Any arcade stick sales with EVO almost here?

Zamzoph

CAGiversary!
Having gotten a lot of fighting games for my PS3 this year, I've very much been considering making the investment into getting an arcade stick, especially since I'm not feeling so hot with consecutively hitting the right motions on the d-pad. I don't want to sour my experience with some low-quality entry-level stick, though. I want to go directly to the good stuff, but preferably the good stuff on sale.

What I'm looking at in particular is the Madcatz Fightstick TE, which I know has had $100 sale prices in the past, but not recently. A couple of months ago, I'm pretty sure someone here suggested that there could be another sale when EVO 2011 happens at the end of this month. I could see this happening, especially since Madcatz is one of the big sponsors for the event. Does anyone else know if this has been the case for past EVOs or have any other thoughts on the matter?

This thread would be good for the discussion of other arcade sticks and sales for them, as well, since this subforum is currently lacking in stick talk.

If you can find a GS near you with the arcade SFIV stick, they're clearanced at $40, you can buy the parts to mod it and make it your own, it'd only run you ~100. I have a TE, and I had the Arcade at one point. I like the Arcade being smaller, but I didn't feel like modding it. It's a night and day difference when you get a TE though.

Now here's an important question for you, chickenbutt:

Are these sales going to be only on location, or will they be on websites like Amazon and such, as well?

Cuz, you know, it's not like I'm going to be able to go to these events...

The lowest I've seen on their sales was 129.99 and that was for a SF4 R1 TE.

The cheapest you will find one online is probably via amazon warehouse. I got my TE for $84, it was practically brand new.

I have a Dual Modded White TE-S stick that plug n play on both Xbox 360 and PS3 I'm trying to sale. shoot me a message if you're SERIOUS about buying one. Remember it's dual modded.

20%, hm? Well if that's what Madcatz has to offer for EVO, I guess that's the best deal I'll be able to get anytime soon.

But the newest design is not available on the PS3? Fuuuuuuuu-

bread's done
Back