Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Was going to start Westworld tomorrow on my morning commute but then I read just *how much* sex and nudity there is and thought better of it. I don't want to be they pervert on the train...

So I'm going to start Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo / My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute) instead. Looks cute and I heard good things about it. Doesn't look like there is a dub for either of the two seasons so that's disappointing, but beggars can't be choosers.

Is anyone planning on a 12 days of anime countdown? I was thinking about starting with a post about OreImo tomorrow and then recapping/reviewing the last 11 anime's I've watched (based on my MAL list). Anyone else?

It's a good choice, liked that anime. There are a bunch of OVAs you'll have to hunt down too for the full experience. I haven't updated my MAL in forever. It takes effort >.<

Was going to start Westworld tomorrow on my morning commute but then I read just *how much* sex and nudity there is and thought better of it. I don't want to be they pervert on the train...

So I'm going to start Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo / My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute) instead. Looks cute and I heard good things about it. Doesn't look like there is a dub for either of the two seasons so that's disappointing, but beggars can't be choosers.

Is anyone planning on a 12 days of anime countdown? I was thinking about starting with a post about OreImo tomorrow and then recapping/reviewing the last 11 anime's I've watched (based on my MAL list). Anyone else?
would not be my first choice if I didn't want to look like a pervert on a train, but I suppose other people wouldn't know about the heavy incest tones the show has just by glancing at it :p

Oh and I'll be binging on Shakugan no Shana once Xmas break starts and the 3rd season arrives in blu. It's been a while...

I'm late to the Code Geass discussion. But I was always  under the impression that 

Lelouch managed to steal Charle's Code and faked his own death. The person in the cart with C.C at the end was him. I always connected the paper cranes that were there with him. Also remember the fact that Prince Schneizel el Britannia is still under Geass. Lelouch's Geass. For all intents and purposes, that Geass should've been disappeared once Lelouch died. Lelouch is dead. Just Lelouch vi Britannia. Not Lelouch Lamprouge. Or R.R (L.L) My opinion of course

But we'll have to find out if that is the case. Honestly, I don't mind this. But I'm just a person who wants more Code Geass.

If any of you are watching Iron Blooded Orphans and watched Ep 36 (S2), just going to say.  Master Lok is useless trash and you'll see why.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm late to the Code Geass discussion. But I was always under the impression that
Lelouch managed to steal Charle's Code and faked his own death. The person in the cart with C.C at the end was him. I always connected the paper cranes that were there with him.
But we'll have to find out if that is the case. Honestly, I don't mind this. But I'm just a person who wants more Code Geass.

If any of you are watching Iron Blooded Orphans and watched Ep 36 (S2), just going to say. Master Lok is useless trash and you'll see why.
With
The way lelouch acted and when he was stabbed and had his life flash before his eyes, etc I went with he definitely died.

Of course I'm sure they'll make something up that will negate that. I'm still in the camp of the ending of R2 is ruined by this, but hey, maybe they'll pull it off well and prove me wrong.

So I'm going to start Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo / My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute) instead. Looks cute and I heard good things about it. Doesn't look like there is a dub for either of the two seasons so that's disappointing, but beggars can't be choosers.

Westworld has a lot of nudity so unless you can secure a non-peeping spot in your commute you might wait to watch it at home. Oremio isn't without it's ecchi moments but there's no nudity or anything so you should be fine. Occasional panty shot. It started off a little on the creepy/incest side but I gave it a second chance and ended up really enjoying it. Some great characters and funny moments. But yeah, I don't think there's been a dub.

I need to update my MAL list. One day at work when I'm bored I'll give it an update.

This sounds interesting. Doubt I could do 12, but maybe a couple. Or maybe just a couple top 10 lists.

You take that back. Kuroneko was best girl. :twoguns:
Saori best girl.

You take that back. Kuroneko was best girl. :twoguns:
No. She is better.

jpq.gif

But here is an image of Kuro and Ayase together.

cpq.png

Caught up with few shows right before their season finale:

Yaoi on Ice ep. 10-11 - The BL tease moments don't even bother me. In fact I find Victor & Yuri's relationship to be awesome. A true mentor and student relationship. But it's good to see JJ get taken down a notch. If Yuri gets gold, then it's the end of the show. If he loses then I expect to see a season 2 like a true sports anime.

