Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

been some time since i posted here..

i just recently pick up Absolute Duo and Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Absolute duo thus far story wise. its okay nothing major. but it got me hook cuz of the comedy scenes

and for Seiken Tsukai no World Break. i like how everyone remembers to past life. and the main character Moroha past life intertwines with the two female characters.

Absolute Duo ep 11 hasnt been release on eng sub :( bummer
i cannot believe you left out the ecchi harem anime The Testament of Sister New Devil. LOL

that one has the best story.

i cannot believe you left out the ecchi harem anime The Testament of Sister New Devil. LOL

that one has the best story.
ive never heard of that anime.im missing a lot of anime. couple weeks ago for the first time i saw Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex(movie)

i just recently DL

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

and

Isuca

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks for heads up and recommendation

im in the middle of the first ep of Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha and im already like wtf 0_o

not in a bad way though
the first episode is pretty tame and normal, later episodes are more daring.

the first episode from Seiken Tsukai no World Break, had me going wth, with the pink haired girl going nii-sama every 2 minutes

the first episode is pretty tame and normal, later episodes are more daring.

the first episode from Seiken Tsukai no World Break, had me going wth, with the pink haired girl going nii-sama every 2 minutes
well just finished the first ep and the ending was not what i was expecting . it has officially caught my attention.

as for Seiken Tsukai no World Break. the first couple episodes the pink hair girl Satsuki shows her taboo love towards her brother is i found strange. but when Shizuno step in i was just now this thing got interesting . the coffee shop scene had me laughing when they both motor boat Moroha.

well just finished the first ep and the ending was not what i was expecting . it has officially caught my attention.

as for Seiken Tsukai no World Break. the first couple episodes the pink hair girl Satsuki shows her taboo love towards her brother is i found strange. but when Shizuno step in i was just now this thing got interesting . the coffee shop scene had me laughing when they both motor boat Moroha.
Seiken Tsukai no World Break also has really bad quality animation. in some scenes , it looks really bad.

if you can stand watching Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha for the next few episodes. you should also check out

High School DxD. it is very similar

Seiken Tsukai no World Break also has really bad quality animation. in some scenes , it looks really bad.

if you can stand watching Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha for the next few episodes. you should also check out

High School DxD. it is very similar
i seen few eps of High School DxD. it was was okay. something i wouldnt follow .story wise . nothing but boobs lol

What the hell is that?

Edit: If you mean Solid State Society, oh god. I couldn't even finish it cause I kept falling asleep. And I liked Arise.
They did a couple of compilation movies, one for season 1 and one for season 2.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004VDL7JK/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1426527188&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=ghost+shell+blu
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004VDL7ZO/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1426527188&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=ghost+shell+blu

I also started a couple new ones. Watching a few episodes of each and see which show sticks:

The Testament of Sister New Devil - I'm not really into the brother/sister eiichi stuff, but they're not really brother & sister. They just like throwing around the word to tickle your taboo buttons. So if the comedy is good I can handle it.

World Break - Only saw the first episode of this. Not much of opinion yet but like the above they're not really bro/sis but there's a lot of onee-chan love. Kinda reminds me of Irregular at Magic High and Inou Battle.

Saekano (How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) - Typical harem where the lead character want's to make the best dating sim. There's really nothing new here. If you like Harem mixed with otaku culture then here ya go. Episode 0 was pretty funny with a a ton of fan service. Very similar to Pet Girl of Sakura Hall.

Natsume Yujin-Ko - Reminds me a bit of Mushi-shi but with more comedy. A kid going around releasing spirits bound to a book passed down by his grandmother. Like I said there's comedy but at the same time deep endings with a nice moral.

Looking at the Sentai sale highlights on Right Stuf I noticed that they have an upcoming release of She, The Ultimate Weapon on dvd.  I wonder why they didn't go with Saikano; the name that it was originally released under in the US. 

