Another Blu-Ray & HD DVD Sale @ Tower.com

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
[quote name='mywhitenoise']Tower.com is offering a bunch of discounted Blu-ray Discs, some as low as $13.99. Shipping is free on orders over $25; otherwise add $2.30.
There's an option for Google check out, does that $10 off for first time customers work on all google check out orders?

http://www.tower.com/surf/explore/nav_exp/nav_3_browse.cfm?div_id=3&format=3[/quote]

Thanks for the deal OP... I'm pretty sure the 10 dollars off google c/o is only applicable with buy.com.

There are also great prices on HD-DVDs too, with many being $15 or lower.

Lots of good deals there, as most of the Blu-rays offered for sale are the typically BOGO ones on amazon.

I'm in for the Fantastic Four. Only $68.98?!?!?!?!? Score!!!!

j/k...thanks OP, I'm in for some more realistically priced stuff....:)

[quote name='epp1e']Sweet, found the Blu-ray of Casshern for a decent price :D[/quote]

I saw this as well and almost don't believe it. I've searched on the net and no one has any record of this existing.

I ordered on the hopes that Tower somehow magically really has it. This is easily one of the movies I most wanted in hd.

Awesome price on some Buena Vista releases... picked up Ratatoiulle, Remember the Titans (13.99!), and The Prestige. Thanks OP!

Thanks OP, picked up Black Hawk Down and Knights Tale both for $27.98. Wasn't goint to do it and then I just went to the checkout screen and saw 2 bd's for less than $30 and had to go for it.

I splurged and picked up Memento, Underworld, Hellboy, First Blood, Bullitt, The Getaway, The Host, Paprika, The Rock, The Terminator, The Road Warrior, The Devil's Rejects and Enemy of the State. Spent over 200, but they won't get any cheaper than this price new outside of the offshoot chance they'd be apart of a BOGO. They averaged out to be about 18 each, which is a nice price. I wanted these for my library anyway, thanks a ton OP... making me spend so much... At least no tax and free shipping is awesome.

Never ordered myself but I'm keeping my order intact, it sucks they charged before they ship the items, but as long as it comes soon I don't really mind.

WOW thanks ehwhoknows, was about to order up 4 blu-rays and after reading those reviews of the site, I decided to hold off. Every review there was as bad as you can get. Good heads up.

I had 5 in my cart as well and then saw those reviews. I don't know if the potential for hassle is worth the $20 or so I'd save over Amazon today. I'll just wait for an Amazon BOGO instead.
Makes sense since Tower went out of biz not long ago. Apparently this is the company that bought up the few remaining assets.

I just ending up placing an order, I really hope that I do get them. I'm sure I should, if there are any problems I'll just have to start knocking heads.

These prices are really all over the price. Look at all the movies that are $50, $60, $70 like Die Hard with a Vengence, Princess Bride, and The Sentinel!

edit:Wait, a lot of these high priced ones are listed twice, also at cheaper prices...

MjC

I ordered a 360 Wireless Racing Wheel for them awhile back when they were supposedly going out of business. No problems.

[quote name='y2julio']Tower used to be a B&M store. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_Records[/quote]
lol, dood, you act like it was ancient history.

But anyway, this is NOT the same company that owned Tower before, Tower Records DID go out of business and the website was bought by this crackpot organization based in Canada. From what I've heard and read...STAY AWAY.

I really do long for the old days of Tower's website as their warehouse was based in West Sacramento, about 30 minutes up the freeway from me. I always had 1 or 2 day shipping because of it. It was great when they'd have their online sales.

[quote name='Aleman']Just got an email, all three of my Blu-rays that I ordered yesterday shipped today.[/quote]

Same here.

I'm really running out of blu-rays to own. Are Robocop and Basic Instinct worth their prices (That's how many blu-rays I own, these titles are the very bottom of my wanted list.)?

I bought the Mission Impossible box from them late last year, besides taking 2-3 days before they shipped media mail (so about 10 days to get to me), I had no complaints. I was nervous as I ordered and THEN saw the reviews but it went ok.

I ordered a few days before this post was up as I found it on a different forum. I placed the order on the 18th, and they didn't ship until the 21st. I ordered four HD-DVDs and got four different emails confirming shipping. I chose the free shipping, so it said it would be here in 8-15 days, so if it isn't here sometime next week I'll update you all.

I ordered last night, and while they instantly charged my card, they already shipped about half of my order of 13 today via media mail. Pretty impressive.

I just placed an order for less than $30:

Rent [Blu-ray]
One Last Thing [Blu-ray]

I'll let you know how my order goes.

[quote name='lawdood']lol, dood, you act like it was ancient history.

But anyway, this is NOT the same company that owned Tower before, Tower Records DID go out of business and the website was bought by this crackpot organization based in Canada. From what I've heard and read...STAY AWAY.

I really do long for the old days of Tower's website as their warehouse was based in West Sacramento, about 30 minutes up the freeway from me. I always had 1 or 2 day shipping because of it. It was great when they'd have their online sales.[/quote]It is ancient history, well for me :p

I placed an order for 3 Bluray/HD-DVD on Thursday and received shipment confirmation emails this morning. I'll keep you all updated.

[quote name='Aleman']Just got an email, all three of my Blu-rays that I ordered yesterday shipped today.[/quote]

I ordered four Blu-rays late Thursday night. Three of them shipped yesterday (all except Blade Runner). So I'm not worried.

Put my order in on the 18th, all four of my movies arrived today. The free shipping came to me media mail from Miami, FL.

Everything arrived correct and complete, so they're legit as far as I'm concerned. Go ahead and order away if you've been on the fence.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I had 5 in my cart as well and then saw those reviews. I don't know if the potential for hassle is worth the $20 or so I'd save over Amazon today. I'll just wait for an Amazon BOGO instead.
Makes sense since Tower went out of biz not long ago. Apparently this is the company that bought up the few remaining assets.[/quote]

Agreed. I feel more comfortable buying through Amazon.

They are great so long as the item is in stock and you don't have to return anything. If you do have to return something, you are pretty much fucked as they don't respond to email.

Great. I just got my shipment...and the Lives of Others was standard DVD. Looks like I just got hosed.

i sent the e-mail...but according to the above...it's not looking so good.

[quote name='BooSe86']They sent me Casshern on DVD rather than BLURAY... now I'm a bit upset.[/quote]
I was concerned about this as this movie was showing as a Paramount release and Paramount is HD-DVD exclusive and have been since last summer before this DVD was released in America so I was very doubtful that it was on Blu Ray. Also, it wasn't available on Blu Ray on Amazon and that sent up a red flag for me.

bread's done
Back