Any advice on what to do with this game?

jumbo11

CAGiversary!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270146567702&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Seller described this item as "MINT." I messaged him about the condition of the discs and he replied with "a couple of minor scratches."

I know all my psx games have scratches from normal use, no biggie. I decided to buy.

Disc 1 has more than a couple of scratches and some tiny dots (holes?). Actually it has enough of them for the intro to skip during and not load past the "Im Alpha and Omega. Im the beginning..." part. The rest of the game plays fine so far.

Being the person that I am, it bothers me that I have a game that doesn't function in 100% when in fact that's what I was expecting from it described as mint.

By the way, I've tried this game in two different PS2's and my PSX. Same happens everytime.

Any advice? Should I resolve this with the seller or get the discs resurfaced?

I would attempt to return it if it were me. The problem is just because you haven't had the game play screw up yet, does not mean it will work fine the entire playthrough. It would really suck if you kept it several weeks then hit a part where a cutscene froze the game and it would be too late to return it.

I would return it as well, I've been putting a lot of my games up, and I always include photos, front and back of disc. I have a hard time bidding on anything that isn't new and sealed without a photo....

thx loserboy.
the seller was very nice and agreed to give me a refund.

he asked me how to "mark the transaction"?

i guess he means how to go about doing this officialy?

any advice? i've never had this happen. thanks.

Well, I haven't done it in a while, but I believe the first step is through paypal, he needs to refund the money (it will probably be less the shipping fee), once you receive your refund, you send the item back to him...as for how to mark it on his ebay console...I'm not that sure...

As per Paypal's rules the buyer is only supposed to pay shipping 1 way -- the return back to the seller (with delivery confirmation!).

The original shipping fees are returnable.

So you should expect a 100% refund of your payment. A simple "item not as described" dispute in paypal would take care of this if you have any trouble.

i hate ppl like that. they said its mint and it has minor scratches. To me, MINT means no scratches, no smudges, no blemishes, etc. And it skips also? that not good. its bad describing.

i bought a game few months back from ebay. it says no scratches and when i got it, it contains a couple of minor scratches.

last night, i ask the guy on ebay if theres any scratches, smudges, markings on cases, etc. He replied saying its in good shape. a dumb freaking idiot. In his description he said it looks and works great. most likely it does have scratches.

bread's done
Back