another crazy slidecage question...When do you Harvest Pumpkins

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
Well we desided to plant pumpkins for the cousin kids this year... (this is the first time we ever did pumpkins)

well we thought you would harvest these in mid OcT for halloween BUT when we now go out to check on them

the pumpkins are orange but all of the green plants that they grew off of are now Brown and dead and even some of the flowers (where the pumpkins come out) turn black and died

2 week ago we had vines all over the backyard but ever since then the leaves have been turning brown/black and dying off...

does it sound like the summer heat was just too bad this year and killed them off

i cant belive how many leaves died in the last 4 days (this weekend you could not even see the ground) today you can see the entire yard and all of the green leaves are now brown and dead

I don't know.. I just stopped in to say that you're one of my favorite CAGs. Slidecage is a cool name.. although I like Facecage more.

Generally, when you grow pumpkins in the backyard, you just use 2-3 seeds and cross your fingers. Most of them will die if you're not tending to them a lot or the weather turns to shit. Plant more seeds to up your odds, but be prepared for them to fucking take over your garden if you use too many. If you plant too many, you'll end up with like 10 pumpkins and your friends will hate you when everytime you come over they gotta hear "Hey man, want some pumpkins? I got tons of them, just take what you want."

You cannot harvest them until the Great Pumpkin rises out of your pumpkin patch and brings toys to all the good little boys and girls.

[quote name='Vhehs2']When did you plant them? They are usually planted in July.[/QUOTE]

thought back of package said plant in may... 180 days to harvest they came up a lot faster then 180 days

put them in ground may 29

there is already a war in my backyard ...

pumpkins attacking the watermellon and corn and everything is attacking the sunflowers LOL

werid thing is my Sunflowers came up with like 20 heads on each plant .. last year it was one head per plant

i think they tossed half a package into the ground and got around 8 of them

[quote name='slidecage']thought back of package said plant in may... 180 days to harvest they came up a lot faster then 180 days

put them in ground may 29

there is already a war in my backyard ...

pumpkins attacking the watermellon and corn and everything is attacking the sunflowers LOL

werid thing is my Sunflowers came up with like 20 heads on each plant .. last year it was one head per plant

i think they tossed half a package into the ground and got around 8 of them[/QUOTE]

Now you just need some zombies to attack the plants ;)

bread's done
Back