Another Paypal problem...significantly not as described dispute

style_unseen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
So, I recently sold an item, http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&campid=5335816987&toolid=10001&customid=&mpre=http%3A//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D320314551659
(an xBox) for $85. I shipped it, the buyer received it and filed a SNAD dispute.
He said there was a big dent on it and the games were scratched. I told them it was used and there was no dents on the xBox. I have pictures to prove it.

So, if I escalate it to a claim, what could help me win?

Predictions on who will win?

Also, my terms and conditions(also in the listing):
Terms & Conditions
-Paypal only, US only. I do not ship outside US! No international bidders, please.
-Paypal payment from confirmed US addresses only.
(If you have feedback, I may sell it to you if you have no way of confirming your address. If this is the case, message me.)
-Please make sure your Paypal address is correct! I am not responsible for incorrect information.
-I am not responsible for lost/damaged/stolen items when shipped~ I try my best to prevent it, but it happens rarely.
-No refunds or exchanges, the only exception is if the fault is on my side.
-I will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment. There may be inconveniences and shipping may
be delayed, but I will contact you.

Any questions? Send me a message(ask seller a question).

Ships via USPS Priority Mail, including shipping confirmation.
(Priority Mail: 2-3 days estimated)

Although, I'm pretty sure they won't matter.

You will lose. I don't think it's possible to win a SNAD as a seller. It sucks but thats the way it is. Best case scenario he has to send it back you have to refund him minus shipping costs but you get the xbox back. Worst case scenario you have to refund him minus shipping and he sends you a box of newspaper with delivery confirmation and you lose the money and the xbox.

[quote name='magiic']You will lose. I don't think it's possible to win a SNAD as a seller. It sucks but thats the way it is. Best case scenario he has to send it back you have to refund him minus shipping costs but you get the xbox back. Worst case scenario you have to refund him minus shipping and he sends you a box of newspaper with delivery confirmation and you lose the money and the xbox.[/quote]
We'll see about that...:roll:

Reading their SNAD agreement and seeing this:

"An item is not Significantly Not as Described if:

1. The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller. For example, if the item description states one of the following: Item may not work properly, Item is missing some parts, or See picture for scratches or damages.
2. The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you saw it in person.
3. The description could have been reasonably misinterpreted. For example, if the item is a slightly different color than advertised (e.g. the item is aquamarine but was advertised as teal).
4. The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
5. The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition."

And a few of those are relevant to this situation.

[quote name='magiic']You will lose. I don't think it's possible to win a SNAD as a seller. It sucks but thats the way it is. Best case scenario he has to send it back you have to refund him minus shipping costs but you get the xbox back. Worst case scenario you have to refund him minus shipping and he sends you a box of newspaper with delivery confirmation and you lose the money and the xbox.[/quote]

LOL that would be awful.

[quote name='magiic']You will lose. I don't think it's possible to win a SNAD as a seller. It sucks but thats the way it is. Best case scenario he has to send it back you have to refund him minus shipping costs but you get the xbox back. Worst case scenario you have to refund him minus shipping and he sends you a box of newspaper with delivery confirmation and you lose the money and the xbox.[/QUOTE]

I lost as SNAD as a buyer.

I thought I was bidding on a "lot of guides" (exactly as she put in the auction and title) when it was actually one of those '5 in one' hint books. It wasn't even a guide, it was a trick book. There was no picture so that was definitely my fault for being an idiot. But I figured I'd try my luck...

I filed a SNAD saying the seller listed the auction for a lot of guides and instead sent one book which wasn't even a guide. Seller responded with some BS as how she detailed everything in the auction and clearly stated it was one book (which she didn't- it said it was for a lot of guides, never even mentioned the actual name of the book so I had no idea what I was). She escalated the claim right away and 2 weeks later, I lost. PayPal said it was sufficiently described (again, that's BS).

I basically paid $40 for a book that Amazon sells for $2. For comparison, I had like 300 feedback and she had 12. But again, I deserved it I guess for bidding on an auction without a picture.

OP, you might wanna ask the guy for pictures. Also, if you do have to send it back... I hope you recorded the serial number in case he tries to swap systems on you.

Ya you will lose,seller always loses for some reason.
I sold a 1985 pair of air jordans nib never worn..
the buy bought file a complaint, i said i would refund if he shipped back.
he shipped a empty box with a note that said thats for the shoes ass@%*#.
So he got the shoes and his money.
since then i dont use paypal...

Yeah, I've heard so much bad things about paypal, but that's the only thing around that I trust...

Vinny, I'm sorry about the lost. :(

I also sold an iPhone, old gen 8 gb for $325, and the buyer did a unauthorized transaction dispute. After a few weeks, the dispute was closed and payment was complete. 2 days later, The buyer then does a chargeback on his credit card, which was complete BS. Again, Paypal took the funds and put it on hold. Now they're just reviewing it...
Oh and...I didn't ship without signature confirmation...>_< I was a utter n00b back then.

bread's done
Back