Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Masamune-kun's Revenge started and it seems like a similar concept to Kiss Him, Not Me (or whatever it was called). I never watched that one, but this seems entertaining so far. See where it goes.

Masamune-kun's Revenge started and it seems like a similar concept to Kiss Him, Not Me (or whatever it was called). I never watched that one, but this seems entertaining so far. See where it goes.
I watached it last night too. I liked it. Just another dumb rom/com to enjoy as a guilty pleasure.

Finished Ajin, not bad. I really wanted to give it a 6.5 as it just...meh, but I caved and gave it a 7 on ANN. Curious to see where it goes in Season 2.

Started and finished Bravest Warriors season 1 today, friend suggestion. Really good and funny palette cleanser.

Alright been catching up on the new shows and so far they are entertaining except one, which is a hanging turd. I'll just put them in a list:

• elDLIVE - stupid, non-sensical title, but the show is ok so far. Entertaining, but nothing special yet
  • Fuuka - This show I like a bit more than average. It kind of reminds me of White Album 2, which means I've basically mapped out the entire plot already. This show will be more about how they execute a familiar trope than anything ground breaking
  • Interviews with Monster Girls - This show is cute. It kind of indirectly goes after how people discriminate against those who are different than others, but in a cutesy way. First episode was enjoyable.
  • Masamune-kun's Revenge - I talked about this one already, but it's entertaining. See how much comedy relief it provides!
  • Minami Kamakura Girl's Bike Club - Yowamushi Pedal with tits, except it relies more on tits. I kind of stopped watching after the intro because it seemed like a boob fest and yowamushi pedal is so good, I don't need a show that relies on boobs to keep it exciting. If someone actually watched the whole episode, would like to hear your thoughts.
  • Tanya the Evil - this is probably the one show I watched that actually gave me a twinge of excitement. Some interesting action in an admittedly boring setting (WW1 rebooted with wee-zards!). The special effects were cool and the main character is an evil douche. Has a lot of potential.
  • Rakugo S2 - It's season 2 baby! First episode was a refresher on what happened and then the continuation of that, which was handy because holy crap I forgot what happened at the end of that show. Who knows how this season will go! Lots of weird going on.
  • Schoolgirl Strikers - This show is a completely vapid piece of crap. Girls in revealing outfits shooting the worst graphics I've ever seen. It's like a bad VR game that got turned into an anime. Really don't get why turds like this get funded. Go fund more Sekirei or Freezing if you want good T&A packaged into a solid anime format. Jerks.
  • Seiren - some kind of harem show, but more serious? Can't really tell, but so far it's a fun slice-of-life show
  • Spiritpact - Average......average average average. It may turn into something, but the first episode was meh. We shall see.
  • Blue Exorcist - didn't watch it since it's a sequel to an average shounen show. I'll watch it later though since I thought the first season was entertaining.

Thanks for the quick reviews. Some of those sound interesting and others do not.  I'll probably enjoy:

- Interviews with Monster Girls (reminds me of Monster Masume)

- Tanya the Evil (Probably the least one I'm familiar with)

- Rakugo S2 (of course I'm watching this, one of the best shows of last season)

- Gintama S3 (most hyped for this, Gintama is the best)

- Yowamushi Pedal New Gneration (I think this is out today?)

- Little Witch Acedamia (loved the OVAs on Netflix)

I'm so behind. The only new show I saw so far was Masamue-kun's Revenge which I liked. I've been busy between work & being sick. I'm sure I'll pick up more shows once the season gets going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I get into the winter season I wanted to finish Amagi Brilliant Park. Fun show about a struggling amusement park with some fantasy mixed in. The MC starts off unlikable but grows on you. He has the power to read peoples minds but only uses it 3 or 4 times in the show. I thought it was a fun underused element I wanted to see more of.

Fun mix of characters. It's funny to see these cute mascots are actually gambling, drunk, deviants. I also like how it took the time to focus on each character enough to know them, even the minor characters. Plus it wrapped up nicely. A solid 7.5 in my book. I would recommend if you're looking for something that's finished and easy to binge on.

Keep in mind CR only has 12 episodes. There is an episode 13 & a special.

Before I get into the winter season I wanted to finish Amagi Brilliant Park. Fun show about a struggling amusement park with some fantasy mixed in. The MC starts off unlikable but grows on you. He has the power to read peoples minds but only uses it 3 or 4 times in the show. I thought it was a fun underused element I wanted to see more of.

Fun mix of characters. It's funny to see these cute mascots are actually gambling, drunk, deviants. I also like how it took the time to focus on each character enough to know them, even the minor characters. Plus it wrapped up nicely. A solid 7.5 in my book. I would recommend if you're looking for something that's finished and easy to binge on.