Keijo ep. 10-11 - This show is bonkers. I seriously lost it at the "docking" scene where the two girls share the same swimsuit. And now main antagonist girl went full Super Sayian. 

Natsume Yuujincho 5 - Finally caught up to the current season. It continues to be fun, but one or two episodes a night is enough for me.

I didn't realize Pokemon (suns and moon) had moved to Disney XD. Watched the first dubbed episode and wasn't quite prepared for the animation change.

So this latest episode of March comes on like a Lion....I'm kind of wondering where this show is going sometimes. The shogi battle was boring as hell...his rant afterwards was partly understandable, but also stupid. Who cares about the other guy? Why get riled up about it? The epic face plant he did made my day. Sigh. I get what they were doing with this episode, just wasn't well done

Also Magical Girl Raising Project finally ended. Not sure what to think of it...I was expecting more depth to be revealed. So I guess it gets a bonus point for shock value and being different, but overall average.

Keijo...I started watching that show too. I can't stop laughing it's so stupid. I'll keep watching it to see where it ends up. It's surprisingly entertaining despite the attempts at ecchi that kind of fall flat because of what they are doing, which is probably why this show doesn't suck (yet).

I didn't watch the current episode yet, but I can see how March Lion can be a little boring during the Shogi parts. It's not very exciting to watch, especially if you're unaware of the rules and strategies. I don't mind it too much since I know how to play.... kinda.

I'm also not a fan of it's attempts at humor & the talking cats. These are the worst parts of the show. If you're going to have humor in a show like this make it subtle and less goofy.

Where the show excels is when it focuses on Rei's depression and emotions. Thankfully that's most of the time.

Keijo - Wait till you get to later episodes. You're gonna be doing some spit-takes.Episode 10 has my favorite thing yet. The "docking" scene. I will say no more.

About that time again. What's everyone's AOTY?

I'm a little torn between these four: Re:Zero or Erased but shows like Gintama (2015) & Haikyu ended this year too.

Also I haven't seen Kimi no Na wa which from what I hear is amazing. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.

Runner ups are some guilty pleasure, heart warming shows I loved this year. Poco's Udon World, sweetness lightning, Flying Witch & Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. My Hero Academia and Mob Psycho are also high on the list.

I'm a little torn between these four: Re:Zero or Erased but shows like Gintama (2015) &amp; Haikyu ended this year too.

Also I haven't seen Kimi no Na wa which from what I hear is amazing. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.

Runner ups are some guilty pleasure, heart warming shows I loved this year. Poco's Udon World, sweetness lightning, Flying Witch &amp; Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. My Hero Academia and Mob Psycho are also high on the list.
Uhhhh....I need to go check a list somewhere...ok found a list. My top 3 in order are:

1) Erased

2) RE: Zero

2) ReLife

Also as I was browsing the list of this year's anime, I found an anime about a fart and the life of a fart. No joke. Can't make this shit up. Go Japan!

Konosuba, Flip Flappers, Izetta, and Flying Witch.

I was really into Re:Zero for awhile, but eventually watching the things Subaru did became unbearable and I stopped watching.

I'm a little torn between these four: Re:Zero or Erased but shows like Gintama (2015) &amp; Haikyu ended this year too.

Runner ups are some guilty pleasure, heart warming shows I loved this year. Poco's Udon World, sweetness lightning, Flying Witch &amp; Tanaka-kun is Always Listless. My Hero Academia and Mob Psycho are also high on the list.
Re:zero wins for me, I would have to think about the others, but the predictable villain in erased really hurt it in the rankings for me.

If I were to have to rank:

1 - Re:Zero

2 - Erased

3 - sweetness lighting / Flying Witch (I can't pick)

I have to agree with zulu about the killer being easy to spot about midway through. Re:zero had me anxiously waiting every week. I remember all the discussions and predictions we had in this thread. Good times.

