Anti-Virus & Wireless Router

sailorchrono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
So I looked through about 3 pages back and didn't see anything about this, hoping someone could help me =) I just got a laptop and was hoping if anyone knew where I could get a cheap anti virus (free would be even better) like Norton or McAfee.. I barely know anything about this so help would be much appreciated ^_^

Also, I have no idea how to set up a wireless network.. I have DSL at the moment, but would like to set up a network because my desktop and laptop both have wireless already...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Oh and I forgot to add, I'd like to get these things B&M. :)

Ah, that's what I actually use on my desktop :eek: I guess I should've also said that I'm looking for spybot protection too.. :) Or if anyone could point me over to a tutorial.. ; I'm a complete newbie when it comes to protecting my PC ; ;

Anywho, much appreciated! :D

The best Anti-Virus program is NOD32. If you need a free solution, Avast is the best, but you could always use AVG as a back up. AVG is not even close to being as good as Avast IMO though.

For Anti-Spyware there are tons of good free tools out there. Just go to download.com and you'll find plenty that are good.

If you use Comcast or Optimum Online, they both come with free AntiVirus software. You can download them after you login to your account. Comcast has MacAfee, Optimum has a ComputerAssociates product...

bread's done
Back