Anime S.A.V.E. boxsets?

Yeah series is great, i already have the boxset in my collection. I've never seen a S.A.V.E. boxset before so it looks like its a barebones dirt cheap collection. So far i just see it for this show and Kanon. If thats the case its brilliant. There are so many people who don't care about packaging or special features and at that price its almost cheaper to buy then rent.

Wait...Geneon? I thought they bit the biscuit awhile back? lol guess I haven't really been paying attention to all the moving and shaking in the anime industry.

Anyway, this is an awesome idea! I know I would give way more series a chance if I didn't have to pay upwards of $30 for collections.

I like the sound of that as well. I would like to pick up more series, but I don't usually have the money to spend more than $30 on a set. I'll usually hesitate on something unless it is under $20.

I love this idea, but sadly I already own Familiar of Zero. I hope they come out with more series under the S.A.V.E. program thingy.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Looks like the bare-bones version, but $11.50 for 13 episodes is a fantastic deal (assuming the series is any good).[/QUOTE]

My gf actually owns the boxset and she bought it for much for than this price. You are barely paying $1 per episode so this is def a good deal.

Really at these prices i almost wouldn't care if they came in paper sleeves and had no extras and no art work printed on the discs and were labeled in permanent marker. $11.50 at LAUNCH for 3 disc full series. Imagine used prices on this or during major sales?

[quote name='Brian9824']This is new - http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/M35GOdkH1eNd=wHAlR/browse/item/84607/4/0/0

Anyone know what these are?[/QUOTE]
Not much is known about this at this point in time. So far there are 2 titles under this label (Kanon and The Familiar of Zero). The Familiar of Zero was delayed from early November to now March 2010. It was originally set for a keepcase (LiteBox) release. It remains to be seen if this will be changed.
[quote name='Brian9824']Geneon is still in business. They license, dub, and outsource to funimation for the actual production and distribution.[/QUOTE]
You got some stuff mixed up here.

Geneon USA is basically now an intellectual property holding company. It will only exist until their current contracts expire. And they won't be licensing anything new. The personnel left should only consist of accountants, producer (just in case something goes wrong), and a human resource person. This was taken from the an early December ANNCast.

Wow, I would definitely pick up Familiar of Zero for that cheap. I already have Kanon. but a great price as well.

For whatever reason, the price for Familiar of Zero is 29.99 now. Kanon still maintains it's 22.49 price however.

bread's done
Back