ANNOUNCEMENT Canadian group discussions

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Lone is awesome and found out that you can make private groups on CAG!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=190

Meet one of the following condidtions:

Now with more exchange rate rage and less hoarding!

RULES:
1. Post your location.
2. Try to stay on-topic (exclusive deals only, everything else goes in the other forums).
3. Post remaining stock at your location, if applicable.

ANNOUNCEMENT: group membership has been reduced. Still over 100+ but most of them I can recognize. Most messages have been deleted as well: unfortunately they leave a residue.

OR

>You have made a private donation (bribe) of $10,000 CDN or more to Lone's PAYPAL account.

You need not PM me or anyone for that matter....Just click on the link to join!

Please bump this thread if you have posted in the private graoup as its status is not reflected here in the main forum!

Even though 99% of Canadian CAGS have already posted in the EB GAMES thread..this is a big pieces of news that deserves its own thread...LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Same. Even though I'm a proud, proud member of the elitist society. This should help cut down on the hoarding, but I feel bad for the folks who rarely post, or just joined, and have honourable intentions.

Erm there's ppl who joined last month there ~_~.

If you truly make a CAG CND group I'll join up, it's a nice place for regulars to come in and we can post in-store exclusives and such (like the Game Days deals) to ourselves (when leaking it early) and keep lurkers out.

What the hell? That rule is rediculous.

EDIT:

Has there been a glitch in the Matrix? Firestorm made a CAG Canada group the day groups launched.

Who???
Can you name the person that is in the group who joined in the last month or so?

I believe it is as of now pretty secure. You should join us....As it keeps the lurkers and j45430 out..

[quote name='kathos']Erm there's ppl who joined last month there ~_~.

If you truly make a CAG CND group I'll join up, it's a nice place for regulars to come in and we can post in-store exclusives and such (like the Game Days deals) to ourselves (when leaking it early) and keep lurkers out.[/quote]

I'm actually quite surprised there were this many lurkers. Maybe not surprised that they were here - but there's been alot of vocal activity lately - where were these posts before?!

I knew there were lurkers, but the number astounds me.
Check out how many views are on the Game Days thread. Wow.
Also, I applied for the group.

I don't even know why they came out for that game days thread. Nothing on the flyer actually impressed me, heh

[quote name='Spades22']I don't even know why they came out for that game days thread. Nothing on the flyer actually impressed me, heh[/quote]

I know... like where is Valkryia Chronicles dammit! :bomb:

Sounds interesting, but I rarely buy games in Canada, mostly browse American gaming sites for bargains even with the Canadian dollar. But eventually RFD will get first dibs on deals, as they seem to be bigger in group unfortunately.

[quote name='gamer602']Who???
Can you name the person that is in the group who joined in the last month or so?

I believe it is as of now pretty secure. You should join us....As it keeps the lurkers and j45430 out..[/quote]

Damn I didn't know there was 78 members already ~_~ yeah I was looking at the "10 out of 78" members the banner has and a few of them were January joinees.

Call me an elitist but I'd rather share with the vets than just the RFDers in diguise (don't think I don't fucking see you you pricks!).

I'll join up but once the applications (or joinings) slow down and the member list culled I'll start posting stuff in REAL advance =\.

Wouldn't it be wiser to go with a post count ratio? Isn't a lurker someone who basically just looks for deals but never posts? Kind of cruel, but wouldn't that curb people who joined a long time ago but never really do anything but look at deals?

Just a thought

Don't forget!! This is for true CAGers only!!!

NONE OF THIS RFD HOARDING CRAP!!!

If you squeal on us.... I'll let gamer602 handle the rest ;)

Interesting idea, it's always fun to share deals with people who will actually make use of them honestly. It's always a pain to keep hoarders away, trying to let everyone take advantage of the deals without abusing.