Keep in mind CR only has 12 episodes. There is an episode 13 & a special.
Yeah I watched that show a long time ago, pretty fun show, but unfinished.

Yowapeda New Generation - Everyone got nerfed.

Great Saiyman Adventures - Seeing Gohan and Videl beeing lovey dovey is nice.

Konosuba - Animation changed quiet a bit. Really funny show.

Gintama - I love Gintama but this entire episode was all exposition and very boring. I'm afraid the next few epsiodes are going to be the same.

Caught up on the latest episodes of Masamune, Rakugo, Fuuka and Evil Tanya. +1 to all with me being cautious on the rakugo show. There's a lot of potential there, but a lot of potential to fuck up too. Fuuka is predictable as hell, but I still like it lol.

After watching the first ep of IBO's new cour (Iron Blooded Orphans), this is all I can think about.

65436082.jpg

Caught up on the latest episodes of Masamune, Rakugo, Fuuka and Evil Tanya. +1 to all with me being cautious on the rakugo show. There's a lot of potential there, but a lot of potential to fuck up too. Fuuka is predictable as hell, but I still like it lol.
You're going to be in for one hell of a surprise for Fuuka if the anime reaches a certain point.

The surprise in Fuuka shows how much of a hack the writer of the manga is,with him reusing point plots from his older series,Suzuka (The later twist being even better).

Caught up with:

March Lion - The mood of the show is so odd. Episode 13 starts off watching a minor character eat breakfast for 5 minutes.The show bounces around from comedy to drama at the drop of a hat. I still like it. The new OP & ED songs are nice.

Tiger Mask W - The Yellow Devil fight was well animated. The animation in this show has been kinda crappy so it was nice to see them focus on this one fight. I think I'm the only one in this thread watching this campy rendition of King from Tekken.

Great Saiyman ep 2 - Videl is best wife. Gohan's a lucky dude. But this episode shows how much they nerfed Gohan. He's incredibly weak sauce now.

Finished Fate/stay night: UBW season 1 on Friday. Starting S2 tomorrow. Doesn't look like S3 is dubbed yet?
I never watched UBW "the series". What's the difference between it and the original Fate/stay night? I couldn't figure that out and didn't watch it.

After watching the first ep of IBO's new cour (Iron Blooded Orphans), this is all I can think about.

65436082.jpg

You're going to be in for one hell of a surprise for Fuuka if the anime reaches a certain point.
Haha I agree with IBO - it felt a little slow and meandering at the beginning like it didn't really know what to do. The initial "Earth" plot I found boring, but it seems like the larger plot is finally moving on. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Caught up with:

March Lion - The mood of the show is so odd. Episode 13 starts off watching a minor character eat breakfast for 5 minutes.The show bounces around from comedy to drama at the drop of a hat. I still like it. The new OP & ED songs are nice.

Tiger Mask W - The Yellow Devil fight was well animated. The animation in this show has been kinda crappy so it was nice to see them focus on this one fight. I think I'm the only one in this thread watching this campy rendition of King from Tekken.

Great Saiyman ep 2 - Videl is best wife. Gohan's a lucky dude. But this episode shows how much they nerfed Gohan. He's incredibly weak sauce now.
You see what I'm talking about w/ March Lion? Show is just bizarre. I feel like it's as lost as the protagonist. Has some great moments, but also many that fall flat (like the protagonist!). Also - the Great Saiyaman episodes have been fun to watch. I would think his nerf would have been obvious during the Golden Freeza battles. He was a chump! I remember him being like, I gotta train more! then he never does. Kind of sounds like me actually lol.

Haha I agree with IBO - it felt a little slow and meandering at the beginning like it didn't really know what to do. The initial "Earth" plot I found boring, but it seems like the larger plot is finally moving on. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Probably Naze and Amida dies and the 50,000 members of the Turbines are adopted / put under their protection by Tekkadan. Lafter can't die yet without showing off her new mobile suit. And Azee will be promoted to sub commander like Eugene.

The buff traitor guy in Teiwaz probably thinks he's going to get promoted but I see Tekkadan taking Turbines place, pissing him off to no end. Honestly, I hope pops realizes that someone in Teiwaz sold the Turbines out, since Gjallerhorn knew where to look, which only someone from Teiwaz would know. I hope they don't assume Naze was actually transporting illegal weapons. If I was there, I would think that Gjallerhorn planted it.

Waiting for cry baby Iok to die.

This is what it looks like to me. Knowing the writer of the series, if this becomes true.

Naze was pretty funny. "Hey, if they want to have sex with me, I'm not going to say no." :lol:

Interview w/ Monster Girls - I really like this show. This will be my light hearted slice-of-life this season. Dullahan girl is best girl.

Fuuka! - Another show that was "off my radar" but I'm pleasantly surprised with it. Another high school rom/com but it seems more serious than usual. With that said we get a bunch of panty shots. MC's love triangle is getting interesting. 

