Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

If you guys/gals want a good rom/com check out Ore Monogatori (My Love Story). 4 episodes in and its pretty damn good.
I also enjoy that anime. At first i kinda didn't cuz the main character is a complete idiot but after last week episode it grew on me. I'll keep watching

Yep, everyone loves the big guy now. I first I thought it was going to be 12 episodes of misunderstandings but they got it done by episode 3.

Finally started and finished Cowboy Bebop. Never seen it before, felt like starting a new series and with the massive amount of praise it receives I figured i'd finally get to it. I thought it was really great, not perfect but I enjoyed it very much. The animation is truly amazing; its like feature film quality in every episode. Will watch the movie in a little while.

After I decided to jump on another Shinichirō Watanabe anime; Terror in Resonance - which I have one episode left to watch. I am enjoying this a lot too. I like the fact its only 11 episodes so I don't feel like I have to power through a long series.

Not sure if I should watch either Samurai Champloo or Barakamon next..

I also recently finished up Cowboy Bebop for the first time. 

As for Barakamon or Samurai Champloo they are both great. Personally I enjoyed Barakamon more. If you want something similar to Bebop with a great mix of action, drama, comedy of course Champloo. Barakamon if you want a low key comedy where the MC isn't a high school student.

@ Cage017 JoJo is amazing. It's like nothing else and follows it's own beat.. Plus it's one of the few anime where I never skip the ins and outs. Also the posing..... such posing

Last edited by a moderator:
Champloo is NOT the perfect masterpiece Bebop is. It has a weaker storyline, weaker characterization, less realistic comedy, and the villains and back story feel more contrived than Bebop's did.

Saying all of that, I love Champloo so much more than Bebop it isn't even funny.

Then again, I am also one of those rare people who didn't care about Spike's storyline and found Ed and Jet way more interesting and loved every single episode they starred in, including Bohemian Rhapsody.

And all of these years later, I still don't like Edward.

I don't remember liking Champloo ... except for one episode involving baseball.

Watanabe said that Ed is basically an exaggerated Yoko Kanno and after seeing her in concert, I can confirm that it is so true.

The church scene in "ballad of fallen angels" is one of the greatest moments in cinematic history. I am obviously biased, but for me there has not been a better series than Bebop. The mix of comedy, drama, music, poetry, character development, and so on are a perfect balance.

I also love outlaw star, thought OS seems like more of a beginning than an end.

I also love FMA non-brother hood.

I'd say those are my top 3, but that could always change.

Champloo is NOT the perfect masterpiece Bebop is. It has a weaker storyline, weaker characterization, less realistic comedy, and the villains and back story feel more contrived than Bebop's did.

Saying all of that, I love Champloo so much more than Bebop it isn't even funny.

Then again, I am also one of those rare people who didn't care about Spike's storyline and found Ed and Jet way more interesting and loved every single episode they starred in, including Bohemian Rhapsody.
I'm confused. So knowing the other is better you still like the lesser of the two?

Just because something is technically better doesn't mean I have to like it more than the lesser one. The interplay and comraderie among the trio was a huge strength of the series, one of the few things it does better than Bebop. And the wackier episodes felt more at home here than in Bebop as well. Plus, it was just more fun overall.

some people like Cowboy Bebop some like Champloo then theres others that like Space Dandy.

from i somewhat remember i didnt finish Bebob but did finish Champloo. dont remember much of either stories but i did enjoyed both. i would have to rewatch them to give an honest opinion 

Watched the first episode of Deadman Wonderland. It's defiantly interesting, I'll stick with it and see where it goes.

Champloo was all style and no substance. Not a bad show,but it didn't do anything for me at all.
But it had Japanese swords. Otherwise known as Katana.

some people like Cowboy Bebop some like Champloo then theres others that like Space Dandy.

from i somewhat remember i didnt finish Bebob but did finish Champloo. dont remember much of either stories but i did enjoyed both. i would have to rewatch them to give an honest opinion
I never got through the first episode of Space Dandy.

What I did watch was really bad.

IMO

IMO
Space Dandy was very inconstant. It had several gems but there where some really bad ones too. I don't remember episode 1 being particularly good. The first half defiantly better then the second. Plus it's great for gifs.

tumblr_nesetrXDzD1tdq4r6o10_500.gif

IMO
The first episode felt like the animators were just having a field day,and were trying so damn hard at being wacky. I watched the first 5 which didn't really do anything for. It's visually stunning,but jokes don't really get a laugh out of me.

