Another soon to be PS3 owner, safe to update? Preowned, what to do first?

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Okay, so heres the situation. I ordered a PS3 last night from someone on another forum. Its the 80gb non-bc version and comes with 3 games. So ill have it soon and Im just preparing for it arrival now. I hear all of these stories about flawed updates and bricking PS3s and ruining drives etc. etc. Since I dont have the PS3 in my possession yet, Im not sure if I should update the console to the latest update if it hasnt been yet. One last question, when the PS3 first arrives I should wipe it? How can I wipe it, thanks in advance guys, you have yet to fail me. ;)

You have to update to 3.10 if you want to play online. 3.15 is optional, unless you want to play PSP minis on your PS3.

If you want to reformat the drive, there is an option to do so through the system menu.

I have an 80GB non-BC model. Mine isn't the first of those and I don't know what model exactly you would have.

I personally have never had a problem with a system update, although with anything updating, when an update comes someone is going to have trouble. I have had no problems and I currently run 3.15.

Some people have had problems running certain games even, but that has not hit me. Any problems in the end tend to effect a minor number of people. If you want to wipe it, go for it. As stated it is a simple option in the menu.

I've got a slim, and the only problem I have is the controller sync issue. There's a workaround I've been using which is turning on the PS3 using the button on the console, then turning on the controller once the XMB has loaded.

I payed $250, for a PS3, DS3, MGS 4, LBP,and Motorstorm. Then purchased, God OF War Collection for $15, Socom Confrontation for $13 and $12 for Fallout 3, my friend also lent me MLB 09 The Show, because he hates it. So overall I think I came out with a great deal and i should be set as far as games go for atleast 2 to 3 months.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']I payed $250, for a PS3, DS3, MGS 4, LBP,and Motorstorm. Then purchased, God OF War Collection for $15, Socom Confrontation for $13 and $12 for Fallout 3, my friend also lent me MLB 09 The Show, because he hates it. So overall I think I came out with a great deal and i should be set as far as games go for atleast 2 to 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I paid $250 for a slim with Borderlands/MW2/COD4/Skate 2 on Craigslist

I think I'm gonna sell it all though. I only need (and can afford) to play one system, and all my friends are on live. I only play a few games a year, and Halo Reach + Mass Effect 2 + MW2 will keep me busy all year in 2010 and probably 2011 haha.

bread's done
Back