Anno 1701 - awesome new DS game (update - U.S. release in Feb!)

Dangit dangit DANGIT !! I've had this game on my list for months now - and never once realized it wasn't getting a proper stateside release. I sure hope the Europe release supports english - I'm sure playasia will have it available for import.

I just saw this threat, and i just wanted to say ive been playing this for a few days NON stop its very immersive and it keeps me wanting to make my settlement better and better if you have a chance to import it DO IT! or play the COUGHROMCOUGH. :roll:

I started playing this last night. Awesomely addictive strategy game! Bring this shit stateside, homes!

started playing this yesterday. i love it; exactly the sort of game i've been wanting on the ds. *crossing my fingers for a stateside release*
now if they could just make a kickass xcom port for the ds, i'd be in hog heaven.

I don't know if I've already posted this somewhere in this forum, but I've had the game since last July, and it is amazing, just as Cheapy said. Make sure you guys pick this gem up!

It's only available at GameStop / EBGames in the U.S., and possibly Canada as well. I picked mine up there last week... every single store I called I had to spell out the title to "A, N, N, O, ANNO, ANNO 17 "oh" 1", and even the store I bought the game from, same thing. Guess nobody there is interested in the really cool games. :)

[quote name='guyjr']It's only available at GameStop / EBGames in the U.S... Guess nobody there is interested in the really cool games. :)[/QUOTE]

If it is not popular enough to get lots of preorders than there is no way the game is cool ;)

Great game, worth the $29 entry fee. I'm still too addicted to Age of Empires, but I already picked this one up based on all the EU reviews.

I've finished the first tutorial mission, began the second.

So I ask - at some point does this game become more palatable? I played the hell out of Civ2 back in the day (and Civ1 before it), but this game seems pretty complicated right now. I mean you go into the building menu and there's a good 8-10 options or so, and some of those options have multiple options themselves!

I'll probably play some more missions in story mode before I ultimately decide to keep going or not.

[quote name='Strell']I've finished the first tutorial mission, began the second.

So I ask - at some point does this game become more palatable? I played the hell out of Civ2 back in the day (and Civ1 before it), but this game seems pretty complicated right now. I mean you go into the building menu and there's a good 8-10 options or so, and some of those options have multiple options themselves!

I'll probably play some more missions in story mode before I ultimately decide to keep going or not.[/QUOTE]

it takes FOREVER but you do finally start to grasp how you have to set up your islands (and even then, you're bound to fuck something up).

And no matter what, I still haven't figured out how get my people to the last level without going broke (and usually before I finish all the objectives so I end up restarting the chapter over and over again)

bread's done
Back