*Starts twitching at the Saikano ending, and the horrible mispronunciation of manga in the dub.  (she called it manja)

Looking at the Sentai sale highlights on Right Stuf I noticed that they have an upcoming release of She, The Ultimate Weapon on dvd. I wonder why they didn't go with Saikano; the name that it was originally released under in the US.
It might be that it's due to a show airing this season whose name sounds similar to it, Saekano. Even though Aniplex has the rights to that show, it could've been changed just to avoid confusion. As both shows have drastically different stories.

I resumed Durarara S2 and Tokyo Ghoul S2. Tokyo Ghoul always feels like it's going nowhere but since I already got this far into it I'll probably finish this season then skip any future seasons. I'll check out the manga though. 

I started Assassination Classroom and I dunno, it's not clicking with me. I've seen too many "survival game" anime's to the point that I'm pretty much done with them. 

Oh, and I watched Redline. Might have said so a few posts ago but I'm too lazy to check. I loved it. 

I resumed Durarara S2 and Tokyo Ghoul S2. Tokyo Ghoul always feels like it's going nowhere but since I already got this far into it I'll probably finish this season then skip any future seasons. I'll check out the manga though.

I started Assassination Classroom and I dunno, it's not clicking with me. I've seen too many "survival game" anime's to the point that I'm pretty much done with them.

Oh, and I watched Redline. Might have said so a few posts ago but I'm too lazy to check. I loved it.
It's a shame about Tokyo Ghoul. I started watching season 2 and I agree, it felt directionless. Let me know if it picks up latter on and I might give it another shot.

Sorry you didn't like Assassination Classroom. It's one of my favorite this season. But I don't see it as a survival anime. I see it more of a goofy anime version of The Substitute or any of those 90's movies where teachers try to reach troubled kids. If you don't mind me asking how far did you get?

^ I guess it's not as crazy as other survival anime's but technically
they have to kill the teacher or die.
It's more lighthearted for sure, but I might give it a try after a few months. I'm fresh out Future Diary which was way more extreme in comparison. 

Just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie In April). The finale was too good, almost perfect. 

The Kousei and Kaori duet is probably the saddest and greatest piece I have ever seen in a show.

Any recommendations for the spring 2015 line up?
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 2 aka Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku

i will link preview videos of some of the animes, so you can see if you like art/ styles

Denpa Kyoushi , about teacher similar to assass classroom, except without the violence

Owari no Seraph adaption from manga, similar to toyko ghoul, but except it is dealing with vampires/demons and humans. pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtzDAmRhD9s

Arslan Senki , i remember you mentioned enjoying akatsuki no yona. arslan senki is basically if yona was a male character pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmeXQAzM3Ro

Shokugeki no Souma, cooking anime, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdJZjfuhCnM

Kekkai Sensen, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eax0gMQpDk8

Hibike! Euphonium , another music anime similar to april is a lie. except mostly female characters, without romance with slice of life, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6H3zHgD9Dg

Ore Monogatari, if you enjoyed Wolf Girl and Black Prince. alot of similarities, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ZGWRnkdwQ

Triage X, high school of the dead creator., pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KEBxZjesLQ

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo, romance, and harem, with a interesting twist, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJVbuARH2sI

Lupin III

plastic memories, a little like chobits, with the android theme, pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fk4va8AqNc

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPHlJooEIl4

re-kan. pv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1p1vt4mX4A

Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation, pv:PV

Shokugeki no Souma, cooking anime
I was going to be sad if you didn't list Souma, as long as it's merely a decent adapation it should be loads of fun to watch.

Beyond that I didn't see Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) (new series from the creator of ranma 1/2 and inuyasha) and Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (honestly don't know a ton about this one aside from the trailer not looking bad and it being based off a well received light novel :p)

and above all else you missed the return of the sports anime show that put that silly volleyball anime and ace of diamond to shame... Baby Steps. It's nice to watch a sports anime with a main character that has a brain :p

beyond that though, ask again after april 5th as most of the shows I am interested in release by then. I've seen way to many anime based off solid manga/ great trailers that turn out to be garbage (why code breaker why) it's always much easier to give recommendations after stuff airs :p

Shokugeki no Souma will be the first spring anime I watch, I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll check out the manga before hand.

I should familiarize myself with voice actors, I recognized 3 of the character's voices haha. 