@starkillr March Lion has such a weird pacing. It wants to be a deep drama but the lame comedy bogs it down. I still like the show, not giving it up. And for DBZ Super Gohan is a chump. As you said I thought he was supposed to train with Piccolo after Frieza. Looks like that didn't happen.

So right now the brand new shows I'm into this season are:

Intervwiew w/ Monster Girls

Fuuka

Masamune-Kun's Revenge

Anything new I'm missing? 

So right now the brand new shows I'm into this season are:

Intervwiew w/ Monster Girls

Fuuka

Masamune-Kun's Revenge

Anything new I'm missing?
You bailing on Rakugo season 2?? :p I guess you did say brand new shows. Did you watch Tanya the Evil? It's interesting.

You bailing on Rakugo season 2?? :p I guess you did say brand new shows. Did you watch Tanya the Evil? It's interesting.
Yeah, I'm just talking about brand new stuff. I haven't seen this season of Rakugo yet but it's in my que. Tanya the Evil is also on my list. Maybe I'll watch it tonight. I may give Nanbaka & Seiren a look.

I'll suggest Gabriel DropOut and Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.  I like the idea of angel becoming "bad" because of video games.   Dragon Maid is a "monster girl" show, but I like the humor more than the rest of the genre.

Finished Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Really enjoyed it, and was surprised at how much I liked the dub. The main female lead Rin was a bit annoying at first, but they kept it consistent and it never really went over the top. Now to decide if I should check out the game/visual novel or not.

Let's see, it started off interesting, the Twin Star thing seemed fine, premise fine, characters interesting. Then they decided to do this stupid relationship counseling bit that was dumb. That entire section should have been removed and they should have progressed their relationship the way they ACTUALLY did in the show, by working together. Then the whole arc with Sae was odd and didn't really make any sense even after they explained it. Not saying I didn't get it, I just don't understand what the whole arc accomplished at all. So much of the plot to me seems like a confused rambling of the writer of the series. I think everyone that was watching the show in this thread dropped it after trying to stick with it. It's just not good. Also it's been a few months since I dropped it and since I didn't like it, I'm allowing my memories of it to fade into obscurity, so sorry if I don't have more specific references for you

Does anyone here use http://www.anime-planet.com/ ? Just saw it pop up on my Twitter timeline and it looks clean. The mobile version layout is definitely better than MAL. Undecided if I want to move everything over...
I don't, and I will just stick with MAL.

their editing of articles published on their site effects me in zero ways as I just use it as a way to keep track of shows. not worth the effort to redo a list.

Caught up on the latest episodes. Quite pleased w/ all these shows so far, this weeks episodes were good. Rakugo, Masamune, Fuuka, and Tanya the Evil. Has anyone tried to watch Chaos; Child? I watched episode 0 and 1 and I found it annoying. I liked Chaos; Head, but this one....the guy who makes these has so many stories that are animated, but only a handful seem good. I'm going to try to watch episode 2 again, but it irritated me having to go through the stupid intro.

I decided to give Youjo Senki a try. I am honestly surprised. I enjoyed it and the voice actress for Tanya is Aoi Yuki, the same person who voices Diane from Seven Deadly Sins. Initially, I intended to skip it since the promo art put me off.

Let's see, it started off interesting, the Twin Star thing seemed fine, premise fine, characters interesting. Then they decided to do this stupid relationship counseling bit that was dumb. That entire section should have been removed and they should have progressed their relationship the way they ACTUALLY did in the show, by working together. Then the whole arc with Sae was odd and didn't really make any sense even after they explained it. Not saying I didn't get it, I just don't understand what the whole arc accomplished at all. So much of the plot to me seems like a confused rambling of the writer of the series. I think everyone that was watching the show in this thread dropped it after trying to stick with it. It's just not good. Also it's been a few months since I dropped it and since I didn't like it, I'm allowing my memories of it to fade into obscurity, so sorry if I don't have more specific references for you
I'm under the impression the Sae Arc was intended to give them a hand at parenting. And Sae's final words to Rokuro was pretty vague and just adds more speculation.

The thing with Sousei no Omyouji is they're adapting a currently 40 chapter manga into a 50 episode series, making them stretch anything they can. Which makes you go wahhh.

Idk. I found it enjoyable. :lol:

Manly tears were cried today for Iron Blooded Orphans Ep 40.

minori-taiga.jpg

Iok has a whole lot of vengeance coming to him, especially for his war crimes. Chivalry my ass. 

Just saw Netflix will get 7 Deadly Sins S2 on Feb 17th. Good stuff.

Here's what I saw recently:

Seiren ep 2-3: I liked how the relationship ramped up in these episodes. It escalated rather quickly. Unfortunately it looks like things will slow down. But I'm guessing next girl will be introduced... maybe.

