Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

WTF with the octopus rapey scene?
I don't think there will be another reaction that even goes half as wrong as that one. The reactions will get less sexualized as the series goes on, they will still be sexualized to a degree but nothing like we are seeing early on. If nudity offends though it should be avoided around the wife as clothes like to explode off people in this series as you already likely noticed :p

Arslan Senki 

BabySteps 2

Seraph of the end

Triage X

Kekkai Sensen

Ore Monogatari!

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

and Unlimited Blade works

these are the shows im following 

im a sucker when a main character is a shy person and goofy  :)

as for downloading shows. i find it more convenient and faster.

have not seen food wars. 

Arslan Senki

BabySteps 2

Seraph of the end

Triage X

Kekkai Sensen

Ore Monogatari!

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan

and Unlimited Blade works

these are the shows im following

im a sucker when a main character is a shy person and goofy :)

as for downloading shows. i find it more convenient and faster.

have not seen food wars.
the only one on your list , i cannot get into is baby steps. triage x has a pretty decent plot/story, despite being a fan service show, way better than that show high school dxd boin

Last edited by a moderator:
the only one on your list , i cannot get into is baby steps. triage x has a pretty decent plot/story, despite being a fan service show, way better than that show high school dxd boin
well baby steps is a sequel, thus starting with the first season is a good idea.

if you did, well not every show is for everyone. Personally I am enjoying a show watching someone get better using intelligence and hard work instead of I WILL LEVEL UP AND OWN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hard work.

personally I couldn't stand yuki chan. you remove the magic from the setting and the characters I know and love fall completely flat... plus yuki as a moe blob is just annoying not cute.

It didn't offend me. I know the series was sexualized going in but it caught me off guard is all.
I didn't figure it would you, I was talking about your wife.

well baby steps is a sequel, thus starting with the first season is a good idea.

if you did, well not every show is for everyone. Personally I am enjoying a show watching someone get better using intelligence and hard work instead of I WILL LEVEL UP AND OWN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and hard work.

personally I couldn't stand yuki chan. you remove the magic from the setting and the characters I know and love fall completely flat... plus yuki as a moe blob is just annoying not cute.

I didn't figure it would you, I was talking about your wife.
i just watch yuki for the comedy. i also watched Mikagura School Suite, and etotama, pretty funny with their stupid troupes. as well as Hibike! Euphonium

i agree some animes are not for everyone. babysteps s01 should be watch before s02 . 

like zulux mention its not anime about magic or supernatural powers. i like how they show how he struggles and with hard work and dedication( i sound like mayweather) he is able to prevail. 

high school dxd born = lol - i watched all the previous eps and episode after episode the perv factor keeps growing. perviness = strength 

i just watch yuki for the comedy. i also watched Mikagura School Suite, and etotama, pretty funny with their stupid troupes. as well as Hibike! Euphonium
See I couldn't find any comedy with Yuki. In general moeblobs just make me want to post the burn it with fire gif repeatedly and yuki was no exception. and without the magic aspect kyon was super boring as a main character. I might watch it if it gets dubbed but all the series makes me want to do is rewatching the haruhi movie.

i agree some animes are not for everyone. babysteps s01 should be watch before s02 .

like zulux mention its not anime about magic or supernatural powers. i like how they show how he struggles and with hard work and dedication( i sound like mayweather) he is able to prevail.

high school dxd born = lol - i watched all the previous eps and episode after episode the perv factor keeps growing. perviness = strength
main reason I enjoy baby steps is because we clearly see why he is getting better, and why he can have moments that just click. I mean sure other sports shows have people train but in general it's some magical coach that knows exactly what to do that gets them to do what they need to and have it click. In baby steps he gets guidance but he often questions things and figures out things on his own figuring out ways to get to his end goal. Plus games don't really drag on. first season... 5 episode volleyballl game. first season 5 episode baseball game, first season... I think the matches topped out at 2, the last game might have been 3. There is no horrid pacing on the games, if there is struggling going on we quickly get through it. it's great.

no kidding on that octopus rape scene. food orgasm lol . i might keep watching it seems okay thus far. 

finished watching Parasite. good show. 

Well Ninja Slayer so far is shaping up to be the early contender for anime of the year.  I do find it hilarious how the production committee let them basically do Inferno Cop 2.0 with this.

