Another Wii Shipment tonight/tomorrow @ BB YMMV (Wiis will be sold SUNDAY)

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Just got back from my local BB and many employees claimed that another shipment of Wiis are on the way. They guessed if not tonight before 9:00 then most likely tomorrow morning. Now this may just be my local BB, but I figured Id let you all know.

[quote name='kevzik']Just got back from my local BB and many employees claimed that another shipment of Wiis are on the way. They guessed if not tonight before 9:00 then most likely tomorrow morning. Now this may just be my local BB, but I figured Id let you all know.[/quote]
I was planning on going to get the final season of Alias tomorrow morning anyways, so this will work out if they do. Good luck to anyone else trying tomorrow!

[quote name='SpazX']Rumor doesn't have a "u" in it in the good old US of A :p[/QUOTE]

It does if you choose to spell it that way.

There will rumors like this everyday. Nobody knows. I'm thinking that even if it comes in, they won't put them on the floor until Friday anyhow.

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']Odd, I believe that r-u-mor does have a u in it.

Uh...-stays in topic- Anyone else hear anything?[/quote]

Dammit! It doesn't have two u's in it in American English.

this is bullcrap

i can't wait for another shipment

i'm just going to freeze myself and then someone can unfreeze me when the new batch gets here

my friend who was waiting the other night (and got one) from best buy heard the same thing. it wouldn't suprise me, since i'm sure nintendo would like to sell more systems during black friday madness.

It makes no sense to wait for Black Friday- the systems will sell regardless of when they're on shelves, so why wait 3 days? That's 72 hours in business that's gone.

A few weeks back I was talking to a Nintendo rep and asked him about the Wii supply. He did mention that instead of one shipment every week or two of Wii's, many stores may be getting in multiple shipments in a week. The supply chain was just going to keep 'em coming...so this rumor would seem to fit in with that.

The next shipment said they would have for blackfriday. Which would be they're getting wensday night to put on sale for friday morning.

Atleast 12 will be there Sunday morning. They may very well put some out tomorrow or on BF, but most stores will hold more than 12 for their ads on Sunday morning. Check Speedy's weekly ad thread for next week to see where it says it.

All the places in my area (cupertino/san jose) say they have no idea when their getting theirs in. I would assume that if a shipment were to come on tuesday, the employees would know about it right?

[quote name='hmbtnguy']All the places in my area (cupertino/san jose) say they have no idea when their getting theirs in. I would assume that if a shipment were to come on tuesday, the employees would know about it right?[/quote]

The employees would probably know, but if they don't they probably haven't got them out of the boxes, put them in inventory or they do have them and they don't know.

They'll probably sell them on black friday hoping people would come and buy more games while they're there I hope they have some deals on wii stuff if not i'm good since the deals at CC.

Well got off the phone will an employee...deal is that they are getting this shipment, BUT they can't sell them till Sunday. I asked why and got some answer like they already met their goal for the week or something like that. I just don't get it with BF around the corner.

[quote name='coolbrys']Redding told me more Wii Remotes tomorrow, for what that's worth.[/quote]

They told me they "didn't know." So sick of this answer.

And to the dude who said "post specific deals only," You can consider this a hot deal. How is it any different than posting a heads up with wiis back instock on amazon?

I was in EB yesterday to pick up my preordered Madden 07 for Wii and asked the guy if they were going to have more Wiis in by Friday and he said were supposed to.

I am having trouble waiting after seeing Xplay last night. Everygame they review last night looked awesome to me except Rayman.

I cant wait.

Stupid eBay sellers selling them for $20 profit.

A local GameStop got in a shipment of 6 Wiis yesterday (of which I purchased 1). All were sold within 30 minutes of them coming in - I just happened to call when they were opening the shipping box! Hopefully Nintendo will try to keep a steady stream of the consoles flowing...

[quote name='acey']A local GameStop got in a shipment of 6 Wiis yesterday (of which I purchased 1). All were sold within 30 minutes of them coming in - I just happened to call when they were opening the shipping box! Hopefully Nintendo will try to keep a steady stream of the consoles flowing...[/QUOTE]

What time of day was this? I assume it's probably different for every location but whatever.

[quote name='kevzik']They told me they "didn't know." So sick of this answer.

And to the dude who said "post specific deals only," You can consider this a hot deal. How is it any different than posting a heads up with wiis back instock on amazon?[/quote]

I haven't had any experience with retail employees anywhere else, but it seems like Redding just has the most retarded people possible working here. No one knows anything, everyone lies to each other, and the customers are left confused and oblivious. I just remember when I was getting my Wii, the lady at Walmart said "Yes, it comes with everything, a Wii remote, a nunchuck, a classic controller, a points card, everything."

[quote name='phoenicks']It makes no sense to wait for Black Friday- the systems will sell regardless of when they're on shelves, so why wait 3 days? That's 72 hours in business that's gone.[/quote]

You are bad at marketing then. If they have Wii's on black friday it gives people a reason to go in their stores while there are sales.:cool:

Here's the info I got. All stores are suppose to be getting something wii related shipped to them every day. Whether it is accessories, games, or consoles. None of them knew what would be in each of the shipments, but what they did know is every day there will be some type of shipment. I asked several stores, (Target, BB, Wal-mart, EBgames, Gamestop, and even Sears) about this and they all told me the same thing. Every day, something will come in.

Now, alot of stores said by the weekend they should have more. Now by the weekend during this glorious week ... is Black Friday, unless specifically told other words. Also if even told other words that they'll be sold on a different day other than BF ... some will be in the store for sale on black friday. I could almost garuntee (wow butchered that one) that.

Good luck with that info, so all in all, call every day. I would bet nunchucks, etc will become available today or tomorrow. Also remember since they normally recieve them by seperate vendors, they're shipped UPS and Fed ex. So check twice a day.

[quote name='kevzik']They told me they "didn't know." So sick of this answer.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure people who are working retail this time of year (including myself) are sick of the question that it answers.

"Do you know when you are getting Wii's in?"
"When do your shipments come?"
"When should I call?"

Sometimes we know when certain items come in, sometimes we don't. When the PSP dropped, the store I worked for got 5 weeks worth of ship dates for PSP's for our particular company, so we were able to tell people when we were getting more stuff in.

People forget launch just happened two days ago, most stores have no idea when they are getting certain Wii accessories or even the systems in.

Also to sort of answer the question of why Best Buy might be holding them back? Well if it is on an Ad for that Sunday, most companies will hold it back to avoid customers coming in that Sunday and not being able to get the product. Also keep in mind that DM's usually like a nice flow of sales during the week, not just one really really high sales day (Sunday for instance), and things to crap out during the week. If they hang onto the systems they have more of a chance to up their sales of "add-on's" like accessories and warranties.

bread's done
Back