I actually loved Space Dandy, but I was in it largely for the art direction. It's one that I came to appreciate more as I got further in, but I can't say there's any huge or amazing payoff. Some great gags and some AMAZING sequences in there though. Also the fucking soundtrack.

I haven't seen space dandy, but I am not a fan of the character design. Champloo was alright, but I don't think I finished the series. I found it and AFRO samurai to be similar. They were both entertaining in their own way. Eventhough I like "the wu", I don't like the whole hip-hop samurai genre.

Just found out Shinichiro Watanabe directed "Kids on the Slope" too. So that's probably my favorite of his. The dude loves music as a major theme.

Finished up Tenchi OVA. It was okay but damn is it dated. Then again it is the OG harem anime. But still I'm glad I watched it. Just another check off my anime bucket list.

Started watching Sound! Euphonium. I like this one. Anytime anime has music as a central focus I'm game. Anyone else watching this?

Plastic Memories is an emotional rollercoster. Personally having a kid and watching the last 2 episodes was heavy. Kinda reminds me of the movie A.I. (you know, the robot movie with kid that voiced Sora)

And my daughter started watching Chi's Sweet Home. They're like 3 minute long episodes about a cat's perspective on adapting to a new house. It's really cute and my little one loves the theme song.

How's the second season of durarara?

Is unlimited blade works (2014) worth watching? I've seen the other two adaptations.

Finished up Tenchi OVA. It was okay but damn is it dated. Then again it is the OG harem anime. But still I'm glad I watched it. Just another check off my anime bucket list.

Started watching Sound! Euphonium. I like this one. Anytime anime has music as a central focus I'm game. Anyone else watching this?

Plastic Memories is an emotional rollercoster. Personally having a kid and watching the last 2 episodes was heavy. Kinda reminds me of the movie A.I. (you know, the robot movie with kid that voiced Sora)

And my daughter started watching Chi's Sweet Home. They're like 3 minute long episodes about a cat's perspective on adapting to a new house. It's really cute and my little one loves the theme song.
yeah, i watched soun euphonium, it is a very slice of life feel.

plastic memories is good too, you should keep watching. you will be surprised in the later episodes

yo ! how about the latest ep of Ore Monogatari..whats the secret????

other then that im just keeping up with anime and watching to love-ru its okay no real story line. 

any other animes worth watching. ??? old or new 

yo ! how about the latest ep of Ore Monogatari..whats the secret????

other then that im just keeping up with anime and watching to love-ru its okay no real story line.

any other animes worth watching. ??? old or new
Have you seen Princess Jellyfish? Why the fuck has no one recommended this yet? I started watching last night and blazed through 5 episodes. Really good show. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Netflix both sub & dub.

Also finished up Deadman Wonderland. It started out strong but I was a little disappointed in how it ended. I wanted to see more about the inter workings of the prison and some more of the death games. But halfway through it abandons that for blood fighting and Ganta crying in every scene. Obviously the anime ends without closure and without finishing the story. Hate it when that happens.

already seen Ninja Slayer = it was total crap. i could barely watch the first ep which is only 12mins

Rage of Bahamut i have not seen..
aldnoah zero captain earth, buddy complex, M3: Sono Kuroki Tetsu, M3 The Dark Metal and Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen

if you like mecha anime

Have you seen Princess Jellyfish? Why the fuck has no one recommended this yet? I started watching last night and blazed through 5 episodes. Really good show. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's on Netflix both sub & dub.

Also finished up Deadman Wonderland. It started out strong but I was a little disappointed in how it ended. I wanted to see more about the inter workings of the prison and some more of the death games. But halfway through it abandons that for blood fighting and Ganta crying in every scene. Obviously the anime ends without closure and without finishing the story. Hate it when that happens.
Have not seen it. But will add to my back log.

PJ was a solid show. I am usually to busy pushing Nana and Skip Beat to remember about PJ though lol.

So One Piece is in the "running" section of the arc. I always hate these. It takes like 10 episodes to get from point A to point B. It's so grating.

Almost done with Princess Jellyfish. It has a positive message for both ends of the social spectrum. Plus the ending theme is Sambomaster. I love them.

bread's done
Back