Well Ninja Slayer so far is shaping up to be the early contender for anime of the year. I do find it hilarious how the production committee let them basically do Inferno Cop 2.0 with this.
i hope you are not serious, it arguably the worst anime for this year, so much for the hype. where did all that money for the production go? LOL

i hope you are not serious, it arguably the worst anime for this year, so much for the hype. where did all that money for the production go? LOL
Am going guess you haven't watched the director's last piece Inferno Cop. It obviously a satire from the bad animation,having a 4:3 aspect ratio,and the audio being in mono. I do find the reaction from the people who really had their expectations high up for this more funny than the show itself.

Am going guess you haven't watched the director's last piece Inferno Cop. It obviously a satire from the bad animation,having a 4:3 aspect ratio,and the audio being in mono. I do find the reaction from the people who really had their expectations high up for this more funny than the show itself.
It's still possible to dislike a satirical work, although they should be aware that it's a satire in the first place.

It's still possible to dislike a satirical work, although they should be aware that it's a satire in the first place.
Oh if course you don't have to like it just because it's a satire work(Punch Line).Most people watching this don't seem to be aware that it is one though and were expecting an over-the-top action show like KLK,which is a little understandable due to the PV videos.

Ore Monogatari! -  two eps in all i can say is wow the main character is an idiot

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - i was not  expecting a lesbian character. will keep watching for the dumb comedy 

Gunslinger Stratos - still early for me to tell how is this going to fold. but lil mind fuck - parallel universe 

Triage X - crime fighting big boob nurses - why not keep watching

finished 

you lie in april - damn wat a sad anime

parasite - good show, just the forest eps. felt like it drag on a bit

Kuroko just got really interesting with the gaiden story of how the Generation of Miracles got together. I always wanted to see this story so it's going to be a treat. Aomine being the nice guy is interesting. Can't wait to she what changes him into his grumpy ol' self. And also why Momoi crushes on lowly Kuroko. Good stuff going on in this show.

I plan on checking out The Heroic Legend of Arslan and Plastic Memories soon.

This season isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. A bunch of new shows i"m getting into. Food Wars, My Love Story, Plastic Memories, Picking up Girls in Dungeons, Arslan. All fun shows.

Also started watching House of Five Leaves. It's good, but I have a feeling the story isn't going to be complete within the 12 episodes.

I have no idea how I was unaware of this thread. Hi!

Shriobako ended on an amazing note. The show dragged at the start but the second half of the show was a lot stronger the first half.
Probably starting this one tomorrow. Been meaning to start it forever, but I wanted to at least let Parasyte and Log Horizon run their course first.

This seems more fun as Log Horizon kinda sucked last season.
Ugh, tell me about it. I loved the Kunie arc but the kid parade near the end of the season had us groaning the whole time.

Any recommendations for a action/gore anime? Something new-ish. Its for my bro, i was chatting it up with him on sat night. Hes watching Killa ga Kill. But off top of my head I couldn't think of a anime he might enjoy.

Any recommendations for a action/gore anime? Something new-ish. Its for my bro, i was chatting it up with him on sat night. Hes watching Killa ga Kill. But off top of my head I couldn't think of a anime he might enjoy.
Gokukoku no Brynhildr. tokyo ghoul, seprah of the end, akame ga kill, fate stay night unlimited bladeworks, fate /zero.

Terror in Resonance, aldnoah zero, Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus

I have no idea how I was unaware of this thread. Hi!

Probably starting this one tomorrow. Been meaning to start it forever, but I wanted to at least let Parasyte and Log Horizon run their course first.

Ugh, tell me about it. I loved the Kunie arc but the kid parade near the end of the season had us groaning the whole time.
Welcome. Probably my favorite thing about last season of Log Horizon was the Ninja Turtle reference. But that dude was only in it for like 2 episodes. I like the fact that he was American.

Akame ga Kill sounds about up his alley. I would definitely check that out. Lots of great characters but just don't get too attached.

Another strong recommendation is Parasyte which just finished. Lots of action and gore. I would also recommend Tokyo Ghoul but it kinda falls apart in season 2. I didn't finish it, but I liked the first season a lot.

I seen those anime but for whatever reason i just couldnt think of an anime for him. At least on that night (sat). Plus we were back and forth on anime and comic books (marvel). His sister in law just look at us and laughs.

