ANNOUNCEMENT Canadian group discussions

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Lone is awesome and found out that you can make private groups on CAG!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=190

Meet one of the following condidtions:

Now with more exchange rate rage and less hoarding!

RULES:
1. Post your location.
2. Try to stay on-topic (exclusive deals only, everything else goes in the other forums).
3. Post remaining stock at your location, if applicable.

ANNOUNCEMENT: group membership has been reduced. Still over 100+ but most of them I can recognize. Most messages have been deleted as well: unfortunately they leave a residue.

OR

>You have made a private donation (bribe) of $10,000 CDN or more to Lone's PAYPAL account.

You need not PM me or anyone for that matter....Just click on the link to join!

Please bump this thread if you have posted in the private graoup as its status is not reflected here in the main forum!

Even though 99% of Canadian CAGS have already posted in the EB GAMES thread..this is a big pieces of news that deserves its own thread...LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hockridge']Is the 95% off deal at EB atleast?[/quote]

95% off would be rather funny :lol:
people would probably get trampled over during opening hours!

It's amazing how many new screen names I've seen around here since the group started up. Just as amazing is the number of them that have had accounts for several years, and I've still never seen their screen name.

[quote name='gamer602']Alert!

a 95% off deal has been posted![/quote]
This seems to me like a really dick move, and I'm a member of the group. There is no point in posting something like this. Not only are some CAGs not allowed in the group, but we get to rub it in their faces of the "great" ultra-YMMV deals available. A $2 Xbox 360 Official Wireless Headset at BBV was the deal. There. I said it. Now all the lurkers and hoarders and non-elitists can go to their local BBV, and report back the $60 price tag. I wouldn't have said anything if you didn't rub it in their face.

Maybe one of these "lurkers" will come across a couple and share them with the community. I know I would sell my soul (and maybe one of my kids) for a $2 wireless headset. Also Gamer602 with a dick move, now way I dont believe it.

it wasnt meant to rub it in their faces.

In hindsight, I should have posted:

Group updated.

beyond that thou...it was a legit price at my store.

I'm not saying you fabricated the price or anything, it just wasn't cool to post the "95% off" update. I wouldn't even mention if there was an update in the group. If the members are truly "Elitists," they'll be checking the site everyday anyways. Let those who are not members just forget about it, or every "update" you'll be opening new wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ well, the huge capital letter 95 % off deal updates caughht my attention... so it does help for members who doesnt go to the group regularly...

but it does seem like rubbing it in.

a quick

" group updates so get your ass there "

would be better next time :)

if there is a next time :/

its been a while, hasn't it?

[quote name='game_fanatic']I'm not saying you fabricated the price or anything, it just wasn't cool to post the "95% off" update. I wouldn't even mention if there was an update in the group. If the members are truly "Elitists," they'll be checking the site everyday anyways. Let those who are not members just forget about it, or every "update" you'll be opening new wounds.[/quote]

I agree completely with you game_fanatic. This is the main reason I decided I was not going to post randomly everyday just to be a part of the group. I will post a Thanks OP when I take advantage of a deal (if they are ever posted again) but that is basically about it.

In a way the elitest group is worse then RFD...at RFD they at least share all the hot deals...and rarely do I see people gloating about having a secret deal that they cant tell anyone...I think the elites should just keep the deals/updates within their secret group and not bother posting updates in this thread...after-all they are elites and are "supposed" to log in every day, post something and check their group updates..otherwise they are lurkers...or so I have been told :roll:.

[quote name='gamer602']That is NOT TRUE.
The group has stated that after 5 days, any deal there is then posted on the main boards.[/quote]

Unfortunately, with limited stock at most stores...after 5 days no one would be able to find anything anyways...so really I dont see the point of posting after 5 days...just keep the deals within your elite group and dont let the "common" folk (like me) ever know about it...it would be better that way...no resentment or envy would be created as no one would know about the deal they missed out on :cool:

Well I checked my local BBV, and there was one headset, priced and scanned at $59.99. Apparently I'm a "traitor," but in all honesty I wouldn't have said squat if the situation was approached a bit more delicately. And considering the HUUUGE YMMV of the deal (no offense to gamer602) I figured it was unnecessary to keep others in the dark.

[quote name='Domerchuchu']Unfortunately, with limited stock at most stores...after 5 days no one would be able to find anything anyways...so really I dont see the point of posting after 5 days...just keep the deals within your elite group and dont let the "common" folk (like me) ever know about it...it would be better that way...no resentment or envy would be created as no one would know about the deal they missed out on :cool:[/quote]With limited people in the group (or 100+ whatever) I think chances are decent. I still think they should be posted here afterward. It was a rule of thumb I also proposed back when CAG was smaller and RFD was less douchey about deals on CAG before hitting RFD.

I agree with Firestorm.
I really doubt that with the limited number of members in the group, we could kill any deal. Especially considering we are from all over the country. I would think that the anti-hoarding mentality should also help.

[quote name='Teddite']I agree with Firestorm.
I really doubt that with the limited number of members in the group, we could kill any deal. Especially considering we are from all over the country. I would think that the anti-hoarding mentality should also help.[/quote]

If a deal such as the xbox 360 headset was on in my area I would horde. However I would be buying them for a couple of friends and selling the rest at cost to the people on cag who couldnt get in on the deal.

[quote name='Domerchuchu']Unfortunately, with limited stock at most stores...after 5 days no one would be able to find anything anyways...so really I dont see the point of posting after 5 days...just keep the deals within your elite group and dont let the "common" folk (like me) ever know about it...it would be better that way...no resentment or envy would be created as no one would know about the deal they missed out on :cool:[/quote]

Honestly, anyone, upon finding a hot deal, would take advantage of it himself/herself first, then let their friends know, then post it on the Internet. It's just that in case we'll post it in the group first, then the public forums.

[quote name='killmak']If a deal such as the xbox 360 headset was on in my area I would horde. However I would be buying them for a couple of friends and selling the rest at cost to the people on cag who couldnt get in on the deal.[/quote]killmak - didn't know you were a CAGer! ello ello!

[quote name='dtp11']killmak - didn't know you were a CAGer! ello ello![/quote]

dtp11 - didnt know you were a stalker :razz:. I have been around CAG for a while.

[quote name='Opopanax']Anyway we can get this stuck on the main page? It's a bit hard to track down the link.[/QUOTE]

In your profile on the right side, there's links to all of the groups you're in. Took me a while to find it, but I knew there had to be a better way.

[quote name='uutf']In your profile on the right side, there's links to all of the groups you're in. Took me a while to find it, but I knew there had to be a better way.[/quote]

Still not ideal, but better than nothing. Thanks

bread's done
Back