Another Arcade Double Header: Eets: Chowdown and Pinball FX - April 25th

terribledeli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/04/23/EETsPinballFX.aspx

Two additional games will become available this Xbox LIVE Arcade Wednesday: “Eets: Chowdown” and “Pinball FX.”

“Eets: Chowdown” Chomps Its Way Onto Xbox LIVE Arcade

Get your thinking cap on and your sweet tooth in shape, as “Eets: Chowdown” becomes available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, Apr. 25 at 0900 GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

“Eets: Chowdown” from Klei Entertainment Inc. is a visual feast for the eyes and a treat for the brain, combining 2D puzzle game elements with a surreal sense of humor. Gamers must use colorful and wacky items like spouting Prankster Whales, vengeful Marshomechs, Radioactive Ginseng and more to manipulate Eets’ emotions and safely guide it through myriad hazards to each level's exit.

“Eets: Chowdown” offers a slew of new items, 120 levels and the exclusive debut of Marsho Madness, a high-adrenaline action game in which players must keep the impending evil marshmallows at bay.

“Eets: Chowdown” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

* 120 new levels in gorgeous high definition graphics
* Tons of crazy characters, including Marshomechs, Radioactive Ginseng, and Exploding Superpigs.
* Marsho Madness: the crazy, adrenaline-rushing “Eets” action game, where players can play co-op to keep the impending evil marshmallows at bay
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points

More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.

Flip for “Pinball FX” on Xbox LIVE Arcade

Gamers will soon be able to bump and flip in high-definition, as “Pinball FX” will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, Apr. 25 at 0900 GMT (2:00 a.m. Pacific).

Zen Studios’ new “Pinball FX” offers a unique pinball experience for novice and expert gamers. It combines the arcade thrills of traditional pinball with enhanced gameplay and exciting, innovative features not found in any other pinball game. Gamers may control the flippers with their hand or arm motions using the Xbox LIVE Vision Camera or simply use the standard Xbox 360 controller. Pinball FX sets a new standard for realistic ball physics and graphical detail in pinball video games.

“Pinball FX” will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.

Game Features

* Real-time head-to-head mode for online multiplayer competition for up to 4 players
* Three vibrant, 3D pinball tables
* Tables start out simple, but new challenges open up as a player’s skill advances
* Gesture based controls and live chat via the Xbox 360 LIVE Vision Camera
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
* Amazing realism that is an industry first for the genre

More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.

800 on pinball = no sale.

"Gesture-based controls"...yeah, I'm sure people who opt to use those will have an enjoyable experience. For 10 bucks, they need to give a lot more than 3 tables.

Nice to see two games coming out again though. Hopefully next week's "double" will be of the Dragon variety.

800 on pinball = no sale.

"Gesture-based controls"...yeah, I'm sure people who opt to use those will have an enjoyable experience. For 10 bucks, they need to give a lot more than 3 tables.

Nice to see two games coming out again though. Hopefully next week's "double" will be of the Dragon variety.

Last weeks double feature made more sense, a game for 800 points and a game for 400 points, works out. This week it's all over priced... Eets sounds fun tho, probably get the trial.

A bit expensive at 800 points a pop but I'm glad that XBLA is seeing a decent amount of games released.

I've a feeling the VC and XBLA may be all I have to keep me going over the summer drought.

800 points a little pricey for Pinball, but I'll still pick it up.

The last pinball game I actually bought was Last Gladiator Digital Pinball on the Saturn. I figure I own the machines something.

I'm never going to want to spend 800 points on games like these again. Now that Castlevania got released and I've seen that some games actually are priced right all this crap seems even more like a ripoff than ever before.

[quote name='terribledeli']800 points a little pricey for Pinball, but I'll still pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Don't you pick up just about every XBLA game?

It's about time a pinball game came to the XBLA but at 800 pts, I may have to pass. I'll try demos before I make a final judgement.