I told him about
Akame ga Kill
Parasyte
Highschool of the dead (he likes zombie so he might like that)

Looking to add a couple simulcasts to my que. Anyone seen any of these shows?:

Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen)

The Heroic Legend of Arslan

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign

Show by Rock!

Maria the Virgin Witch

Show by Rock!

Maria the Virgin Witch
i have seen all of them

maria the virgin witch is pretty good,

the heroic legend of arslan is basically akatsuki no yona, with a male lead

blood blockage battlefront, is kinda ok

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign is pretty good, kinda like toyko ghoul in terms of character development

show by rock is ok

Hibike! Euphonium , etotama and yamada kun and the seven witches are others i will recommend

Show by Rock!

Maria the Virgin Witch
I'm watching Maria the Virgin Witch right now, about 8 episodes in, and it's actually pretty good! The name made it sound a bit ridiculous to me at first, but it's interesting enough for me to keep watching it.

i have seen all of them

maria the virgin witch is pretty good,

the heroic legend of arslan is basically akatsuki no yona, with a male lead

blood blockage battlefront, is kinda ok

Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign is pretty good, kinda like toyko ghoul in terms of character development

show by rock is ok

Hibike! Euphonium , etotama and yamada kun and the seven witches are others i will recommend
You have it backwards, Akatsuki is Arslan with a female lead, the manga (and the original OVAS) were around almost a score of years before Akatsuki.

Finished up Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend yesterday.  It was one of the better shows of last season.    They left it on a weird note along with placing the epilogue before the first episode.

Was disappointed when I looked up what happens in the light novel after the show.   It's kinda depressing.
With Tomoya not finishing the game in time for Winter Comket due to helping Eriri recover from being sick around Christmas.   After this, Kato becomes distant with him and Eriri starts getting close to him(although she starts having trouble drawing).  

Then Eriri & Utaha get poached by another game producer around Valentine's Day.  With Eriri wanting to leave, blaming Tomoya on not being forceful enough to get her to draw again and being too close to him.  Utaha(who graduated high school) left due to wanting to work with Eriri again professionally.   It was this producer that goes to such extreme methods to get people to improve that when they first met Utaha, they told her to die due to the way she writes(WTF?).

Thus leaving Tomoya & Kato as the only active members of the circle.  After this Tomoya & Kato patch things up after she unloads how angry and disappointed she's been at him the past few months(during this, he mentions Eriri was his first love).

It's at this time they start work on another game, named after the name of the actual series.  Tomoya sees Utaha & Eriri off on their new job.  Eriri takes the glasses that Kato bought him as a souvenir, while Utaha kisses him since he couldn't see anything.   Tomoya vows to make a game worthy of getting them back.  

Meanwhile, new school year starts with Tomoya wearing contacts(since his glasses were taken) and Kato going back the hairstyle at the beginning(cutting the ponytail, saying that was her "vengeful" version).  Also Izumi(the artist 2 years younger than him) joins his school as a first year(and presumably his new artist for the circle) and Michiru failed the entrance exams for Tomoya's school.

Always wanted to know what happened in Saekano after it just kinda cuts off. Thanks for the synopsis. It was not only depressing but disappointing. But I'm confused because in episode 0 I was under the impression they finish the game.  That was really a weird and misleading episode.

Always wanted to know what happened in Saekano after it just kinda cuts off. Thanks for the synopsis. It was not only depressing but disappointing. But I'm confused because in episode 0 I was under the impression they finish the game. That was really a weird and misleading episode.
IMO episode 0 wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it looked like just a fan service episode they made to get people's attention before the series started.

Looks like there is enough content for a second season which I wouldn't mind

Always wanted to know what happened in Saekano after it just kinda cuts off. Thanks for the synopsis. It was not only depressing but disappointing. But I'm confused because in episode 0 I was under the impression they finish the game. That was really a weird and misleading episode.
The way the summary worded it
the game was finished, just after their deadline

Where the light novels are right now is supposedly the 1st half of the story according to the author. So it's not over yet.

I've been on an crusade to watch some older anime I've always wanted to see or never finished. So I finished up Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Camploo. Never watched them all the way through. Great shows. Samurai Champloo had a couple stinkers but Bebop was pretty damn consistant.

