Any accounting students here? I need help.

ragtop70

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm a college student taking Sage 50/Peach Tree accounting online. My assignment this week was to create subsidiary customer ledgers for a company, then add action items and an alert. I've completed the assignment, but I can't figure out how to get my action items and alert into Excel or Word so I can submit the assignment. I know how to copy and paste the ledgers, journals, and financial statements, but that's not working for this. Is there any way besides Print Screen? Please help. Thanks.

Ha, I remember Peachtree (before they changed the name to Sage 50)... but I don't remember how to use it honestly. 

I found this vid using a quick search: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNVtTpahV_E 

i'm taking my last semester for my masters in accountancy now but..... i haven't touch an accounting program in class.  everything is using hand or excel

Thanks for trying to help, Vinny, but I copied the forms to Excel. What I'm having trouble with is moving my alert and action items to Excel. This is the small window that comes up when you open Sage 50 which lists phone calls to be made and meetings to be had. Does anyone out there know how to do this?

Can't help with peach tree but as an accounting grad (2007) I can highly suggest switching majors ;-)

PS - You'll never see anyone using PeachTree out in the wild. Fake it til you make it in this course and if your college offers an enterprise resource planning (ERP) course, it is much more practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I'm in accounting as well (though I only graduated 2 years ago) but of all the companies I've interviewed with/worked for, I've never once seen PeachTree out in the wild.

I'm guessing most companies use Quickbooks since that's been around longer or is popular, I think. None of our clients use Peachtree and only a few use QB. 

I ended up using printscreen and that was acceptable. I go to IvyTech and both PeachTree and QuickBooks are required courses. I'm taking QuickBooks over the summer.

We use QB where I work.  It's not great but it's more than serviceable considering we're a fairly small (in the mid $1x million budget) non-profit.

bread's done
Back