I was going to be sad if you didn't list Souma, as long as it's merely a decent adapation it should be loads of fun to watch.

Beyond that I didn't see Kyoukai no Rinne (TV) (new series from the creator of ranma 1/2 and inuyasha) and Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (honestly don't know a ton about this one aside from the trailer not looking bad and it being based off a well received light novel :p)

and above all else you missed the return of the sports anime show that put that silly volleyball anime and ace of diamond to shame... Baby Steps. It's nice to watch a sports anime with a main character that has a brain :p

beyond that though, ask again after april 5th as most of the shows I am interested in release by then. I've seen way to many anime based off solid manga/ great trailers that turn out to be garbage (why code breaker why) it's always much easier to give recommendations after stuff airs :p
ace of diamond has been showing / on for millions of years. baby steps and the volley ball is ok. the dungeon anime looks like your typical ecchi anime, basically log horizon with ecchi/harem. Rodimus doesn't really care for generic ecchi /harem / romance animes much. ranma 1/2 and inuyasha really show its age with the art style.

Shokugeki no Souma will be the first spring anime I watch, I'm intrigued. Maybe I'll check out the manga before hand.

I should familiarize myself with voice actors, I recognized 3 of the character's voices haha.
it contains some ecchi scenes, but it has a good plot.

ace of diamond has been showing / on for millions of years. baby steps and the volley ball is ok. the dungeon anime looks like your typical ecchi anime, basically log horizon with ecchi/harem. Rodimus doesn't really care for generic ecchi /haremanimes much. ranma 1/2 and inuyasha really show its age with the art style.
It's weird that your damning dungeon as a typical ecchi anime when it doesn't have those tags at all on any site (i'm not a fan of ecchi either)

I mean the PV has a little but of sexy female in it but it's clearly not the focus

but then you included what looks to be generic ecchi garbage like Triage X on your list o_O

It's weird that your damning dungeon as a typical ecchi anime when it doesn't have those tags at all on any site (i'm not a fan of ecchi either)

I mean the PV has a little but of sexy female in it but it's clearly not the focus

but then you included what looks to be generic ecchi garbage like Triage X on your list o_O
i only included it because i was a fan of high school of the dead. triage x is from the same author. i know it is ecchi garbage, but i enjoyed it. of all the anime i listed, i followed the manga way before the anime was announced

Started watching Occult Academy and it's pretty fun so far. Also Death Parade is excellent and you guys should check it out, there's also the short film Death Billiards that it's based on.

I have a couple episodes of Yowapeda and Yona of Dawn. Can't wait. Unfortunately I think Yona is done for the season while Yowapeda only has one more left.

Other anime I've been watching which are wrapping up are Death Parade, Yatterman Night, Parasyste and Your Lie in April which already ended.

I think Log Horizon season 2 is wrapping up, but it wasn't that good. If the season ends well enough I'll consider season 3 if or when it comes out.

Started watching Occult Academy and it's pretty fun so far. Also Death Parade is excellent and you guys should check it out, there's also the short film Death Billiards that it's based on.

I have a couple episodes of Yowapeda and Yona of Dawn. Can't wait. Unfortunately I think Yona is done for the season while Yowapeda only has one more left.

Other anime I've been watching which are wrapping up are Death Parade, Yatterman Night, Parasyste and Your Lie in April which already ended.

I think Log Horizon season 2 is wrapping up, but it wasn't that good. If the season ends well enough I'll consider season 3 if or when it comes out.
if you like death parade, and madhouse studio, you should check out their next anime based on mmo called

Overlord, below is a preview. it airs this summer in july

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNAPPcjDr4

crap i was typing and i accidentally press back now i gotta retype everything..

absolute duo ended ..it was an okay but it needed more back story for the characters. at least on the main characters. maybe season 2?

tokyo ghoul well it seems to be dragging lots of crying . it isnt going no where at least not now 

kantai collection is another anime i pick up but the main character is annoying me. maybe its me but the main character hasnt really contribute to anything .. 

i downloaded a season of high school dxd only watch 3 eps anime boobs are fine. but they did put a lot towards the main characters perv actions/ mind . i just wasnt into it.

about to pick up Cross Ange, high school of the dead and triage x 

i havent look into spring line up maybe ill find something good to watch . 