Biggest Disappointment

Berserk

@starkillr - I tried to watch that fart anime. Couldn't finish the first episode. It was weird man

If I were to have to rank:

1 - Re:Zero

2 - Erased

3 - sweetness lighting / Flying Witch (I can't pick)

I have to agree with zulu about the killer being easy to spot about midway through. Re:zero had me anxiously waiting every week. I remember all the discussions and predictions we had in this thread. Good times.

Biggest Disappointment

Berserk

@starkillr - I tried to watch that fart anime. Couldn't finish the first episode. It was weird man
It's an anime about a fart. Of course it's weird :p I agree @ Berserk. I still feel like Erased really knocked it out of the park and did it in 12 episodes. I agree RE: Zero is right there with it, it's a hard call. I definitely loved RE: Zero. Was harder to predict and the shit got really weird and emotional. I guess I'd have to say that for my top 3, they are all tops in their category of anime. ReLife has a lot of challengers, but it's such a unique premise. Surprised none of you had it on your lists.

I liked Re:life a lot. But I binged it in like 2 nights and I only remember a few things about it. I think if it came out on a weekly bases I'd have a more lasting memory of it.  With that said I still don't think it would be in my top 3 but if we ever get a season 2 you bet I'd watch it.

1) Erased
2) ReLife
3) Flying Witch/

I haven't season 3 of Haikyu (thought it was still airing?). Orange gets an honorable mention, it was so close but it just didn't quite get there.

1) Erased
2) ReLife
3) Flying Witch/

I haven't season 3 of Haikyu (thought it was still airing?). Orange gets an honorable mention, it was so close but it just didn't quite get there.
It finished a week or 2 ago. Really good. If you liked it up to this point it'll be a great binge.

I'll have to add season three to my list for after the new year.

On a side note, I just finished Zankyō no Teroru / Terror in Resonance. Was blown away (pun intended) by this. Something just resonated on a deep level for me. The art was great, VO was did, and the soundtrack was perfect. When I'm at a computer with a proper editor I'll comment with spoilers. 9/10 easily.

I'll have to add season three to my list for after the new year.

On a side note, I just finished Zankyō no Teroru / Terror in Resonance. Was blown away (pun intended) by this. Something just resonated on a deep level for me. The art was great, VO was did, and the soundtrack was perfect. When I'm at a computer with a proper editor I'll comment with spoilers. 9/10 easily.
I'd personally give it a Five/10

if you remove that completely though it would be more like an 8/10 but I detested pretty much everything with her.

I'm probably going to start up either Aijin or Magi. Any recommendations for either?

And I  finished Keijo. If we get a season 2 I guess I'll watch. I was alright.

I'm probably going to start up either Aijin or Magi. Any recommendations for either?

And I finished Keijo. If we get a season 2 I guess I'll watch. I was alright.
Aijin or Ajin? I thought Ajin was really good, probably one of my favorites this past year - but if you are turned off by CGI like what was used for Knights of Sidonia, then you probably won't enjoy it so much - the same animation style is used for Ajin.

I prefer my anime dark - just like my beer, meat, and women, lol... Magi is good too, but yeah, it looks a lot more like a Saturday kid's cartoon, art-wise. 

And I finished Keijo. If we get a season 2 I guess I'll watch. I was alright.
Keijo is so hilarious and bizarre at the same time. I need to watch it with some breaks in between. I laughed so hard at the nipple throw, but at the same time, the sheer stupidity of it was too much for me.

Watching Magi and I already binged a ton of episodes. I'm at episode 9 and it's a pretty good shounen anime. Likeable characters and fun story. I'm loving it.

March Lion ep 10-11: I find it odd how this show goes from super depressing to comedy at the blink of an eye. It's still a touching show and I like the relationship Rei has with the 3 girls.

Sound! Euphonium series ended and I enjoyed it. It turns out the VA didn't change for Kumiko, she just became really depressing sounding lol. Listening to some Season 1 episodes and then watching the recent Season 2 episodes, it's definitely the same person, but boy did they make her a depressed kid all of a sudden.

The other anime that's started back up is Ajin on Netflix. Been enjoying that show despite the bizarre CG art. I like that Netflix is getting into anime because I can watch as much as I want when I want to and not have to park my ass in front of the computer at a certain day/time to see the latest episode.

