someone who bought the previous bundle, $18 for the final 18 volumes is still cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.

I know you wrote this a while ago but milk cow has been 5 for a while. I got a few last summer to try and sell on ebay for 10 dollars, I've sold 0 lol

I bought Satellite Girl and Milk Cow from a $5 Walmart bargain bin back in November.  Here is the phat stack of BDs I found from mining through the smelly ball pit:

walmart-5-bin.jpg

They had some good stuff.

I bought Satellite Girl and Milk Cow from a $5 Walmart bargain bin back in November. Here is the phat stack of BDs I found from mining through the smelly ball pit:

walmart-5-bin.jpg

They had some good stuff.
yeah there can be some great stuff in their 5 dollar bin.

the only movie in there I;ve seen is conjuring 2.

bread's done
Back