So I just found out Origa died. Kinda bummed because I wanted to see her perform in person.

I also just saw Scarlett Johansson is going to be the Major...Please tell me this will go the way as Keanu as Spike and Leo/Akira.

I think Origa's passing was mentioned here, same with ScarJo signing on to be Kusanagi. Maybe it was in the deals thread.

Should I back into Shirobako? I watched the first episode and it seemed a bit busy. Lots of characters and I felt lost at times. But now that it's ending I'm hearing a lot of positive things.

Now that the winter season is ending I'm looking to a couple Fall/Winter anime I missed to keep busy until the Spring season.

And again any recommendations for Spring would be appreciated. Ore Monogatari!! and Gintama are the only 2 on watch list so far.

And again any recommendations for Spring would be appreciated. Ore Monogatari!! and Gintama are the only 2 on watch list so far.
If Souma is even a quarter as good as the manga it should be a fun watch (if it's nearly on par with the manga it will be a top 5 contender for anime of the year for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei7r95k5d_Q

as I said before I will know more next sunday when the majority of the spring season have aired the first episode :p

i am interested in how are they going to adapt the manga, i just started reading the manga recently
There hasn't been an episode count listed yet, but from the trailers it should adapt nearly every bit of content that is out for the series at this time (the content that is up to the point that is about 10 chapters behind where it currently is at) It would likely be possible to cover that all in 26 episodes if they aim for content packed episodes. That being said, it's a WSJ manga and naruto is ending soon and the series is gaining quite a bit of popularity even before the anime, so it wouldn't be surprising if the anime adaption ran closer to 52 episodes to cover the content that is out (the pacing shouldn't be to bad as there is a lot of stuff to cover) and they aimed to make it a new long running series.

Personally I wouldn't mind a 52 episode first series, and then a 6 month break, and then repeated 26 episode seasons. having something liek souma go to filler could end very very very poorly. on the flip side if they worked with the author and were allowed to use that filler to dive into what is going on with the non main characters it could be fun.

on the flip side it's JC staff and they haven't done a long running anime in over a decade.

There hasn't been an episode count listed yet, but from the trailers it should adapt nearly every bit of content that is out for the series at this time (the content that is up to the point that is about 10 chapters behind where it currently is at) It would likely be possible to cover that all in 26 episodes if they aim for content packed episodes. That being said, it's a WSJ manga and naruto is ending soon and the series is gaining quite a bit of popularity even before the anime, so it wouldn't be surprising if the anime adaption ran closer to 52 episodes to cover the content that is out (the pacing shouldn't be to bad as there is a lot of stuff to cover) and they aimed to make it a new long running series.

Personally I wouldn't mind a 52 episode first series, and then a 6 month break, and then repeated 26 episode seasons. having something liek souma go to filler could end very very very poorly. on the flip side if they worked with the author and were allowed to use that filler to dive into what is going on with the non main characters it could be fun.

on the flip side it's JC staff and they haven't done a long running anime in over a decade.
but i do wonder if it is going to ecchi heavy, with tons of censoring with white light bars. LOL, which really takes away some of the enjoyment from animes. there is no way there will be 52 episodes for the first season. it will get 12 episodes most likely. 24 episode if it is lucky.

but i do wonder if it is going to ecchi heavy, with tons of censoring with white light bars. LOL, which really takes away some of the enjoyment from animes. there is no way there will be 52 episodes for the first season. it will get 12 episodes most likely. 24 episode if it is lucky.
unless they go in a drastically different direction from the manga it shouldn't be ecchi heavy. The reactions are a bit ecchi but those ton down after the first quarter of the manga.

with the trailers there is no way in hell it's only 12 episodes. 26 episodes for the stuff they have shown in trailers would already be going at a super fast speed the only way 12 episodes would work is if they threw the manga away and just did a completely original work, which is extremely unlikely with WSJ most promising new manga series, and unlikely given the trailers as they introduce characters in order as to how you would expect them to show up via the manga.