Now I'm onto Tenchi Muyo. I've seen all the movies and was always intrested in the series. I watched a couple episodes back when it aired on Toonami. I think I'll skip the OVAs and just go with the Universe series. I just don't want to see the same story twice. After that I plan on going on to Tenchi in Tokyo. Any recomendations on how I should watch the series?

Do NOT skip the OVAs. For one thing, that is the main pillar of the franchise and the only one headed by the original creator. It also has much more lore and depth compared to Universe. GXP and War on Giminar also take place in that universe.

However, feel free to skip Tenchi in Tokyo.

Then should I watch the OVAs and not watch Universe? Only reason why I'm more intrested in Universe is because I watched the movies which seem to take place in the Universe series. That's just what I'm used to. With Ryoko being a space pirate rather than an ancient demon.

Another question. What's differnce between Tenchi: Ryo-Ohki and the OVAs? From what I gather they're the same but Funimation has them listed separately.

Universe is a decent self-contained thing, but the OVAS are classics, especially the first two. And Ryoko is a space pirate in the OVAs. Every episode offers some great character development and the 2nd set gets quite emotional.

The "Ryo-Ohki" part is part of the true title in Japan. Pioneer just left it out of their English dub. FUNimation didn't.

Also, if I actually ever had a kid, "Washu's Lullaby" would be their sleep song.

I will warn you that OAV3 is...divisive to say the least.

Okay, I'll start watching the OVAs then. I don't know much about the series outside of the movies so thanks for the help.

But you're saying I should skip Tenchi in Tokyo. Is it that bad?

Okay, I'll start watching the OVAs then. I don't know much about the series outside of the movies so thanks for the help.

But you're saying I should skip Tenchi in Tokyo. Is it that bad?
The OAVs were awesome, and canon. Ryo-oh-ki (in the US) is part 3 of the OAV, created after Universe and Tokyo. You don't really have to watch them, but I guess you would for completeness.

Universe is ok. Non-canon, the characters are less special than their OAV canon.

Really, don't click unless you've seen the OAV.
Basically, two of the canon characters in the household are gods, and a couple other characters are on par with their power.

Tokyo is also ok, but considered the worst of the lot. It's a lot more romance and a lot less action than the other versions, so it felt like it wasn't really a Tenchi series. But if you know not to expect anything more than a more slice-of-life version than a Tenchi adventure, it's watchable.

The OAVs were awesome, and canon. Ryo-oh-ki (in the US) is part 3 of the OAV, created after Universe and Tokyo. You don't really have to watch them, but I guess you would for completeness..
Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense now. Because Funimation have the OVAs and Ryo-Ohki listed separately, but when I tried looking up info about the series the OVAs were refereed to as Ryo-Ohki so I got a little confused.

I guess it's decided. I'll drop Universe and check out the OVAs tonight if I have time.

After Tenchi I was thinking about trying out The Slayers. Always wanted to watch that one too.

Tokyo's problems were many. The plot became stupider (Episode 3 has the gang face off against a purple cell phone monster), the animation is horrible, the characters have become one note, the mythology of previous series is long gone, and the main bad guy is beaten with a hug. There are some good plot lines during the 3/4 mark, but by that time the show passed the horrible mark.

EDIT: Also, Universe, though simplified from the OAVs, is still a pretty decent show on its own and IS worth watching. Plus, it has Kiyone.

well after couple episodes i think im dropping Punch Line, the production is there but the story line thus far is crap. other then that maybe drop the disappearance of nogato i have a feeling that the story is not gonna go no where. maybe confess her feelings at end of the season. another one is Kyoukai no Rinne

other then that im sticking with

Seraph of the End

Food Wars

Baby Steps S2

Arslan Senki 

UBW

couple more shows as well

Punch Line is like a piece of shit wrapped up as a candy bar.

I still need catch up with Arslan and Seraph of the End. Haven't checked those out yet.

I did watch the first few episodes of Tenchi OVAs. Good stuff but dear good wtf is up with the intro? It's seizure inducing, i can't even look at it.

Your right about Punch Line

One anime im of shame off is Highschool DxD lol.at first i couldn't stand it. But it was cuz i started watching season 2 without seeing season 1.so i backtrack. Its okay. But damn ther pervy ness is crazy

bread's done
Back