I'm in!

okay $1000 done, whats his paypal account so I can send the monies? RFD drives me crazy, I have tried to navigate their forums and well I guess I confuse easily cause I always get lost every time I go on that site.

werd. put it my request. this is the only deal forums i ever contribute. thanks for bringing this to my attention. pretty cool

[quote name='game_fanatic']^^ Same. Even though I'm a proud, proud member of the elitist society. This should help cut down on the hoarding, but I feel bad for the folks who rarely post, or just joined, and have honourable intentions.[/quote]

yep, i'm screwed. I've been checking out posts here for a little while, but it seemed like rfd was all over everything posted here and taking it 10 steps further into hoardville and sociopathtown so i was never inclined to join yet because i figured everything would fall apart as soon as a genuine deal posted here for a gamer is raped by rfd. I finally joined because i saw that there was a Canadian group now, but i guess i'll have to wait a couple months when i'm elite, haha
(i'm also a member on rfd, but i'm getting sick of it now. The video game threads are more about people maximizing profit than actual game threads).

[quote name='Teddite']I knew there were lurkers, but the number astounds me.
Check out how many views are on the Game Days thread. Wow.
Also, I applied for the group.[/quote]

Agreed. And here I was thinking we had a nice little community of about 30-40 Canadians or so... but no, there's like, hundreds.

A few notes:

1. I haven't rejected any invitees. I haven't kicked anyone, and I'm not going through the list to see if they meet the post/age requirement.

2. 183 members: most threads on here get like what, 20 posts? The lurker-poster ratio is huge. However, I have no problem with lurking, but I DO have a problem with taking and not reciprocating.

3. What do I mean about not reciprocating? It includes, but is not limited to the following:

-not posting a location where you got the deal
-not posting the remaining stock at that location
-not thanking the source(s)

4. So from 3, what I'm saying is: be a community and contribute. I'm pretty sure I lurked here when I first joined because I didn't know the regulars and the posting etiquette, so to speak. But once you get a feel for it, contribute! Just a simple "thanks, picked up a copy at " goes a long way.

5. The group is not elitist, as the 180+ members prove. This does not eliminate the hoarding though: a good hoarder will stay silent and/or lie. However, short of going full-elitist through selective PM's, going members-only is probably the easiest and fairest way.

6. Try to limit the RFD-bashing. Some of us have accounts there too. ;)

I think I'm done. Happy spending!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']-not posting a location where you got the deal[/quote]

Totally agree with the first part. I don't see a majority of members posting their location, but it would save a hassle if everyone at least filled in their user info thru the User CP so it would show up with every post. I for one can't remember where the hell everyone is located, even if you think we should know by now. Posting locations helps the community.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Totally agree with the first part. I don't see a majority of members posting their location, but it would save a hassle if everyone at least filled in their user info thru the User CP so it would show up with every post. I for one can't remember where the hell everyone is located, even if you think we should know by now. Posting locations helps the community.[/quote]
Yeah I agree completely. It's not like people are going to be like "Man i hate that Cthulhu8u character, and he's from Toronto, so I'm gonna go to Toronto and fuck him up." We're all buds here, show the location in your profile! Even a region is better than nothing (Southwest Ontario, for example)

Over 200 already... if I had a dollar for everyone that signed up, I'd have a DSi, without even setting foot in SDM!

You could always click the sink in my leg. I mean the link in my sig. ;)

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Over 200 already... if I had a dollar for everyone that signed up, I'd have a DSi, without even setting foot in SDM!

You could always click the sink in my leg. I mean the link in my sig. ;)[/quote]

I'll get in on that - and suggest people do the same with something similar...I don't think I'm allowed to say it though ;)

i didnt actually think there were hoarders in my area until last year at the gamer days event, i wasnt able to get a single game i wanted from the deal :(

Just sent my request to join. Haha, also just took a look at my posting/thread stats. I must say they are pretty outstanding. Ah, sarcasm. It's just not the same over the Internet. Some might say I'm a Keyboard Warrior who knows when to pick his fights.

bread's done
Back