Another Example Of How Unpaid Hackers Are Smarter Then Developers

bubbafett4hire

CAGiversary!
Sony's PSP firmware 6.30 was just released a few days ago to combat a exploit recently found with all PSP model including the PSP Go. No more then a week later looks like they need to hire some new staff or just give up as a exploit for 6.30 as already been found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXxJplivU64

People complain about piracy when they need to be complaining to system developers who just can't seem to get it right

[quote name='62t']I am still waiting for the smart hacker to hack ps3[/QUOTE]

They already did, Gehot did it after he got done the jailbreak on the iphone

that did more harm than good as sony took away the install other OS, and there is nothing new we can do with that

thread title is retardedly cute. good job :applause:

I love the beautiful logic you left us with at the bottom of the post too. Sheer genius.

Uh, 6.30 had nothing to do with patching an exploit. If that were the case, it would have been released shortly after the 6.20 exploit was found. But instead they released it the same time the PS3 got an update for PSN+

And considering that no one in the West is making PSP games any more because of the piracy issue, just who is the smart ones? The hackers that killed the platform for us honest folk? Real geniuses.

[quote name='DiscoJer']Uh, 6.30 had nothing to do with patching an exploit. If that were the case, it would have been released shortly after the 6.20 exploit was found. But instead they released it the same time the PS3 got an update for PSN+

And considering that no one in the West is making PSP games any more because of the piracy issue, just who is the smart ones? The hackers that killed the platform for us honest folk? Real geniuses.[/QUOTE]

They had other issues to deal with such as the Patapon 2 Demo exploit not just the Splinter Cell one.

Not all hackers are to blame and especially not this one, he could have been a real dick and released more info such as the how and what but he didn't. Sony now knows they have a issue and can fix it but the won't till it's to late as history has shown. Sony promised us less then 4 months ago they'd fix retail...there doing a piss poor job so far.

[quote name='ssjmichael']thread title is retardedly cute. good job :applause:

I love the beautiful logic you left us with at the bottom of the post too. Sheer genius.[/QUOTE]

+1

Clearly OP has little knowledge of computer systems. Anyone can tell you it is way easier to find exploits to a system than it is to make it completely secure. No system is completely secure.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']+1

Clearly OP has little knowledge of computer systems. Anyone can tell you it is way easier to find exploits to a system than it is to make it completely secure. No system is completely secure.[/QUOTE]

WOW holy shit... no system is ever secure OMFG what news to me.
with this new insight of enlightenment maybe I should cancel my attendee tickets for The Next HOPE this year.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']WOW holy shit... no system is ever secure OMFG what news to me.[/QUOTE]

If you know that no system is ever secure, why are you making a big deal out of an exploit being found in 6.30?

I really want a psp that plays old NES games(most that I still have the carts for) not copies of PSP games, I wish there was a better(read : more legal) way to play these games with save states, but there just isn't. I wish DSiWare would have a NES store(again with save states)....

If I only knew someone that could help me out, my plane ride to NY next week would be so much better... Maybe I will check craigslist and see what happens.

[quote name='Scorch']If you know that no system is ever secure, why are you making a big deal out of an exploit being found in 6.30?[/QUOTE]

Cause like i said 2 posts ago

Sony promised us less then 4 months ago they'd fix retail...there doing a piss poor job so far.

I pay to play like everyone else does and lack of games on this system sucks. They patch 2 known save game exploits just to have another pop-up in less then a week.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']I pay to play like everyone else does and lack of games on this system sucks. They patch 2 known save game exploits just to have another pop-up in less then a week.[/QUOTE]

I still don't get it - you KNOW that no system is ever secure and will never be secure, yet you wish they'd make a magical patch to make their firmware bulletproof. There will always be an exploit, and you know it and acknowledge it. As long as we're just ranting about wishes, I wish I'd win the lottery, I wish the oil spill never would've happened and I wish it wasn't so humid outside.

bread's done
Back