Antivirus Protection

RabbitSuit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
It seems like I recently stumbled upon a Trojan on the 5th, and I'm having some difficulties removing the thing from my PC.

I use Malwarebyte's for my computer and NoScript for my browser. But apparently those aren't enough. Can I get a recommendation as to a powerful, yet affordable, computer/browsing protection program?

Also, if you happen to know how to deal with removing:
System32\audioeng32.dll
SysWOW64\audioeng32.dll

I'll love you

^ That much.

Malwarebytes can detect it easily enough, however, the infected registry keys have to be removed upon a Reboot.

But they seem to be restored to normal when rebooting, and the two quoted files mentioned above in System 32 install themselves again.

Through Google, it seems that they seem to do a System Restore upon reboot when deleted, rather than simply restart the computer. And the way to correct that from happening it to turn off the option for system restore on your PC. After doing that though, the items just reinstall themselves.

It's pretty frustrating. To top it off, it's difficult to find a "guide" to help that isn't simply "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW" from a potentially unauthitic website.

This is the best I can find.

Thanks well in advance.​

Taken care of!

Last edited by a moderator:
Current am, but that the pesty sucker still comes back.

It's humbling getting my ass beat by a Trojan for the past two hours x.x

I'll make a Bleeping Computer account shortly and post there. Thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']Have you tried d/l and running Fix.exe first, then using MBAM?[/QUOTE]

Hm, nope, I haven't Admiral Moo.

What exactly is Fix.exe and where can I get a safe download of it? Doing a search for it gives me numerous results, but doesn't exactly mention anything -- like this.

-Edit-

Issue Solved! As soon as I removed the keys manually instead of letting Malwarebytes do it, it was taken care of :D

Last edited by a moderator:
possibly this would help you....
go to kaspersky.com and then download kaspersky removal tools....
goto safe mode and then run that program

Yeah, I was browsing through their forum. It didn't look like they asked much of you when you created a topic, but the general turnaround time for a response was looking to be about five to six days. And that's just the initial response x_x;

Looks like fantastic help though. I've bookmarked them incase of an issue in the future. I'll do the same with Computer Hope. Thanks.

If you're able to install it, try Avast. It's done a great job on 99% of the computers I've worked on. Make sure you update it and then schedule a boot-time scan -- it'll scan your system before Windows starts up and (hopefully) before the virus gets a chance to start.

bread's done
Back