Animie: Advice on Selling/Trading it off...

INMATEofARKHAM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
228 (100%)
So some time in the mid 2000s my wife and I decided to start watching/collecting Amine... (She grew up watching Dragon Ball and other shows.) Anyhow this ended up being far more of a collection than a watching experience. It sat in storage for a long time, my garage for sometime too, and now I have three large boxes of Amine DVDs that are basically unwatched that I aren't doing me any good... So it needs to pretty much go.

Now its all on DVD so I don't think their would be a huge demand for this stuff now... So I wonder if I'm just better off taking Amazon trade in offer so I don't lose money to eBay, Paypal, and shipping... Granted allot of it would be less than a dollor a disc.... (Though I seem to have some stuff worth over 20 bucks in trade also... So maybe some of it is of vaule.

Is their any thing that I should look a doing something more than Amazon trade on?

Noir (Missing Vol 1, NMV)
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 7 (Link)

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Platinum
Vol1 + Box (Link) (Box is banged up, came that way off of retail shelf.)

Get Backers
Vol 1 + Box (Link)

Real Bout High School Boxed Set (Link)

Gilgamesh
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)

Gungrave
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)

Peacemaker
Vol 1 + Box* (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)

Full Metal Panic!

Mission 1 + Box (Link)
Mission 3 (Link)
Mission 4 (Link)
Mission 5 (Link)
Mission 6 (Link)

Chrono Crusade
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)

Wolf's Rain
Vol 1 + Box (Link) * CD found Toy still missing
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)
Vol 7 (Link)

Scrapped Princess
Vol 1 + Figure (Link)

Mezzo

Shell 1 + Box (Link)
Shell 2 (Link)
Shell 3 (Link)

Gravion - Divine Steel
Vol. 1 + Box (Link) (Box Beat up)
Vol 2 (Link) (x2)

Gantz
Vol. 1 + Box (Link) (Box Beat up)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)

Rurouni Kenshin Wandering Samurai Premium Box 1 (Link)

Rurouni Kenshin Legend of Kyoto Premium Box 2 (Link)

Dragon Ball Z - Uncut Movie Boxed Set (Dead Zone/The Tree of Might/The World's Strongest) (Link)

Madlax
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)

Tenjho Tenge
Round One + Box (Link)

The Devil Lady
Vol 1 (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)

Rahxephon
The Motion Picture + Series Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)

Stellvia
Vol 1 + Tin Box (Link) (Tin includes all the plastic holders for Vols 1-8)
Vol 2 (Link)

Last Exile
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)
Vol 7 (Link)

Texhnolyze
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)

Perfect Blue (Link)

Ai Yori Aoshi - Faithfully Yours
Vol. 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)

Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Black Rose Saga (Link)

Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Rose Collection/The Movie Boxed Set (Link)

Revolutionary Girl Utena - The Apocalypse Sega (Link)

Ikki Tousen -
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)

Love Hina
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 (Link)

Love Hina Agaun (Link)

Dragon Ball: The Saga of Goku
Vol. 1 (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)

Megazone 23
Vol 1 + Box (No Mouse Pad) (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)

Ninja Scroll (10th Anniversary Edition) (Link)

Ghost in the Shell (Special Edition) (Link)

Ghost in the Shell 2 (Link)

Requiem from the Darkness - Turmoil of the Flesh (Vol. 1) (Link)

Aquarian Age - Sign For Evolution
Vol 1 (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)

His And Her Circumstances Vol 1-5 + Box (Link)

Kiki's Delivery Service (Link)

Castle In The Sky (Link)

Spirited Away (Link)

Princess Mononoke (Link)

Oh My Goddess Vol 1 (Link)

Oh My Goddess Vol 2 (Link)

Generator Gawl
Vol. 1 (Link)

Please Teacher Boxed Set Collection + CD (Link)

Mezzo Forte Uncut (Link)

R.O.D -The TV-

Vol 1 + Limited Collector's Edition (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Burn-Up Scramble: Complete Boxset (Link)

Millennium Actress (Link)

Please Twins - Three's Company (Vol. 1) + Series Box and Collectables (Link)

Wedding Peach
Vol 1 + Box (Link)
Vol 2 (Link)
Vol 3 (Link)
Vol 4 (Link)
Vol 5 (Link)
Vol 6 + Box (Link)
Vol 7 (Link)

Fruits Basket Box Set (Link)

Anyhow, thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to look at this list.

The Kenshin sets and Scrapped Princess could fetch a decent amount.

If you can pick up the remaining volumes of those series missing one or two, you could get a decent lot for them.

Also, you could trade many of the misc. volumes in for Best Buy's Upgrade and Save.

Those are some interesting stuff you have that I would be interested in. Almost as potentially interesting as what your wife's reaction would be to you getting rid of her treasures.

[quote name='thelonepig']There are quite a few anime aficionados around here. I'd recommend starting up a tradelist in the trading forum and mayhaps cross-posting it to the anime thread.[/QUOTE]

I do have a trade list but I will hit up that thread since you recommend it... (I didn't do that sort of thing as I didn't want to be, or seem, pushy)

[quote name='DNukem170']Also, you could trade many of the misc. volumesBest Buy's Upgrade and Save.[/QUOTE]I had thought of that... Still might be what I end up doing with some of it but they don't seem to advertise it in the ad every week so its sort of hit or miss for me on finding something worthwhile.

[quote name='Rasen']Those are some interesting stuff you have that I would be interested in. Almost as potentially interesting as what your wife's reaction would be to you getting rid of her treasures.[/QUOTE]

She seems to be okay with it... I just had it look at it again and I think she realizes its a lost opportunity but an opportunity that her or I just aren't ever going to do anything with.

Well, regrettably I can't offer a lot of money. Collector tendencies mean I tend to hold onto stuff forever and ever, instead of trying to recover my money.

What I can offer is some money, a good home, and a guarantee that they will never be mistreated/scratched or broken up for the sake of selling off individual pieces.

I have a collection which I do not watch, but have plans to watch them when I move into my own place and I won't get cable so I can watch my anime.

[quote name='Rasen']Well, regrettably I can't offer a lot of money. Collector tendencies mean I tend to hold onto stuff forever and ever, instead of trying to recover my money.[/quote]

I hear ya, I'm a collector at heart and have large collections of, well allot of stuff.

[quote name='Rasen']What I can offer is some money, a good home, and a guarantee that they will never be mistreated/scratched or broken up for the sake of selling off individual pieces.[/QUOTE]

As long as I'm making more than I would by trading it into Amazon I'm not sure I can really complain about any offer that is giving me...

Man, I wasted money on anime DVDs in college. Now they just take up space. I bought all of GTO lol... It's hard to believe I used to pay $20 a volume for Anime... dumb

At this point I think much of it holds little value.

I have a bunch of signed boxsets I need to ditch

I think it's a shame to buy things in the hope they'll have more value in the future. I bought mine because I like them as they are and for the memories they gave me. Though I did set some limits on when I bought them (dvd sets should have at least 26 episodes, unless I really like the bonuses, or if the entire series is less than 26 episodes)

On a separate note, I can probably offer about $60 for the two of the Kenshin stuff. It's lowballing you, but I already have the economy sets Anime-works released, so I'm really doing it for the purty boxes.

I have some passing interest in Utena (never watched more than an ep), but I can't match Amazon on that yet. I liked the idea of a dueling system in school, but I recall it being a serious mindscrew that I could do without.

bread's done
Back