I'm getting into the final arc of the first season of Magi. These shows are dangerous for me since I tend to binge a little too much and end up staying up too late.

I see Ajin got another season. This is good. More stuff to hold me over till the winter season gets into gear.

Well, I watched the Toonami stream of two weeks ago online, and holy f-. I can't believe they showed that on tv in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
What was it they showed that was so shocking? JoJo is filled with some pretty nasty and gruesome stuff.

Ajin episode 2 - I can tell this is getting into some dark shit. I like it but maybe only a few episodes at a time for me.

Clannad FINSIH - Finally finished the first part of Clannad. Took me long enough but it was a slow burn. I mildly enjoyed it, but at no part would I say I loved it. I liked the ending well enough and even watched the OVA with the alternate ending. At least I can finally get into After Story which I hear &amp; hope is better.

What was it they showed that was so shocking? JoJo is filled with some pretty nasty and gruesome stuff.

Ajin episode 2 - I can tell this is getting into some dark shit. I like it but maybe only a few episodes at a time for me.

Clannad FINSIH - Finally finished the first part of Clannad. Took me long enough but it was a slow burn. I mildly enjoyed it, but at no part would I say I loved it. I liked the ending well enough and even watched the OVA with the alternate ending. At least I can finally get into After Story which I hear &amp; hope is better.
as long as you don't mind nagisa and the story going on you should enjoy after story since it is mostly about her and the main male.

Aijin or Ajin? I thought Ajin was really good, probably one of my favorites this past year - but if you are turned off by CGI like what was used for Knights of Sidonia, then you probably won't enjoy it so much - the same animation style is used for Ajin.
I'm loving Ajin. It really got me around episode 4. The 3D doesn't bother me, I actually kinda like it since it's different. I felt the same with shows like Kaiji &amp; Flowerss of Evil. I wasn't a big fan at first but it grew on me.

Just queued up the first four episodes of Ajin on Netflix. File sizes are very reasonable, about 116 mb per episode, Eng/Jap audio and subtitles. Quality looks perfect for my phone too, very impressed.

Any other anime on Netflix you guys would recommend?

Just queued up the first four episodes of Ajin on Netflix. File sizes are very reasonable, about 116 mb per episode, Eng/Jap audio and subtitles. Quality looks perfect for my phone too, very impressed.

Any other anime on Netflix you guys would recommend?
Seven Deadly Sins is really good. If you haven't seen it that's a must watch. I'm hyped for the next season which I think is starting soon.

I just finished the first season of Magi. I would recommend that too. Lotta fun

Others I would also recomend Little Witch Academia. It's only 2 episodes but it's charming with great animation. I think an actual season is coming out soon. It's like a mix of Harry Potter &amp; Magical Girl. It's fun. My daughter really liked it.

I'm starting the second season of Ajin. This show is intense and I love it. Sato is fucking badass and probably
the one villain I root for the most. The scene of him blasting the army team with his shotgun was awesome.

Watched SDS early last year, not bad, though a bit...iffy at times. Not sure I would watch the second season.

I heard Ajin is kind of a mind fuck?

Magi is on my list, will probably check it out after Ajin S1.

I really hope LWA is getting a full season. The two episodes were adorable and extremely well animated.

Surpised you didn't enjoy SDS as much as I thought you would. I really liked it but I get it. The one trope I'm getting tired of is the MC groping girls. In both Magi & SDS it's really out of place and just eye rolling at times. Like they're trying too hard to appease that middle school demographic.

Ajin is brutal and fucked up at times. But it's been enjoyable

Surpised you didn't enjoy SDS as much as I thought you would. I really liked it but I get it. The one trope I'm getting tired of is the MC groping girls. In both Magi &amp; SDS it's really out of place and just eye rolling at times. Like they're trying too hard to appease that middle school demographic.

Ajin is brutal and fucked up at times. But it's been enjoyable
Exactly my thoughts on SDS. The story was fun, but the groping really annoyed me in how excessive it was.

On a side note, in going to (try to) cosplay for the first time ever. Going to anime north (for like the sixth time) and need help deciding what to cosplay as...

https://twitter.com/MySynpai/status/816053995282305024

bread's done
Back