(another) Shadow Complex give away (2 chances)

[quote name='Buzzman']I ahvent even found 1, what should I be looking for?[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm relieved to know it not just me. :lol: I went through 13 articles & 2 slideshows, but never noticed anything.

Code Redeemed

You have successfully redeemed a code for: Shadow Complex. It has been added to your download queue.

That was damn tricky! Took me 2 hours. But BIG thanks!!

(Sent email to you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well, 20 minutes and two codes..

I do like the blog though, I actually read the Gamer Grub and Mana Potion reviews. I was curious about them...

Keep it up, and thanks for the contest!

I noticed the Panzer Dragoon Mini review page was screwed up, and thought it might be hiding there, but I guess I'm not smart enough to know where to look.

Article "Metal Gear Solid marathon begins today" has the last code. Use "View -> Page Source" (Ctrl-U in Firefox).
I should have found it earlier (I clicked on each article 4-5 times), but I didn't think the rabbit hole went that deep until everyone was having trouble.

I sent voidedx a congratulatory email. Well played. I'd apologize for all the frustrations, but someone did eventually find it. It's nice to know it's wasn't impossible. The problem now it that I can't generate similar pages views in the future contests because everyone now knows the tricks ;-) Many publishers are coming out with some really cool downloadable games in the next couple months, so I hope do this again.

On a side note, if anyone is interested in writing for Examiner.com, let me know and we can split the referral bonus ($50). It'd be nice if you had a decent body of work already.

The bonus prize (I think I can share this) is an email Q&A with a Shadow Complex developer! PM me if you have a really good question and I'll consider it and PM the response. :)

It was hidden in a link in the paragraph after the list of games:

"The Speed Gamers are instead using this event to celebrate the grand opening of their online store."

The link pointed to:

"http://F8B9Y Woah, you actually found this?"

so the link didn't actually work. If you didn't view the source first, you might have caught it by seeing that the link didn't point to anything when it was moused over, and didn't go anywhere when clicked. Of course, then you'd need to be mousing over/clicking every link in every article, which would probably take as long as looking at the source for each page.

That was a good hunt. Great find voidedx! You definitely deserve the game for that bit of sleuthing.

[quote name='voidedx']The bonus prize (I think I can share this) is an email Q&A with a Shadow Complex developer! PM me if you have a really good question and I'll consider it and PM the response. :)[/QUOTE]

Ask about Advent Rising god damnit. It's bad enough everyone ignored it and jumped on the badwagon with Shadow Complex. At least try to spread interest that we (re: ME) want more from that series.

[quote name='nnthomas']Ask about Advent Rising god damnit. It's bad enough everyone ignored it and jumped on the badwagon with Shadow Complex. At least try to spread interest that we (re: ME) want more from that series.[/QUOTE]

OMG, I somehow forgot the relationship between Advent Rising and Shadow Complex! I __love__ Advent Rising too and really want the whole trilogy, so actually most of my questions will be about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks. I entered. I didn't realize the second code was still available. I didn't get on in time for the hidden one, so I figured it was too late.

This is just a quiet announcement that I managed to get another code for another game to give away this Friday. Stay tuned. Once again, bring Visine.

bread's done
Back