I suppose there is a small chance it could be a split cur, but given what assassination classroom is getting (which is a similarly popular WSJ series) that also seems extremely unlikely.

I do agree it's unlikely it will get 52 episodes, but it's way more likely than it just getting 12 episodes. It's a series that has been on the rise for quite a while and that is already managing to get in the top 5 of manga sales in NA despite not having an aired anime yet.

Souma sounds interesting. I read a quick synopsis and saw the video you posted. Looks like something I'd like.

Yowapeda finale is bittersweet. What a great ending, but I'm sad to see it go. Without a doubt this is my favorite sports anime I've seen.

Log Horizon and Parasyte are also done. I wasn't a huge fan of Log Horizon this season. Too much focus on lesser and sub characters. The show shines when Shiroe is being a badass and that didn't really happen much this season. Next season needs to work hard to keep my interest. On the other hand Parasyte was a blast. I totally recommend it to anyone. It's got action, creepy stuff, comedy & sex. 

Also finished My Romantic Teen Comedy SNAFU. I've been hearing hype over the next season coming up so I checked it out. It was alright but nothing special. A little disappointed since there was little to no character development. But it was enjoyable.

I caught up with Durarara, Tokyo Ghoul, and Fairy Tail

DRR  S2- Slow-ish pace as always. Hope to god there is a second half so things actually happen with these new characters.

Tokyo Ghoul S2 - This series seems to always go too fast. At least we finally got some backstory for more characters. I'm actually looking forward to a S3 now. 

Fairy Tail - One filler arc ends and now we're in the final push with random filler episodes and a mediocre mini filler arc. I got a sneaking suspicion that FT will be gone again (or forever maybe) after this upcoming canon arc finishes.

Jojo Part 3 S2 - Only watched a few episodes but it seems like Jojo has transformed more into a typical shonen as most of Part 3 has been just introducing on how many people Dio jipped/forced to be his puppets. I'm not caught up but I'm tempted to wait for last episode to air just so I can skip straight to Dio.

I started on Parasyte last night and it's pretty damn legit. Been a while since I watched an anime that has aliens and is dark on top of that. A lot of anime's have softened up in recent years and it great to see something that doesn't really screw around (in other words, no filler -- the plot actually keeps going). And I read very little about it beforehand so coming in fresh was a great thing too.  

Does anyone know how faithful the Parasyte anime is to the manga? I've really wanted to watch Durarara S2, but I'm waiting for the dub.

Does anyone know how faithful the Parasyte anime is to the manga? I've really wanted to watch Durarara S2, but I'm waiting for the dub.
From what I read it's pretty much a page for page adaptation. Looking back at it,it really shoves a fist through your head with it's themes at the end,to the point of being comical.

Jojo Part 3 S2 - Only watched a few episodes but it seems like Jojo has transformed more into a typical shonen as most of Part 3 has been just introducing on how many people Dio jipped/forced to be his puppets. I'm not caught up but I'm tempted to wait for last episode to air just so I can skip straight to Dio.
Don't do it. The fights are genuinely awesome. I love all the mind games they play and how complex the tactics get. And things get better once they get to Egypt.

Yowapeda finale is bittersweet. What a great ending, but I'm sad to see it go. Without a doubt this is my favorite sports anime I've seen.

Log Horizon and Parasyte are also done. I wasn't a huge fan of Log Horizon this season. Too much focus on lesser and sub characters. The show shines when Shiroe is being a badass and that didn't really happen much this season. Next season needs to work hard to keep my interest. On the other hand Parasyte was a blast. I totally recommend it to anyone. It's got action, creepy stuff, comedy & sex.

Also finished My Romantic Teen Comedy SNAFU. I've been hearing hype over the next season coming up so I checked it out. It was alright but nothing special. A little disappointed since there was little to no character development. But it was enjoyable.
my romantic teen comedy is just like that. i am looking forward to Seraph of the End, as my replacement for the disappointment in toyko ghoul in season 2. and also one punch man

bread's done
Back