[quote name='CAG 79']Don't you pick up just about every XBLA game?

It's about time a pinball game came to the XBLA but at 800 pts, I may have to pass. I'll try demos before I make a final judgement.[/QUOTE]

Usually. Its easier on my wallet to buy a $10 game for my wife instead of picking up Wii titles.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Any impressions of either title?[/QUOTE]

I hated Pinball FX. Maybe if it was 400pts it might merit a purchase but for 800pts three tables isn't enough besides the game playing like shit. The Pinball game that comes with Windows is 100x better.

Eets was a lot of fun and I will probably end up buying this for my wife and daughter to play.

Pinball was great to me, especially with the cam. Got 2 achievements in the demo, but wouldn't give them to me :(

It looks good to me so far, reasonably priced at 800 pts imo. Keep in mind you used to pay almost full PC price for 3d pinball games like BigRace USA that matched the quality of the tables here and BigRace USA while being one of my favourites was just one table (one hella table though).

I'm mulling over dropping 800 pts on it now especailly with Double Dragon and the SSFT2 HD remix and Puzzle Fighter Remix due out soon

Well I caved since I had 1600 pts sitting around from gaming lagoon anyway. Those other two tables do suck, the first one is the best. The second one especially needs a better design. The promise of downloadable tables definitely pushed me over. If you don't like pinball you can probably skip this one. Its an okay purchase now since there are no other competing pinball games, but there definitely could be better.

I like the Speed Pinball Table...well it was the first one I played before going in the office.

I wonder what other tables they will offer...I will fork up 400 pts. if 2 comes in a pack, otherwise, it's going to be like a Guitar Hero DLC controversy all over again.

I will probably pick up Eets

I still need to pick up Jetpac and Boom Boom Rocket. I dont connect to live very much, so Soon I will probably pick up all three.

I love Pinball FX.

I'm going to wait for some Eets reviews.

[quote name='Sinistar']Is Eeets the same game that's available on Steam? I tried the demo there and it's pretty fun.[/quote]

yeah, but the 360 version has extra levels and a new mode.

I'm liking the pinball but I'm loving it even more when I take on 3 other people online. I have to agree I like the speed table then the agent one with the extreme last. It's just way too close to my flippers. Anyone try moving the flippers with their hands with the camera as it says you can do?

[quote name='Spybreak8']I'm liking the pinball but I'm loving it even more when I take on 3 other people online.[/QUOTE]how does the multiplayer work? Do you just play separately and then compare scores at the end?

Wow, I'm suprised that Eets is coming over to XBLA, I used to follow indie-game news and checked out the demo for Eets a year and a half ago on PC and loved it. Once I get my 360 fixed I'm going to have to get this.

Pinball FX uses rumble better than ANY game I can think of. I really feels like your at a pinball machine.

Of course I haven't played a real game of pinball in four years, so I could be wrong...

Pinball FX is EASILY worth 800pts. If you think that's too much you are a tightass...or maybe you don't like pinball games.

The Extreme table does kind of suck but the Agents one is good.
The Speed one is the best though for sure.

GREAT game, but it needs local multiplayer!!!

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Pinball FX uses rumble better than ANY game I can think of. I really feels like your at a pinball machine.

Of course I haven't played a real game of pinball in four years, so I could be wrong...[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you!

[quote name='BustaUppa']how does the multiplayer work? Do you just play separately and then compare scores at the end?[/quote]
It's similar to Metroid Pinball on the DS if you've played that. Each player plays on their own screen and there is a progress bar on the top left with each player's specific color arrow. Four players I think it's red, green, blue and yellow as you can see the color border around each gamerpic which represents each player on the top right. Sometimes those pics get in the way but if you know the board you'll be fine. It's cool when you put in a % penalty when you loose your ball, one game everyone was winning at one point and then we all lost points, it was crazy. I also agree that the rumble kicks ass.

bread's done
Back