Gabriel Dropout ep 2-3: This show is just okay. I'll watch it when there's nothing else on. My problem are the charters. I can't stand them. But a couple funny parts so I'll keep watching.

ACCA 13 ep1: Hmmm, I don't know about this one. Lots of talky, but I'm not 100% sure I get the plot yet. They didn't do a good job establishing the world in the first episode. First they're dissolving the guys division, then 2 minutes latter they not. So many characters. Hmmm. Maybe I'll wait it out.

Here's what I saw recently:

Seiren ep 2-3: I liked how the relationship ramped up in these episodes. It escalated rather quickly. Unfortunately it looks like things will slow down. But I'm guessing next girl will be introduced... maybe.

Gabriel Dropout ep 2-3: This show is just okay. I'll watch it when there's nothing else on. My problem are the charters. I can't stand them. But a couple funny parts so I'll keep watching.

ACCA 13 ep1: Hmmm, I don't know about this one. Lots of talky, but I'm not 100% sure I get the plot yet. They didn't do a good job establishing the world in the first episode. First they're dissolving the guys division, then 2 minutes latter they not. So many characters. Hmmm. Maybe I'll wait it out.
Oooh, thank you for the update on 7 Deadly Sins. I've been dying to watch the new season for that and they've been extremely cagey about when the damn thing will show up. I'm also enjoying Seiren, it's a pretty solid show for a tired premise. Other two I haven't watched and they haven't drawn me in to watch them. Good to know that was time well spent (not watching them).

Oooh, thank you for the update on 7 Deadly Sins. I've been dying to watch the new season for that and they've been extremely cagey about when the damn thing will show up. I'm also enjoying Seiren, it's a pretty solid show for a tired premise. Other two I haven't watched and they haven't drawn me in to watch them. Good to know that was time well spent (not watching them).
ACCA might get better. It's seems popular. It's just that first episode didn't do much for me. I'm caught up with Gabrial and so far it's totally passable. You're not missing much unless you want to angel & demon girls bicker at each other.

How's Tanya the Evil? I remember you saying you were watching that.

keep in mind that in general that is misleading.

season 2 comes out later this year.

what they are calling season 2 is really just the 4 spin off ovas that came out last summer.

keep in mind that in general that is misleading.

season 2 comes out later this year.

what they are calling season 2 is really just the 4 spin off ovas that came out last summer.
I did not know that. Sorry for the misinformation. It read as "Seven Deadly Sins Season 2" on the list of shows coming out in Feb. But still it's something.

ACCA might get better. It's seems popular. It's just that first episode didn't do much for me. I'm caught up with Gabrial and so far it's totally passable. You're not missing much unless you want to angel & demon girls bicker at each other.

How's Tanya the Evil? I remember you saying you were watching that.
Tanya the Evil is good so far. Very fun to watch, surprising amount of comedy given how dark it is.

Yes. So excited. Next month too. Looking forward to what it adapts. The current arc right now is pretty serious.

Tanya the Evil is good so far. Very fun to watch, surprising amount of comedy given how dark it is.
Yes. Totally agree. It's pretty great. I initially intended to skip it due t o the promo art. Glad I didn't. Diane from Seven Deadly Sins plays Tanya. Which is great.

Oh wow. That ANN title is incredibly misleading then. I thought it was an actual Season 2. :T
idk

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-01-25/netflix-to-stream-the-seven-deadly-sins-anime-season-2-in-february/.111482

the season 2 is always in ' ' or " " and the very first thing on the article is

really doesn't seem that misleading especially since netflix is calling it season 2.

I think Netflix is smart enough to call Season 2, Season 2. I will check the OVAs and see if any of the scenes shown in that short clip appear.

I don't know if Fuuka is really good or I'm just a sucker for these types of shows. Really liked this last episode, though it clearly established a love triangle lol. I think my fav moment was the family restaurant and a certain someone's response. I literally lol'd. Will watch Tanya later tonight...

I don't know if Fuuka is really good or I'm just a sucker for these types of shows. Really liked this last episode, though it clearly established a love triangle lol. I think my fav moment was the family restaurant and a certain someone's response. I literally lol'd. Will watch Tanya later tonight...
I'm 2 episodes behind on Fuuka, I will watch tonight.

Have you seen Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid yet? I watched the first 3 episodes last night and it's funny. I rarely ever laugh-out-load for anime (maybe a chuckle) but I literally laughed during a scene in episode 3. The frist episode was okay, but I really enjoyed the rest. This is going to be a fun watch this season.

Also caught up with Konosuba. I don't remember this being so goofy. I binged the first season in a few days and only remember scraps. Animation is a bit more wacky.

bread's done
Back