answered - lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apossum

Hey-- just wondering if anyone here has used a Best Buy warranty that somebody else bought, like a warranty for a system bought on ebay.
did they tell you that you needed to transfer the warranty officially through them? or could you just use it?

On the warranty pamphlet, it does state that the warranty is fully transferrable. I believe that as long as a receipt is attached, everything is good to go. I sold a couple of consoles on ebay, with BB warranties -- no problems from the buyers.

As long as you have the receipt it does not matter. Ive purchased things in the past with warranties and would go in and cancel them and collect the cash back. It was nice to buy a $500 TV and get $280 back from canceling.

If it's a PRP, then you can call 888 539 6883 and have the info changed over. At least, that was the phone # the last time I used it, and the receipt pamphlet with the warranty terms should list the phone # for the PRP. Worst case, go to BB and pick up a PRP pamplet for the phone # & terms.

For a PSP, then you need to do it via fax, and the number is 952 430 6248 . Same situation there, pick up a PSP pamphlet from BB and it'll give you all the particulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back